Page 49 of 665 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149549 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by oldscottsummers View Post
    Jean is bland, evil, adulterous monster
    Bland, sure. I can't argue with that. However, if she was an evil, adulterous monster she would probably be more interesting.

The Scott and Emma show for the past 14 years was a nerd fan fiction which lasted far too long and was boring as hell, and after so long of being front and center I hope Scott stay dead for at least 15 years, as for Emma I hope she can be once again the strong and dangerous bitch she once was before writers who fantasise themselves as Scott Summers made her a poor stripper, drug addict abused by men....
    Last edited by perdid06; 02-11-2018 at 09:28 AM.

Scott abandoned his wife and son for Jean the first time she resurrected.
    Scott and Jean are bad for each other. She makes him a repressed man, a shadow of what he was in the 2000s after Morrison, and he makes her insecure about her powers like "Jean, NO, you are going PHOENIX again!"
    Jean is bland, evil, adulterous monster who does nothing but die and come back. But it's all she does. She tries to fool around behind Scott's back and dies. It's the only two things she has ever done.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Scott abandoned his wife and son for Jean the first time she resurrected.
    Scott and Jean are bad for each other. She makes him a repressed man, a shadow of what he was in the 2000s after Morrison, and he makes her insecure about her powers like "Jean, NO, you are going PHOENIX again!"
    Jean is bland, evil, adulterous monster who does nothing but die and come back. But it's all she does. She tries to fool around behind Scott's back and dies. It's the only two things she has ever done.
    Scott fans are so cute with Jean LOLOLOL

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post

I don't find it cute but incredibly selfish ...After having Scott being the front and center of the x-men for the past 14 years, whatever they are happy or not with the development he received, if you were reading comics and a Scott fan for 14 years you had plenty of material to enjoy debate and get excited, sad or angry about....
    Jean was put in limbo to leave way to the "new more edgy, more cool" Cyclop, and her fans had nothing for 14 years than teases, lookalike and remplacement....
    Now Jean is finally back, and some Cyclop fans are moaning it's unfair!!! when you get close of 14 years without real Cyclops back, you will have earn the right to say it's unfair...till then just try to be fair and understand it cannot alway be Cyclops show...

All-New Member

Here's my unpopular opinion: I think the way Cyclops's reaction to Jean Grey's return in the early issues of X-Factor was somewhat realistic. If you look at the history of Cyclops and Madelyne, he was always attracted to her in part because she reminded him of Jean (he even went so far as to ask her point blank of she was Jean/Phoenix reincarnated). That's not a strong foundation for a relationship, and, as much as I find pre-Goblin Queen Madelyne to be a likable character, this should have been a huge red flag for her. When Jean returns from the dead (something we don't really have an analogy for in the real world), Cyclops is understandably torn and behaves in a way that is not necessarily admirable, but does not, in my opinion, make him a monster. People cheat in marriages. People leave spouses and children. I also think that the Morrison era plot line of Cyclops's affair with Emma when he felt alienated from Jean reinforces this personality trait of his. The way Cyclops handled both of those affairs was far was, in my opinion, realistically and believably flawed and human.

X-23 is a useless character. Old Man Logan was a decent comic, which automatically became a terrible comic if you've watched Unforgiven.

Combining a crappy character with a shitty comic into a movie which didn't even have any of the "charms" of being in the Marvel Universe led to one tediously pretentious movie.

Oh and Emma Frost is more interesting to me than Jean Grey will ever be.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

I’d reboot Cable to be thematically like the T-1000. While Wolverine is Dept H’s mutant weapon from a human perspective, Cable is the next generation of mutant weapon from an informed mutant context. He’s cloned from Xavier, Magneto, and your basic Dept H healing factor genome.

That moves Cable away from all the Summers family crap, and into a more comfortable lineage of themes about mutant weaponry, evolution of science. It parallels the Terminator movies with Cable going back in time to arm the next generation of mutant heroes and shucks all that deep time travel Askani garbage that’s done no one any favors.

This edgelord dystopian reboot works even better when paired with irreverent Deadpool.

Honestly, I’d move the three major time travel characters, Rachel, Bishop and Cabke to be from the same dystopian future.
    Last edited by CRaymond; 02-11-2018 at 01:21 PM.

I think OML and Logan should fuse into one character. I think gray is a good color on him much like Steve.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

BANNED

What's with all the low-effort gifs and mockery in a thread that is expressly about giving opinions that are unpopular in a safe environment? You know coming into this thread that there will be stuff you won't like to see, right?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by passerby View Post
    What's with all the low-effort gifs and mockery in a thread that is expressly about giving opinions that are unpopular in a safe environment? You know coming into this thread that there will be stuff you won't like to see, right?
    You could also say that you know whatever you post won't be well received, since it is by definition unpopular and controversial. Just presenting the counter argument.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel22 View Post
    You could also say that you know whatever you post won't be well received, since it is by definition unpopular and controversial. Just presenting the counter argument.
    No. This is the premise of this thread by the thread starter:

Quote Originally Posted by NK1988 View Post
    So time to be unique snowflakes in a safe environment. No one agrees with the crowd 100% of the time. You probably like some character who isn't very popular or maybe you feel a sacred cow shouldn't be so sacred. Well, I'd be really interested in hearing from all of you on your views that might get challenged somewhere else, but can be expressed bluntly and fearlessly here.

Inspired by the Vulcan thread. I don't hate Vulcan and would like to see him return.
    If you disagree with the premise, then you don't have to read the comments and just move along.

And secondly, those low-effort gifs and one-line mockery posts aren't counter-arguments. They only attack the poster. I personally like to challenge others on their opinions on comics and characters, but I don't do it here, as the reason for this thread is for the expressing of unpopular opinions without being challenged.
    Last edited by passerby; 02-11-2018 at 03:14 PM.

BANNED

If you disagree with the premise, then you don't have to read the comments and just move along.

And secondly, those low-effort gifs and one-line mockery posts aren't counter-arguments. They only attack the poster. I personally like to challenge others on their opinions on comics and characters, but I don't do it here, as the reason for this thread is for the expressing of unpopular opinions without being challenged.
    I get tired of those gifs in ANY thread.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

I think if we can't disagree with people's opinions here then it is kind of boring though like each person just says something on its own in a vacuum with no way of knowing if anyone else even read what they typed in the first place

Obviously I agree we shouldn't be rude or mock people's views but I think it's ok to like... ask questions
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Mighty Member

We disagree on this, and it's off topic... I'd rather not derail the conversation.

I liked "Deadly Genesis". I'd like to see Vulcan back, too.