Page 324 of 656 FirstFirst ... 224274314320321322323324325326327328334374424 ... LastLast
Results 4,846 to 4,860 of 9840
    Ultimate Member

Random conspiracy theory;

X-Men who die and are resurrected come back with a subtly different personality, more 'cooperative' to the Krakoan agenda, but otherwise the same basic person. As a result of this, people who are traditionally unable to 'play well with others' (Hi, Quentin, why yes, I was talking about you!) seem to 'coincidentally' get killed more often than normal, as they take a few extra tries to re-format their brains into something more with the program... (Or his own innate telepathic gifts keep undoing the 'fix' and resetting him to 'rabble-rouser what stirs **** up').

Some people have a bad feeling, even if they don't necessarily know the gory details (Beast, Sage), and are quite careful about making sure they don't die, avoiding missions and risk like the plague.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post

X-Men who die and are resurrected come back with a subtly different personality, more 'cooperative' to the Krakoan agenda, but otherwise the same basic person. As a result of this, people who are traditionally unable to 'play well with others' (Hi, Quentin, why yes, I was talking about you!) seem to 'coincidentally' get killed more often than normal, as they take a few extra tries to re-format their brains into something more with the program... (Or his own innate telepathic gifts keep undoing the 'fix' and resetting him to 'rabble-rouser what stirs **** up').

Some people have a bad feeling, even if they don't necessarily know the gory details (Beast, Sage), and are quite careful about making sure they don't die, avoiding missions and risk like the plague.
    There’s something up, just not sure what it is.
    I have a feeling that if I could figure out why Warren and Husk were on the suicide mission, it might give us a clue. I mean, much as I love him, how useful is someone who can fly on a space station?
    I am hoping Hickman is a good enough writer that he’ll give us clues, I hate mysteries where you can’t solve it because you’re missing an important piece of the puzzle and the author never give you the chance to guess.

Astonishing Member

I wonder if mutants actualy have the right to be excluded from being brought back via the replication process and have their cerebro backup deleted? Or if Xavier and co. see is it as mandatory law for all mutants to be alive, what ever they like it or not?

Normaly there should at least be some who would disagree with being brought back. For example because of personal, religious, philosophical or moral reasons.
    Not everyone likes the idea of living forever (see various stories about that subject) or being brought back to life against their will.
    Others might see life in general as much more worth living when it can end any time.

There is also the question if everyone who is brought back would be happy about it?
    For reasons like those mentioned above, it would be likely that at least some who come back would be quite upset with being told some random mutant leader decided they should be replicated and life again, despite never having been asked for their permission

Hence it would good to know if mutants can demand that at least their second life would be allowed to end when it does.

It would also be interesting to have some characters around who decided to be excluded from the process and therefor stay dead if they die (at least for the duration of Dawn of X).

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Unpopular opinions huh ?Here goes nothing.
    I think x-men, x2:x-men united and the wolverine are really overrated movies.

X-Men:What a lackluster movie. Overly complicated plot which is full of plotholes. Terrible action. Absolutely terrible fight choreography. Not that deep as it thinks it is. Pretty mediocre overall.

X2:X-Men United:Massive improvement on the first. Better in everything. But again not as deep as it thinks it is. Solid movie ? Yes. But one of the best comic book movies ever made ? Not even close. Probably wouldn't even crack my top 20 list.

The Wolverine:Just plain boring. Remember how I said that the first two movies aren't as deep as they think they are ? Well at least they had some good ideas (which could have been better executed). This one tries to be deep and ends up being superdumb. They want me to see that wolverine is a tortured soul. All I see is an *******. (I have taken an oath never to kill again, but a dead bear is enough to break my oath-wolverine)

I also think that not every x-men needs to be an expert in h2h skills. Especially not Storm. She's already crazy powerful. As far as I can remember, there are only three characters that need to be martial arts/h2h experts:Cyclops, Magik and Psylocke.And maybe Nightcrawler. For other characters basic defense skills are enough.

I also don't think there should be any omega level mutant on team apart from Magneto and Professor X. It makes stories boring if the powers are used efficiently and creates plotholes otherwise(See:Storm in extraordinary x-men).

Now this is going like I hate Storm or something (fact:I don't) but a powerless Storm can never and more importantly should't be able to defeat Cyclops.

I think The Wolverine is worse than Origins:Wolverine.

I think it's pathetic excuse when fans say x-men movies are superior than mcu because they are deep.

It makes my skin crawl whenever Wolverine says "nobody knows you like I do" to whichever character. And also whenever he says 'Jeanie'.

I like Emma Frost more than Jean Grey. At least for now.
    I could never understand this. And sometimes wonder if they ever read the comics. Current comics are a bit meh now, I admit but I surely dont think they are more deep despite that.

Probably not much of a controversial opinion, but Danger really needs to pick a new name for herself, because as a search term/tag it's as useful as one might expect.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    There is also the question if everyone who is brought back would be happy about it?
    Hence my kinda wanting to see how Jay Guthrie, who hated being a mutant so much he hacked off his own wings, betrayed a bunch of his classmates to a mutant-killing murdercult, and joined said mutant-killing murdercult, is taking being resurrected, and sat ringside to watch his little sister Melody literally *die* because she wanted to be a mutant again.

