Page 377 of 656 FirstFirst ... 277327367373374375376377378379380381387427477 ... LastLast
Results 5,641 to 5,655 of 9840
    Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Wasn't there some rumor ages back about the X-Men all getting their own planet? Was that some scrapped idea, because IIRC it came alongside a bunch of actually legit rumors.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Wasn't there some rumor ages back about the X-Men all getting their own planet? Was that some scrapped idea, because IIRC it came alongside a bunch of actually legit rumors.
    That is the first I've heard of something like that. But with Amenth now in the picture, I could see them taking it over after clearing out the demons and fusing Krakoa to Arrako. What were the other rumors it was bundled with?

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Unpopular opinions huh ?Here goes nothing.
    I think x-men, x2:x-men united and the wolverine are really overrated movies.

X-Men:What a lackluster movie. Overly complicated plot which is full of plotholes. Terrible action. Absolutely terrible fight choreography. Not that deep as it thinks it is. Pretty mediocre overall.

X2:X-Men United:Massive improvement on the first. Better in everything. But again not as deep as it thinks it is. Solid movie ? Yes. But one of the best comic book movies ever made ? Not even close. Probably wouldn't even crack my top 20 list.

The Wolverine:Just plain boring. Remember how I said that the first two movies aren't as deep as they think they are ? Well at least they had some good ideas (which could have been better executed). This one tries to be deep and ends up being superdumb. They want me to see that wolverine is a tortured soul. All I see is an *******. (I have taken an oath never to kill again, but a dead bear is enough to break my oath-wolverine)

I also think that not every x-men needs to be an expert in h2h skills. Especially not Storm. She's already crazy powerful. As far as I can remember, there are only three characters that need to be martial arts/h2h experts:Cyclops, Magik and Psylocke.And maybe Nightcrawler. For other characters basic defense skills are enough.

I also don't think there should be any omega level mutant on team apart from Magneto and Professor X. It makes stories boring if the powers are used efficiently and creates plotholes otherwise(See:Storm in extraordinary x-men).

Now this is going like I hate Storm or something (fact:I don't) but a powerless Storm can never and more importantly should't be able to defeat Cyclops.

I think The Wolverine is worse than Origins:Wolverine.

I think it's pathetic excuse when fans say x-men movies are superior than mcu because they are deep.

It makes my skin crawl whenever Wolverine says "nobody knows you like I do" to whichever character. And also whenever he says 'Jeanie'.

I like Emma Frost more than Jean Grey. At least for now.
    LOL...so many of these opinions line up with mine. I love Storm, but I haven't been reading a lot of X-Men comics lately. I did check out Hickman's HoX & PoX, but wasn't really feeling the art teams with the re-launches, so I can't exactly comment on what the state of the X-characters are now.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I vaguely recall it had something to do with the mutants relocating to Mars. Which I'm thinking probably turned out to be related to that scene in HoX 01 with Armor planting a Krakoan gate on Mars.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

It was the idea when Rick Remender was supposed to take over the X-books after Secret Wars, so the X-men would escape the Terrigen gas- because it's a wonderful message to force the minority to flee the planet because someone else released a poison gas that murders them and doesn't want to remove it.

Also, the X-men are also now on the Moon and Mars, though we only have explored the former.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    It was the idea when Rick Remender was supposed to take over the X-books after Secret Wars, so the X-men would escape the Terrigen gas- because it's a wonderful message to force the minority to flee the planet because someone else released a poison gas that murders them and doesn't want to remove it.

Also, the X-men are also now on the Moon and Mars, though we only have explored the former.
    I'm pretty sure that Beast had a similar idea in-story. Gladly all of the X-Men ignored him.

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Sphere View Post
    That is the first I've heard of something like that. But with Amenth now in the picture, I could see them taking it over after clearing out the demons and fusing Krakoa to Arrako. What were the other rumors it was bundled with?
    The ones I remember were with Civil War 2. Where Ulysses was named Homer

BANNED

That was Remender's pitch that thank fucking God never panned out. The run would be about Fantomex trying to assemble a team or something and had stuff like turning Cyclops into a xenophobic maniac that went to war with the inhumans. Terrible stuff. The legit part was that people thought there was a Cyclops vs Inhumans conflict, the entire terrigen drama and I can't remember much else. The X-Men moving to a Jupiter moon was indeed Remender's idea. I think the Apocalypse storyline we got was also retooled from his ideas. Overall just the general outline of his terrible plotting remained.

BANNED

There'd be potential for story and relevancy in mutants having to become refugees.

Remender posted a bit from his story bible or whatever on Twitter not too long ago.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 10-24-2020 at 07:19 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    ...he says Scott was becoming emotionally remote because jean was becoming more godlike... Scott was remote because of what jean was doing... that does sound blaming jean...
    Like I said before Morrison has disowned this run and said most of the interviews like this was him trying to explain decisions that were not even his idea. The man was literally fired during a comic con panel. He would hate knowing you guys even still care about this run.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    That's so disappointing to hear. Morrison's run is my absolute favorite of any comic, ever. I hope we at least get to know what his actual plans were but what we did get is top-tier work. His Jean was amazing, he made her my favorite character.
    I look forward to the epic rants Hickman will give about his time at marvel in the years to come. He has already said many times he hasn’t been happy there since they made him cancel fantastic four. So I assume that in a story like dox with dozens of writers and editors all arguing all the time. He must be in hell right now. I have yet to read about a writer who looks back on their marvel work fondly. You should read about how mad Walt simmonson still is about his thor run lol

The idea of Krakoa being a mutant planet rather than just a country would be pretty interesting. Esp since the decision to go to Krakoa would mean very pognant if you literally were moving to another planet

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantor View Post
    I look forward to the epic rants Hickman will give about his time at marvel in the years to come. He has already said many times he hasn’t been happy there since they made him cancel fantastic four. So I assume that in a story like dox with dozens of writers and editors all arguing all the time. He must be in hell right now. I have yet to read about a writer who looks back on their marvel work fondly. You should read about how mad Walt simmonson still is about his thor run lol
    Hickman has more control than just about any writer I think of ever honestly, He is the first writer I have heard other writers on a line of books are coming to him for guidance on how book will be and he has some level control over stories from other writers. We won't be hearing stories like that about Hickman's run. He can do what he wants on these books.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantor View Post
    Hickman already left Marvel in 2016 and only came back to do X-Men.
    Hated.Feared.SavingThe World.Tell Me What's Changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue22 View Post
    Hickman already left Marvel in 2016 and only came back to do X-Men.
    Exactly and I'm sure he worked out certain things in the contract stage and that's why it took so long. Also unlike before when fox had the rights marvel has every once give to want the x-men to be as successful as possible. Hickman has basically been given control of the entire line and whatever books fall underneath that for x-men that hasn't been the case since ever. I'm sure he has sales check marks where they evaluate or contract options but other than that I'm sure he has free reign. He is onboarding talent by request
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/