Page 360 of 664 FirstFirst ... 260310350356357358359360361362363364370410460 ... LastLast
Results 5,386 to 5,400 of 9959
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Xavier is definitely planting subliminals in people...
    Like what exactly?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    The prolonged, casual use and abuse of telepathy needs to be addressed; while it makes a little more sense for certain characters to abuse their power, this isn't even simply about "good guys" doing the same. There should be more than just a slap on the wrist or outright ignoring of even casual abuses, and I don't know why there isn't an anti-telepath faction.
    That would be too interesting and too easily shut down as "anti-mutant haters" even if it's a valid point.

Xavier isn't implanting anything in people, but Krakoa is knowingly feeding off of psychic energy to sate itself and hasn't really been addressed properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Anchorsify View Post
    That would be too interesting and too easily shut down as "anti-mutant haters" even if it's a valid point.

Xavier isn't implanting anything in people, but Krakoa is knowingly feeding off of psychic energy to sate itself and hasn't really been addressed properly.
    Thanks, the only thing that irks me more is the lack of nuance regarding these topics. You're probably right that it would be shut down that way, which is unfortunate because it cuts away a new narrative pathway.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    I love reading a comic and not just looking at it. And I love being with at least a character and sharing his emotions and thoughts and not being just an outsider. But this character must be a decent person.

For me, a comic author is a storyteller.

But then I grew up with Claremont…
    I agree. I think both are story tellers but i should be able to formulate an image of exactly what should be seen if i was being handed the script to read. It also makes the artist job easier and is just all around more compelling.

I know i see the dusky sky but i want to read im looking at the dusky sky and then look at it, and then imagine what it looks like just based on the description. Claremont was a legend of caption.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

They should have made Hellion the omega level telekinetic...
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Not really unpopular or even really controversial but (carrying over from another thread) it is a bit weird how some of the X-Books give the vibe that the mutants and humans are no longer even friends, even ones who've known each other for ages, but the non X-books don't.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Yeah it is a bit odd that it seems the books that actually remember that the X-Men, you know, have human friends/are friends with non-mutant heroes are the non-X books like Immortal She-Hulk

Attachment 101321

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I agree. I think both are story tellers but i should be able to formulate an image of exactly what should be seen if i was being handed the script to read. It also makes the artist job easier and is just all around more compelling.

I know i see the dusky sky but i want to read im looking at the dusky sky and then look at it, and then imagine what it looks like just based on the description. Claremont was a legend of caption.
    I suppose it adds something to the reading of the comic that we, the readers, don’t rely completely on the pictures.
    The use of words help us to read with our imagination: even if a dusky sky that is represented isn’t that impressing, a talented writer gives us the impression that it is. It works on several levels.

But also, there’s the flow of words that has a lullaby quality. Making a comic is something mostly human. Another human has prepared for us a story and we are listening to this person.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Extraordinary Member

Not really unpopular or even really controversial but (carrying over from another thread) it is a bit weird how some of the X-Books give the vibe that the mutants and humans are no longer even friends, even ones who've known each other for ages, but the non X-books don't.
    It seems integration is no longer valid.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I just wish it were consistent. If the idea is that mutants no longer consider humans friends and it applied to everyone (as much as I'd dislike how very OOC it'd be) it'd make more sense than them being friends in the other books and enemies in the X-books.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    It's a shame, I wish that it was. That's where the franchise should be heading.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Even if they aren't always on the best terms with human heroes it is very weird seeing them trust long-time friends and allies less than, say, Mr. Sinister.

Even if they aren't always on the best terms with human heroes it is very weird seeing them trust long-time friends and allies less than, say, Mr. Sinister.
    Yeah, it seems like the X-Men are out of the loop regarding Moira, so why are the so comfortable with such drastic changes? We as the audience have the advantage of knowing what they don't, but why are they okay with Apocalypse, Sinister, and Shaw holding high seats on their governing body? Did they go from Rosenberg's Uncanny X-Men to this? We need answers.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Yeah, it seems like the X-Men are out of the loop regarding Moira, so why are the so comfortable with such drastic changes? We as the audience have the advantage of knowing what they don't, but why are they okay with Apocalypse, Sinister, and Shaw holding high seats on their governing body? Did they go from Rosenberg's Uncanny X-Men to this? We need answers.
    There was a 6 month time gap between the runs. Rosenberg's run made things so dire that Krakoa would be more palatable to most

Especially since in the non-X books (including the ones written by people also writing X-Men books, like Ewing) the relationship between humans and mutants is basically more or less normal. But in the X-Men books it sometimes doesn't feel like they even like any humans, even their close friends they've known for ages. It almost makes me believe those "Hickman will retcon most of the events of the run at the end of his run" theories because the difference can be so clear.
    Last edited by gonnagiveittoya; 10-10-2020 at 02:22 PM.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

The thing is that, once you bring people like Sinister, Apocalypse and Exodus to the fold, you have to give them a seat at the big boys table, there is no choice.

Of course, Moira already said that bring Sinister is a horrible idea, so...