Page 47 of 657 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797147547 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    I don't get it. They are just fictional characters. I wouldn't get emotionally wound up over fictional characters.
    The only love triangles that I would be upset about are those in my personal life.
    Yeah, it's weird, but I've seen it happen. Then again, if fiction doesn't make you feel something, it's not doing its job.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    That too. But the characters themselves suffer. The fulcrum looks like an indecisive a-hole, who keeps playing with the two branch's feelings. The two look like they have no self respect to move on. And in the end someone gets screwed over. No one looks good in this.
    Also, very true. I don't think I've ever seen a love triangle that worked. Certainly not in serial fiction.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Very unpopular opinion since quite a lot of x-men fans hate Eva's character for this but As far as I'm concerned it was either Matthew had to die or you risk the consequences of him committing mass murder which he was quite close to shortly before Eva decided to go back in time to prevent Matthews birth from ever happening.

Personally I think Eva's actions in preventing Matthews birth from ever happening was justified.

But I think bendis intentionally structured his story in such a way to argue that Matthew was simply too dangerous to be kept alive and that it was ultimately really a us or him situation we either take our chances trying to save him in doing so putting all of our lives at risk and possibly the world or we kill him, in this case Eva went back in time to prevent Matthews birth but the point remains the same.

All in all I don't hate Eva for the decision she made its such a shame other fans do though.
    Last edited by Ianbarreilles; 09-06-2017 at 12:52 AM.

BANNED

Say what you want about Chuck Austen, but Squid-Boy(Sammy Paré) was cool. He didn't need Xavier or the X-Men to guide him. He knew what was right.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    Very unpopular opinion since quite a lot of x-men fans hate Eva's character for this but As far as I'm concerned it was either Matthew had to die or you risk the consequences of him committing mass murder which he was quite close to shortly before Eva decided to go back in time to prevent Matthews birth from ever happening.

Personally I think Eva's actions in preventing Matthews birth from ever happening was justified.

But I think bendis intentionally structured his story in such a way to argue that Matthew was simply too dangerous to be kept alive and that it was ultimately really a us or him situation we either take our chances trying to save him in doing so putting all of our lives at risk and possibly the world or we kill him, in this case Eva went back in time to prevent Matthews birth but the point remains the same.

All in all I don't hate Eva for the decision she made its such a shame other fans do though.
    She should've joined Remender's X-Force.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Well, Eva only had to do that, because Maria Hill kept sticking her nose on the whole thing.

I think I like Rogue being an Avenger better than being an X-Man. Unpopular opinion?

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    I think I like Rogue being an Avenger better than being an X-Man. Unpopular opinion?
    Yes it is unpopular. Why do you feel that way
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I hate spin-offs. Really, REALLY hate them. Don't get me wrong, I have enjoyed many of them throughout the years, and I do enjoy seeing less popular characters fleshed out, but I also like the idea of a singular (or at least limited to very few writers) vision of the X-universe rather than having a multitude of books mostly ignoring each other, mostly inconsequential, mostly lasting 10 issues or so.

I guess my opinion is unpopular as I see a lot of fans rejoicing whenever a new satellite book is announced, and again understandably so as it might spotlight their favorite characters who wouldn't otherwise get any love anywhere else. But personally I fail to see the point of having stuff happen to character X, see that series cancelled, and then ignore everything about it next time character X appears in another book. It's something extremely frustrating and takes away a lot of my enjoyment of the books when characters are treated like Heroclix figurines to be moved here and there rather than "real" characters living between the pages.

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    I hate spin-offs. Really, REALLY hate them. Don't get me wrong, I have enjoyed many of them throughout the years, and I do enjoy seeing less popular characters fleshed out, but I also like the idea of a singular (or at least limited to very few writers) vision of the X-universe rather than having a multitude of books mostly ignoring each other, mostly inconsequential, mostly lasting 10 issues or so.

I guess my opinion is unpopular as I see a lot of fans rejoicing whenever a new satellite book is announced, and again understandably so as it might spotlight their favorite characters who wouldn't otherwise get any love anywhere else. But personally I fail to see the point of having stuff happen to character X, see that series cancelled, and then ignore everything about it next time character X appears in another book. It's something extremely frustrating and takes away a lot of my enjoyment of the books when characters are treated like Heroclix figurines to be moved here and there rather than "real" characters living between the pages.
    It's kind of impossible to have only one or two books right now. Both on a literal and figurative sense. What I miss though, is when the franchise felt like it was on the same direction. I know most people hate Bendis run, and it was really a disappointment by the end of it, but even if there was like 4 different "X-Men" books, they all really felt like parts of the same thing. These days, Jean and Xavier come back from the dead and this doesn't even affect the rest of the line.

THE NEW X-MEN SQUAD 924COLLECTIVE's Avatar

The Eva arc was one of the more interesting plots in recent history. I pretty much fell off the wagon after it ended.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post

I don't think anyone disagrees with you the problem is the forgetting what happened, or any kind of overarching creative vision to affect and bring it all together somehow narratively. I think having multiple books/teams is extremely good and almost helps define the grand mythos of X-Men/mutants. Besides which, a lot of "Spin offs" end up becoming MORE popular/lasting LONGER than the main ones. Happens a lot
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Well yeah. She's her own character on a different journey. She's not GOING to embody the same archetypes that Logan did.

Honestly, this is precisely why comics fans are impossible to please.

On one hand, they complain about Legacy Characters losing their own identities when they take on a famous mantle (whether it's Dick as Batman, Laura as Wolverine, whatever). Then they turn around and complain when the Legacy Character tries to make the mantle their own rather than be who their predecessor made them.
    I wonder what these complainers have to say about Terry McGinnis? But I found one guy who hated Laura because he thought she was just a cheap copy of Wolverine and he never saw her as anything else but one even though I told him Yost and Kyle never wanted her to be the new Wolverine. He even said on his blog that she's just a test tube baby who never went through any of Logan's trauma who's was just there, you there's nothing special about her. But just to be clear it's not my opinion it's Mr. Shawn James a guy after feeling let down by Marvel and DC claimed to have moved on but he keeps commenting about them. Here's the link to his thoughts but it's solely about Marvel's new diverse replacements: http://shawnsjames.blogspot.my/2017/...sity-gone.html
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 02-10-2018 at 03:55 AM.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Old Man Logan is better than Wolverine in my opinion.

BANNED

Time travel / Alt universe stuff is far too often just a lazy way of creating "new" characters that use the aesthetics of existing popular characters. I hate it. "What if so and so had a offspring? What if Kurt and Bobby were edgy characters? What if there were conveniently unlimited versions of characters in case we wanted to give an iconic look a personality swap?" Total garbage.

Same thing with legacy characters.

Jott is garbage and it was never about the characters' personalities. "She died and then he cried about it" isn't romantic. No matter how many times they repeat it. "Remember that time she died but he was still psychically linked to her?"
    Trash.

The X-Men and their concepts should be separate from the Avengers in an entirely different line of comics. The existence of infinite other ways to become super is detrimental to the main theme of humans fearing replacement by more evolved humans.

X-Men is generally at its worst when it isn't focused on the women. I don't even find the dudes all that compelling on their own, now that I think about it. For instance, Cable is a neat concept that I am aware of, but put him at the center of things without Hope (his best reason for existing) and I don't care.

Villanizing Xavier is super-lazy, super-edgy nonsense. Oh look. You deconstructed the X-Men's patron saint. Aren't you clever.