Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default Fall of the House of X #4 - Review/Spoilers

This issue was crazy. Xavier's actions are kinda really off the wall and I don't know how I feel about them.

We open with the preview pages, Apocalypse going to town on some Stark Sentinels while calling out the Quiet Council. He feels they abandoned Krakoa and let it starve. Krakoa is in bad shape and is dying, having been tortured by the Sentinels. -[A]- cuts his own forearm so Krakoa can drink his blood.

Up on the moon Nimrod teleports away after tossing Cyclops around. Magik appears and Cyclops tells her it's a trap because Nimrod could have and should have killed him. Magik is like I know but I'm still getting you out of here. They teleport away just in time before a bomb goes off that would have killed Cyclops and anyone who tried to rescue him. Nimrod is slightly annoyed but is more interested in watching the approaching Sentinel City. Omega Sentinel then calls him, asking him to return to earth because Xavier is with her and he has an offer for Nimrod.

This is... crazy. I dunno. He was ready to kill child Moira thus destroying Krakoa and now he wants to save Krakoa while allowing humanity to perish.

-[A]- is holding a direly weak Krakoa and announces to all nearby mutants that for Krakoa to bloom again it must be nourished right away. He asks who is with him. Sunfire orders all flyers to the air to keep Orchis from interfering. -[A]- essentially starts up a crucible 2.0 where the blood shed by volunteers that battle -[A]- will nourish Krakoa. An Arakkii steps up and is killed, his blood absorbed by Krakoa who starts showing a few blooms.

The mutants are hesitant to step up but then Wrongslide does. He says though he hasn't lived long he is mutant energy, perhaps enough to save Krakoa by himself so no one else has to die. It's very brave. Suddenly the sky becomes very bright but [A]- says what's happening up there is not their fight. Wrongslide and -[A]- start battling.

Above earth on one of the SWORD stations the various resistance X-Men are meeting. Emma is listening to NASA administrators who report that a huge structure is focusing the sun's rays on earth. This is Sentinel City. She also learns that the US military is scrambling a Space Force frigate to counter it.

Emma suddenly and shockingly reports to Cyclops and the team that the remaining humans on Orchis have just put up the red triangle psychic defense. Cyclops knows right away that Xavier must be helping them and sure enough Xavier reaches out to Scott telepathically to talk. They argue as Xavier telepathically controls one of the Space Force operators on the ship heading to Sentinel City, making him detonate the warhead on the ship, destroying the ship and the soldiers onboard!

Cyclops says they must go to Sentinel City, Eden to teleport them there. But he says Emma must stay behind to face Xavier if the X-Men die. She's resistant but understands, saying they must return, they can't lose anymore mutants.

Wrongslide has been beaten and -[A]- praises him for fighting well. As -[A]- takes hold of his head tears run down Wrongslide's face. He has one last wish which -[A]- allows him to share.

Wrongslide: If you see Santo... if you see Rockslide again... tell him... for me...

Manifold teleporting the station directly into Sentinel City stopped the blast and now the X-Men are fighting Nimrod and Omega Sentinel. It doesn't take long for Nimrod to knock out Colossus, Rogue, Gambit, and Cyclops. As Nimrod is talking and talking (he's in soliloquy mode), Omega Sentinel says they have a couple of problems. Nightcrawler is aboard Sentinel City sabotaging repair efforts (I love the idea of Kurt bamf'ing around screwing things up for them) and a powerful storm is heading their way. Nimrod says, "well we are near this system's sun" but Omega says the storm is not coming from the sun.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Let's go!!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post

Let's go!!
    So Xavier is the X-traitor.

Finally something good coming from this limited series. We finally got rid of Wrongslide, one of the most boring and one dimensional characters ever created.

Fantastic Member

Holy crap.

Damn Wrongslide *very sad*
    "She never loved you, you know you always frightened her"- Cyclops
    "And if she was here right now....Who do you think she would be more frightened of?"- Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Finally something good coming from this limited series. We finally got rid of Wrongslide, one of the most boring and one dimensional characters ever created.
    Nah Wrongslide was sweet. The heart to heart he had with Sunspot in X-Men Red was really touching imo. But I do hope this paves the way for Santo's return.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    So Xavier is the X-traitor.
    Not the first time. Cyclops should kill him once more.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Loved the last page of Storm flying through space and creating a storm in space. It makes sense that she can wrap herself in oxygen and a mini-atmosphere. She did something similar, but on a smaller scale, when she was the voice of sol. I think she flew from the space station to the planet.

Xavier being the traitor again? groan. And killing humans as part of his deal? I actually like Xavier as an idealist and a dreamer. I prefer him (and Beast lol) to be good guys even if flawed, but not outright villains. Maybe he will double cross Orchis?

Apocalypse and the blood bath was just gross. Krakoa is also gross.

Krakoa:
    petra04.jpg

Keep them as villains.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

I really, really, REALLY hope there is a swerve with Xavier. He didn't need to get the Beast treatment. Plus, the plan is just downright dumb. Why he offered and the machines accepted it is nonsensical unless betrayal is in the cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    I really, really, REALLY hope there is a swerve with Xavier. He didn't need to get the Beast treatment. Plus, the plan is just downright dumb. Why he offered and the machines accepted it is nonsensical unless betrayal is in the cards.
    And essentially giving Nimrod his blessing to kill whichever mutants oppose Orchis, which he knows the X-Men will.

The Santo shout out was the best scene in this issue for me.

If I’m being honest, any comic where Cyclops gets to tell off Charles Xavier is a winner in my book.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

this is so whack, I mean what else can I say?
    Last edited by Wolverine12; 04-17-2024 at 01:29 PM. Reason: Went a little too far