Page 342 of 657 FirstFirst ... 242292332338339340341342343344345346352392442 ... LastLast
Results 5,116 to 5,130 of 9845

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    What Beast et al have up to in X-Force is beyond reprehensible. Krakoa is doomed.
    Krakoa is doomed… if the author is the moral type. A sort of divine punishment for the ones who feel beyond good and evil, who think that they have no limits and that their kind is more important than any kind.

For the story to be moral, someone has to play the role of moral compass, someone saying that they go too far… otherwise, Krakoa will be gone just by accident and it would have no meaning at all.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Fantomex is corny. He's like a fanfic OC. "Guy who's french but actually british is also a time travelling assassin". Edgelord.

What Beast et al have up to in X-Force is beyond reprehensible. Krakoa is doomed.
    They're acting as a political entity, very few of them have flourished without getting their hands dirty. My issue is how other countries in the Marvel Universe haven't called out Krakoa for destroying other countries sovereignty and acting as a aggressor yet.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    They're acting as a political entity, very few of them have flourished without getting their hands dirty. My issue is how other countries in the Marvel Universe haven't called out Krakoa for destroying other countries sovereignty and acting as a aggressor yet.
    This is true but rarely are there not any consequences for nations, especially emerging ones like Krakoa, to commit atrocities or acts of aggression without suffering some blowback (self-inflicted or otherwise). It's not unreasonable to think that some of Beast's actions are going to come back to bite him and his people in the future. Though saying Krakoa is doomed is a bit hyperbolic, some travesty is likely on the horizon. And most nations probably don't care like in the real world when stuff like this happens.

Wakanda, Latveria, Atlantis, and Attilan probably are going to stay uninvolved in a Krakoan genocide of Terra Verde because getting into a conflict with the island is too much trouble. The other great powers like America, the EU, China, etc. are probably increasingly beholden to mutant business interests and care even less about a genocide in some random South American nation. Calling out Krakoa isn't worth the potential economic and political hits Xavier and the Quiet Council can give them, so they stay silent.

Jean and Cyclops are a horrible couple. Their throuple is just another way Scott is trying to spice up their dead relationship.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

I reaaaallly don't get the hang ups on sexual identity when it comes to the X-men. When you are on missions for weeks at a time with men and women who look like sharks, have phermone powers, look like demons, have super human charisma, etc. etc. etc. i really just don't see the big deal at all. in my mind all mutants have prob had sex with each other or will.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I could see a reboot of Cable being a clone of several mutants or the future descendant of several bloodlines from Krakoa, including the telekinesis/telepathy of Jean, healing of Wolverine, white hair of Magneto, teleportation powers of Nightcrawler...etc

Why when a human kills a thousand mutants it is "Well, NOT ALL HUMANS ARE LIKE THIS" but as soon as a mutant does something bad to a human it is all "God, mutants are all evil, Krakoa is evil".

Are all the superheroes and inhabitants of the United States evil every time their government has a president war criminal? (AKA always).

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Why when a human kills a thousand mutants it is "Well, NOT ALL HUMANS ARE LIKE THIS" but as soon as a mutant does something bad to a human it is all "God, mutants are all evil, Krakoa is evil".

Are all the superheroes and inhabitants of the United States evil every time their government has a president war criminal? (AKA always).

They're criticizing the x force not the entire mutant population. Krakoa's gonna colonize and genocide it's way into a major war with their current leadership.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I would give Kate’s “bi-ness” more of a chance since it’s still barely confirmed and no one has done a storyline about it yet. For Bobby, I think writers have yet to find a balance between what made Bobby engaging before and storylines about his sexuality.
    In-story how they're presented in Marauders, it's just ...okies. And it could lead to interesting stories down the line but personally, I've read and seen really good to exceptional gay representation elsewhere to be losing my **** over just a kiss. That's not to take away from anyone else's joy...I'm invested in these characters far beyond their sexuality...and that goes for all the X-characters.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member

Fantomex is corny. He's like a fanfic OC. "Guy who's french but actually british is also a time travelling assassin". Edgelord.
    I think that is just the description in his character bible.

Ultimate Member

Just another of those Morrison Mad Libs characters. I'm cool because my [nervous system] is a [UFO]! I'm cool because my [brain] is a [black hole]! I'm cool because my [spleen] is a [giant transforming robot]! (I may have made one of those up...)

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Jean and Cyclops are a horrible couple. Their throuple is just another way Scott is trying to spice up their dead relationship.
    What makes it seem like his idea and his alone? This seems to be a prevailing view, so I'm a bit curious.

Well, considering all the attacks in X-force, it doesn't seem to be rather successful. I'm curious as to x-force post XoS event. At the very least Beast should be punished. I was hoping for more morally grey situations. It feels rather one sided as of now.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 09-12-2020 at 11:44 PM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post

Beast is a member of the X-men not some mutant.

Apparently it doesn’t mean anything anymore. It’s just decorum, few “X” on costumes…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Beast is a member of the X-men not some mutant.

Apparently it doesn’t mean anything anymore. It’s just decorum, few “X” on costumes…
    And he is being rejected and vilified by the other X-men for his actions.

So.