Page 241 of 669 FirstFirst ... 141191231237238239240241242243244245251291341 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,615 of 10032
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    You do realize the Inhumans kept a toxic cloud around that harm mutants right? What part of your fantasy scenario with BB and Medusa talking War Crimes doesn't end with Magneto or any number other mutants say go kick rocks. Heck playing along with fantasy deaths maybe some mutant finally sticks a knife in Beast for working with the inhumans during that point.
    But...but...the "We didn't know terrigen killed mutants. Our bad," retcon!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Are you going to "you mad?" every time some says something you don't like? I know the board doesn't have an age restriction, but c'mon. We can pretend to be older than 12.
    Gods no! Not every time. That would be insane and take up way too much of my time.

I honestly don't care that much or even at all, really, when it comes to us having very different opinions.
    Just having a bit of fun. This is a comic book forum after all.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by NK1988 View Post
    So time to be unique snowflakes in a safe environment. No one agrees with the crowd 100% of the time. You probably like some character who isn't very popular or maybe you feel a sacred cow shouldn't be so sacred. Well, I'd be really interested in hearing from all of you on your views that might get challenged somewhere else, but can be expressed bluntly and fearlessly here.

Inspired by the Vulcan thread. I don't hate Vulcan and would like to see him return.
    Controversial views? Well, I think David Cochram was a better X-Men artist than John Byrne. Is that controversial?
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by LocoSteve View Post
    Jean Grey > Emma Frost.
    That's controversial?
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))

If they were going to make one of the O5 gay, Beast would have made more sense!
    Sandy Hausler

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Gods no! Not every time. That would be insane and take up way too much of my time.

I honestly don't care that much or even at all, really, when it comes to us having very different opinions.
    Just having a bit of fun. This is a comic book forum after all.
    Not if it makes people feel attacked; people are different, and, ya know. Kinda comes off mean if ya don't mind me saying?

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Not if it makes people feel attacked; people are different, and, ya know. Kinda comes off mean if ya don't mind me saying?
    Hmmm. Duly noted.
    I will be more selective in whom I invite to afternoon tea, from here on.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Hmmm. Duly noted.
    I will be more selective in whom I invite to afternoon tea, from here on.
    I'll have tea with you and I'll bring the crumpets and lemon curd.

I don't let comics, or any entertainment - including internet forums, "fray" me personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    If they were going to make one of the O5 gay, Beast would have made more sense!
    I agree but Morriosn messed up it very badly on his run. he just had Scott and Emma put him on the "closet"

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Emma never faces consequences for her actions. Trust me, you are not alone in not liking her character. She never suffered even the slightest comeuppance for her actions in IvX (including unleashing the Sentinels on the Inhumas!), Secret Wars, Xmen Blue or Uncanny. If anything, she's been rewarded several times over. The closest thing to consequences for her was Scott seemingly choosing Jean over her at the end of Uncanny. Which was super sexist and the like.

I almost want to say its meta commentary on how rich, straight white people get away with everything, but I don't think the writers are that clever.
    Now that we had the semi-reboot of Krakoa, it seems unlikely that Emma will ever be held accountable.

I even think those events from the so called "lost decade" (Hickman's words) won't even be referred to by current writers.

Quote Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
    I'll have tea with you and I'll bring the crumpets and lemon curd.

I don't let comics, or any entertainment - including internet forums, "fray" me personally.
    A gentlemanly scholar you are, sir.
    Both you and your Lemon Curd (with a light dusting of lemon zest) will be a wondrously divine addition to our afternoon repast.

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    I believe the Mystique is coddled the same was by writers, despite her repeated betrayals of the X Men.
    I even gave up to understand why mystique is even with X-men. She going to betray you

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Emma never faces consequences for her actions. Trust me, you are not alone in not liking her character. She never suffered even the slightest comeuppance for her actions in IvX (including unleashing the Sentinels on the Inhumas!), Secret Wars, Xmen Blue or Uncanny. If anything, she's been rewarded several times over. The closest thing to consequences for her was Scott seemingly choosing Jean over her at the end of Uncanny. Which was super sexist and the like.

I almost want to say its meta commentary on how rich, straight white people get away with everything, but I don't think the writers are that clever.
    In a way, her isolation has always been her punishment. She seemed not to care and in return the others didn't care. Is it enough of a punishment? Probably not. It seems to me that a lot of writers see her in a caricatural way, not bothering to add depth to her, the "Ice Queen"…
    But for those who are interested by giving her a conscience, a empathy… putting her through a trial would make sense.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

With all the X-Men, and mutants in general, who get away with stuff on a story-to-story basis, yalls fixation of Emma really is interesting to see unfold.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

I think some are confusing a working relationship between Jean/Emma for the foundations of friendship. I do NOT think they have to be enemies but I agree with others who said that their "friendship" isn't earned, and it absolutely reeks of Hickman wanting to avoid sorting out their relationship. NXM is about as much as you should expect from a Jean/Emma relationship without whitewashing a great deal of their personal histories. Moreover I personally never bought the whole Emma training Jeen, for no other reason than there were much more equipped and familiar psychics that she had actual relationships with, such as I don't know her daughter Rachel?

I felt the same way when some writer had STORM, longstanding member of the X-men, former leader, and literal family member of the X-men begging Emma if she could return to service within their ranks! Personally, before attaching friendships to Emma for menial reasons why not actually develop the relationships between the X-women who have supported one another for years and receive very little attention?