Page 474 of 664 FirstFirst ... 374424464470471472473474475476477478484524574 ... LastLast
Results 7,096 to 7,110 of 9952

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    They didnt wanted Jean around because of Scott/Emma. The moment Scott and emma ended they brought Teen Jean and Adult jean was only ressurresct with Scott being dead.

I'm not seeing anything twisted. Jean case was the same from Byrne/Scarlet Witch: Byrne wrote the story that Bendis based on Wanda and screwed the character forever.
    Writers doing bad stories always have bad consequences, there is some fault to distibute on writers of origins and editors.

If Claremont was sour with Scott abandoning his son and Maddie, for me the tipping point was the cheating on Jean and choosing Emma.
    He always treated women badly, so he isn't the same hero for me. heroes doesn't have to be perfect but Cyclops committed too many mistakes including sacrificing his friends and using kids as soldiers
    No he hasn't.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    I dislike the fact that most of the time artists draw magneto like a fitness model. Despite the age resets dude's old with white hair and all. There is no reason for him to look like captain america. It's not like he gets in fistfights.

Magneto was reduced to infancy and then turned into a man on his 30īs during Claremontīs run so now he must be on his 40īs and heīs also used to do a lot of training with and without powers thatīs why heīs drawn that way but I agree a more definitive answer needs to be given, I have a couple of head canons, like his connection to earth keeps him virtually young as well as the fact he can turn into pure energy and back into a physical body like he did during "X-men:The end" and his clone Joseph did which would explain his many ressurections and how he survived Genosha but your guess is as good as mine

Also he definitely will get into fistfights and enjoy them, heīs just doesnīt do them like when he was young
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 04-06-2021 at 10:42 AM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    A mutant's power is their muscle. He burns alot of energy using it so it would make sense that he and most mutants would have a high metabolism and for the most part fit bodies especially if its used often and at the high levels that he does
    Fit bodies doesnt mean super muscley. He should be a well defined body but not bulky, something like Fassbender's body
    Last edited by Rang10; 04-06-2021 at 10:52 AM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

He always treated women badly, so he isn't the same hero for me. heroes doesn't have to be perfect but Cyclops committed too many mistakes including sacrificing his friends and using kids as soldiers
    "Always"? Definitely not before Maddie.

Even the Maddie thing is a clusterf*** of a writing situation from multiple writers and editors that any immersion is ruined, and I can't blame the character for the screw ups of all the creatives involved (including and, perhaps, especially Claremont).

He did really poorly by Jean in Morrison's run, but it's not like he was a casual one note ******* about it either.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    There are some aspects of his run I enjoy, I liked his take on Jean/Phoenix, Sage, Bishop and Emma but the affair was not one of them and yes Whedon actually made me enjoy Schema as itīs own thing.

Agreed about Jean and Maddie, he even ended on very bad terms with Emma, it wasnīt all the phoenix fault, their relationship became toxic and they were both at fault.

But I disagree about him turning kids into soldiers, most of the time he used grown up X-men for the missions while the younger generation was expected to know how to defend themselves but not have dangerous missions on their own, it was more a case of the context being dangerous for everyone including them, especially on Utopia, this is why I disagree with the Schism argument between Logan and Scott because Logan certainly didnīt send Rahne on her way on the X-force books. If marvel wanted to make a Schism story anyway Storm or Kurt or Kitty made more sense as Scottīs ideological opposition than Logan given the number of secrets they shared at the time.
    He put Laura and other kids on X-force and was ready to sacrifice the if it was needed. logn was trying to not break these kids, Scott was willing to break them just like Charles was willing to break him. in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    No he hasn't.
    Maddie and Jean tell a different story

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I think that would put Logan and Scott on equal responsibility given they both knew and accepted the existence of X-force as well as the members and also because Laura is supposed to be Loganīs daughter. Logan is an adult and he was in charge of X-force, if he really disagreed with some of the members he could have excepted them or just turn them back from missions.

I would not say that Xavier broke him but he definitely put him on a place he should not have been given his age.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    I dislike the fact that most of the time artists draw magneto like a fitness model. Despite the age resets dude's old with white hair and all. There is no reason for him to look like captain america. It's not like he gets in fistfights.
    In an issue of X-Men Unlimited, the Mussad was explaining that his physical mutation manifests as vastly increased density of mitochondria throughout his body. With more metabolic energy at hand, it does stand to reason that his musculature and overall physiology would be optimized.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Opinion: SWORD is extremely overrated. I mean, it's entertaining and I like the art but it's not this amazing new concept that some of the posters here make it out to be.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Clearly some of us aren't familiar with Instagram and Twitter and the whole Dad-fetish craze.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

He put Laura and other kids on X-force and was ready to sacrifice the if it was needed. logn was trying to not break these kids, Scott was willing to break them just like Charles was willing to break him. in the past.

Maddie and Jean tell a different story
    Warren is the one that brought Elixir into X-Force, not Scott. Logan is also the one that decided to keep him around and bring him on missions

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    We already saw that done better in the ResurrXion era and it was done without regressing and severely downplaying her abilities. The PF was removed from her in a controversial way but the line used that to develop Jean as a character and push her forward in a strong leading role that highlighted her strengths in spite of that. The current era has done none of that for Jean. She lost the PF AND most of the awesome development she got without it during Red and as a Teen. She's lacked an identity outside of being a mother, wife and Logan's concubine. Her new role as co-lead of the X-men is hopeful in terms of changing that but we cant safely say that yet

I respect your opinion but Hickman's Cyclops is boring. He uses him alot but does nothing interesting with him. As terrible as the Rosenberg run was, I felt his Cyclops nat least had more personality as the desperation and depression really informed his actions. Hickman's Scott is just bland and the only thing that stands out about him is that he's a dad
    1. Hickman is still telling his story though. Jean has seen nothing but fighting and death, yet now he is allowing her to enjoy elements of life she rarely got to due to being dead: being a wife, a mother, and a defender of mutantkind. One of my favorite moments was seeing her having family time with Rachel and Cable. No drama, no constant need to fight threats looking to destroy them but just enjoying these simple things she so rightfully deserves considering how much she has lost. Powerwise, I think losing the Phoenix was great for her because now it allows for her to find an identity beyond that entity. Its starting anew without all the baggage.

2. I will take boring cyclops any day over magneto bowing to him as if he is a god. Hickman has made these characters likeable maybe because they seem human. cyclops enjoying a cold cut sandwich was so nice to see. he isn't trying to burden himself with shouldering the entire troubles of mutantkind. he is a leader and a fighter but its a healthy mix of him just enjoying life which is nice to see.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Clearly some of us aren't familiar with Instagram and Twitter and the whole Dad-fetish craze.
    Magneto never struck me as the daddy type. He's way too devoted to his cause to make time for such things.

Funny enough we saw Jean fight and dies on Hickman's run. She is underdevelopped and regressed as character

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Funny enough we saw Jean fight and dies on Hickman's run. She is underdevelopped and regressed as character
    she definitely has regressed but I think he is trying to start her from a clean slate without the baggage of phoenix.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    she definitely has regressed but I think he is trying to start her from a clean slate without the baggage of phoenix.
    She is without Phoenix baggage since her Ressurrection