Page 140 of 655 FirstFirst ... 4090130136137138139140141142143144150190240640 ... LastLast
Results 2,086 to 2,100 of 9824

I should stop buying History of the Marvel Universe because in an upcoming issue Rodriguez's talents are being wasted on a panel featuring Cat Beast.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

So Beast participated in mass murder/genocide on three different occasions then! I definitely think that character is beyond redemption as of now.

Good points on Emma, I totally forgot IvsX.

And I didn't know that Way thing on Wolverine: Origins. That writer really screwed Logan, huh

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    This is a really nad list. Emma did more than blowing a pony. And Jean going into Emma was very what she deserved.And Jean cares about Rachel
    you're welcome to make yours

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Mutant Liberation Front > X-Force
    Amen! 101010101
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    That's interesting. I wonder what were the worst acts of each of them in your opinion.

Xavier - maybe Deadly Genesis? mindwiping his own students to forget he sent four kids to their death (one of them related to his student). there's Danger and Onslaught too.

Beast - a tie between committing genocide against the Skrulls and endangering the timestream on a petty vengeance

Emma - blowing up a horse? or I guess probably mind-controlling mutants for survival, as she did with Anole recently

Logan - could be harassing Jean or letting Juggernaut beat Peter or gutting and abandoning Rachel or slashing Hope or killing his own children

Scott - using children as killers on X-Force? falling to the temptations of the Phoenix?

Jean - considering she wasn't the Phoenix (cocoon and all), I'd say... not giving a fck about Rachel? being violent towards Emma on Morrison's run?
    Beast killing Skrulls doesn't count. Only good Skrull is a dead one.

Onslaught doesn't count, just like Phoenix possession, cuz Charles didn't know linking his mind with Magneto would turn him evil.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    He isn't a x-men

This is a really nad list. Emma did more than blowing a pony. And Jean going into Emma was very what she deserved.And Jean cares about Rachel
    Pardon me. LMAO.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Beast killing Skrulls doesn't count. Only good Skrull is a dead one.

Onslaught doesn't count, just like Phoenix possession, cuz Charles didn't know linking his mind with Magneto would turn him evil.

Pardon me. LMAO.
    I don't hold the Skrulls against Hank (presuming this is from Secret Invasion) because they also dangled the cure in front of them and the response was...I was going to say mass suicide, but it was all controlled by the commander of that particular group, so maybe murder/suicide on a mass scale is a better description.
    Dark does not mean deep.

My unpopular thought...

Maggot is under rated and needs a comeback
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Beast has already received the worst possible punishment, being exiled to Uncanny Inhumans.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Uncanny Inhumans.
    WTF is that? Off to google.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    WTF is that? Off to google.
    That time Beast left the X-men to go join the Inhumans

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    That time Beast left the X-men to go join the Inhumans
    Yeah, had to learn that was a thing.

I GET why people are mad and don't like the character, but I think AS-A-CHARACTER, the potential good outweighs the textual bad.

Yeah, had to learn that was a thing.

I GET why people are mad and don't like the character, but I think AS-A-CHARACTER, the potential good outweighs the textual bad.
    Hank is a lot like Max Kellerman - every time he gets presented with proof that he is laughably wrong, he doubles down. Unless you hate what he hates, it's impossible to like him until that aspect of his personality changes because that hate has become his defining trait.

Before that point, before BitterBeast, Hank was one of my favorite characters and one I always enjoyed seeing in any story. Possibly my favorite supporting character in Marvel, and I really would like that Hank McCoy back.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Before that point, before BitterBeast, Hank was one of my favorite characters and one I always enjoyed seeing in any story. Possibly my favorite supporting character in Marvel, and I really would like that Hank McCoy back.
    ^

Which is entirely possible, and entirely probable in alternate contexts like film, animation, and games.

I dont know if this is an unpopular opinion but I blame Morrison for the Beast we have today. Cat Beast was one of the worst decisions that was done to the character and set him on the path to him being less fun and more serious and depressing. My fondness for him really started to go downhill there and manifested into hate midway through Fraction's run. He hasnt recovered since
    Last edited by Havok83; 08-21-2019 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont know if this is an unpopular opinion but I blame Morrison for the Beast we have today. Cat Beast was one of the worst decisions that was done to the character and set him on the path to him being less fun and more serious and depressing. My fondness for him really started there and manifested into hate midway through Fraction's run. He hasnt recovered since
    Hm. You ain't wrong. Cat Beast was a rough mutation I got used to, but the idea of Beast being bipolar and behaving with emotional swings was entirely Morrisonian. You'd think his latest "bald" look would've had a mood stabilizer component... unless the plan is to employ a werewolf metaphor with Hank.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

How so? Please go on.
    Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Uuuugh, Selene. A great villain but so creepy. I feel like if they even let that parasite on the island she's in a van down by the river. She's also incredibly dangerous because she is so ancient and partial to taking a psychotic narcissist's version of the long view - even more than Apocalypse IMO, who Moira at least has a background with.
    I've been thinking on this and it's because I had to meaningfully recontexualize Selebe for a second. Because really, she is this Hecaté archetype more than anything and has the possibility to pad out the mutant lore in the pantheon in such a unique way. Because Selene seemingly learns from her failures. She gets foiled one way, she doesn't try it again that way so Selene is such this mutable All mother mutant in that way. I feel like Selene probably looks to mutantkind and its superstars as her grandchildren! Granny Selene, the matriarch of history always buried in antiquity and thus her conceit; At the end of the day her villainy is that she only wants True Matriarchy with herself at the helm. And that's tricky because for the most part I'm sure there are more than a few X-women that would probably agree that the kindred nature of mutantkind has been tendered on the backs of its stellar womxn.
    Storm would definitely lean towards this kind of port because it's all about the Ascension of the goddess. Selene is definitely down by the river like some ashen earthy witch of the woods, days without sup, gray and plump tiers of grayish black hair, giving sermon to young Xwomyn trying to get the clan askani going, holding court with Storm. I feel like Selene is a natural mother supplant for Rachel tbh. She'd probably be the best mother Rachel's ever had tbh. But yeah, Selene tries new things and sits and watches and then sneaks in and tries another tact to get what she wants. She believes in the slow burn but definitely feels that the male of the species have had their chance and it's time for all mother to intervene.