There's some serious family drama going on there, and we aren't really getting to see it.

If his brain is a direct copy of his pre-death personality, he *should* still hate being a mutant. And while it's easy to point fingers at him and say 'self-loathing nutjob,' Melody's choices are also pretty extreme.

Plus how is Wallflower, who got shot & killed by his Church buddies after he gave them info on the school, or Elixir, whose arms she died in, going to interact with him these days? We know, since he's alive, that Elixir has had *some* interaction with him, since he restored him to life, but that must have been an awkward moment. Did the others (or the Guthrie mom, Lucinda) have to talk him into it?

Jay's kind of a crazy security risk, having betrayed the last group of mutants he was allowed to live with, so there's practical reasons not to bring him to Krakoa, as well as ethical ones (hates to be a mutant), and deeply personal ones (at least a dozen current residents should utterly despise him).

It's definitely a story, and one that might have to be avoided for now, as long as the editors want to keep some suspense over whether or not people are acting out of character, since Jay mysteriously *not* hating being a mutant anymore, and Elixir, Wallflower, all the bus kids, etc. *not* holding a grudge anymore, would seem clear indications that something is hinky.

BANNED

Hence my kinda wanting to see how Jay Guthrie, who hated being a mutant so much he hacked off his own wings, betrayed a bunch of his classmates to a mutant-killing murdercult, and joined said mutant-killing murdercult, is taking being resurrected, and sat ringside to watch his little sister Melody literally *die* because she wanted to be a mutant again.

There's some serious family drama going on there, and we aren't really getting to see it.

If his brain is a direct copy of his pre-death personality, he *should* still hate being a mutant. And while it's easy to point fingers at him and say 'self-loathing nutjob,' Melody's choices are also pretty extreme.

Plus how is Wallflower, who got shot & killed by his Church buddies after he gave them info on the school, or Elixir, whose arms she died in, going to interact with him these days? We know, since he's alive, that Elixir has had *some* interaction with him, since he restored him to life, but that must have been an awkward moment. Did the others (or the Guthrie mom, Lucinda) have to talk him into it?

Jay's kind of a crazy security risk, having betrayed the last group of mutants he was allowed to live with, so there's practical reasons not to bring him to Krakoa, as well as ethical ones (hates to be a mutant), and deeply personal ones (at least a dozen current residents should utterly despise him).

It's definitely a story, and one that might have to be avoided for now, as long as the editors want to keep some suspense over whether or not people are acting out of character, since Jay mysteriously *not* hating being a mutant anymore, and Elixir, Wallflower, all the bus kids, etc. *not* holding a grudge anymore, would seem clear indications that something is hinky.
    This is a big reason why I HATE the resurrections. It's bad enough that it trivializes everything the NXM suffered. But because they almost never get any sort of attention and focus, all these resurrections are going on in the background and we're NOT getting to see the implications and fallout. IE what if Wither is revived? How does Elixir handle that? Will Kevin remember that Josh killed him? Who knows? Because Marvel won't show us.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    This is a big reason why I HATE the resurrections. It's bad enough that it trivializes everything the NXM suffered. But because they almost never get any sort of attention and focus, all these resurrections are going on in the background and we're NOT getting to see the implications and fallout. IE what if Wither is revived? How does Elixir handle that? Will Kevin remember that Josh killed him? Who knows? Because Marvel won't show us.
    They need to ressurrect the dozens of mutants offed in X-Statix. seriously, the body count was so high you'd get surprised more when people lived.

madelyne is a vilian who get usede way to mucht

Rachel Leighton, Diamondback, should be made a mutant. She should discover a mutant power and then join the X-Men. She already has Domino as a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Rachel Leighton, Diamondback, should be made a mutant. She should discover a mutant power and then join the X-Men. She already has Domino as a friend.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Rache...on_(Earth-616) yeah she's a low-tier meta with little in the way of powers at all.

I miss her: https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Rache...MD)_(Earth-616)

She was a neat character.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Rache...on_(Earth-616) yeah she's a low-tier meta with little in the way of powers at all.

I miss her: https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Rache...MD)_(Earth-616)

She was a neat character.
    Isn't she a super soldier??

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Isn't she a super soldier??
    Not exactly. Someone took a sample of Cap's blood and transfused her with it. It went..,. badly. It's not clear if she has any powers at all now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I can understand feeling this way. I never got into the new x-men kids, but dang did they put them through the wringer over and over. So many of them ended up dead and it just seemed like overkill. I recall how shocked I was at the school bus bombing.

I like the resurrection process because it is sci-fi and interesting but also because they killed too many characters. It is a creative way to bring all of our favs back but you are right they don't have the room to give it the attention the rebirths deserve. A lot of us wanted to see more with Skin and Synch. At least we had a really good issue/story with Melody Guthrie.

It also would have been nice to see Emma reunite with her original Hellions. Their death impacted her greatly and now they are restored. There is a lot that has been skipped over, but at the end of the day I'm glad they are bringing everyone (or nearly everyone) back.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Not exactly. Someone took a sample of Cap's blood and transfused her with it. It went..,. badly. It's not clear if she has any powers at all now.
    that is what I was remembering...she got a transfusion of Cap's blood after the Streets of Poison storyline. But I also see sources saying Superia gave her a dose.