Page 258 of 663 FirstFirst ... 158208248254255256257258259260261262268308358 ... LastLast
Results 3,856 to 3,870 of 9936

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    Kinda wish jean was under aaron and his phoenix ideas to get a break from these type of back and forth's whenever emma breathes
    Aaron does nothing but butcher the Phoenix. God no.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    thats the point :P, since the phoenix is sooooo important to put her in the big leagues, might as well capitalize

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    thats the point :P, since the phoenix is sooooo important to put her in the big leagues, might as well capitalize
    It would totally have made sense back on the Phoenix Resurrection days to have her accept the Phoenix and be on the Avengers as a connection to the whole Avengers BC thing though.

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Jean didn't really needed Scott. Phoenix story put her on the big league chaarcters.

Emma would get forgotten on some 3rd tier book like Gen X
    Screenshot 2020-02-06 10.31.52.jpg

No way, Morrison made her a major player and the other writers have too much fun writing her. Snarky bitch sells, and people like it even if you don't. Further she's been at her best and arguable most popular in HoX/DoX and she's hardly connected to Cyclops at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    Screenshot 2020-02-06 10.31.52.jpg

No way, Morrison made her a major player and the other writers have too much fun writing her. Snarky bitch sells, and people like it even if you don't. Further she's been at her best and arguable most popular in HoX/DoX and she's hardly connected to Cyclops at all.
    Morrsion made her a major player because he paired her with Cyclops.

There is rumours of Storm being the love interest instead of Emma. If Claremont released her to Morrison use, we wouldn't be discussing this

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Morrsion made her a major player because he paired her with Cyclops.

There is rumours of Storm being the love interest instead of Emma. If Claremont released her to Morrison use, we wouldn't be discussing this
    Too bad, because that didn't happen. "What ifs" are irrelevant, we got what we got.

And Morrison's overhaul of Emma made her popular on her own merits, not just the pairing of Cyclops.

Extraordinary Member

Emma is great because she's grown beyond just being a snobby power-hungry bitch in cheap underwear. Today's Emma is power-hungry, but deep down, she is a good person who really does want just want to keep her fellow mutants-especially the children-safe. And God help you, she will get that done.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Too bad, because that didn't happen. "What ifs" are irrelevant, we got what we got.

And Morrison's overhaul of Emma made her popular on her own merits, not just the pairing of Cyclops.
    people were talking about what ifs. So I was talking about it too. If wasn't for the pairing with Cyclops Morrison would probably not work with her and her role would be limited on the future of x-men

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Emma is great because she's grown beyond just being a snobby power-hungry bitch in cheap underwear. Today's Emma is power-hungry, but deep down, she is a good person who really does want just want to keep her fellow mutants-especially the children-safe. And God help you, she will get that done.
    I don't really see she being that good inside. X-23, Jean and Storm have a lot to talk about it

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Aaron does nothing but butcher everything they get their hands on.

The only way Emma Frost could be more white privilege incarnate is if she was named Karen. I know mean girls are popular, but I'll never understand her huge fanbase. When it comes to being a voice for an oppressed minority, there aren't many worse choices for your viewpoint character than the rich, straight white woman with powers she can hide.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    The only way Emma Frost could be more white privilege incarnate is if she was named Karen. I know mean girls are popular, but I'll never understand her huge fanbase. When it comes to being a voice for an oppressed minority, there aren't many worse choices for your viewpoint character than the rich, straight white woman with powers she can hide.
    Her codename might as well be White Privilege.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    If AAron could do what he did for Jane on Jean that would be wonderful. But the crap he did with Phoenix, this seems very unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    Finally. Someone who sees it as I do.

Now that said, he's probably a good writer. A lot of people seem to enjoy him. He's just not for me.

I am a tremendous fan of Thor (I ramble about it and comics in general over here http://comicreliefpodcast.com/archives/2069 ) - and I was avidly collecting Thor - and they announce he's coming on...

And I lasted about six issues into the God Killer story (or whatever it was called). I tried his Thor (Jane Foster), lasted 2 issues. I tried his Valkyrie, lasted one issue.

He's simply not for me.

But there are definitely folks out there who like what he does, and that's great for them.
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Transgression. Mean girls are not politically correct.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    With some authors, yes, she's a good person and especially around Scott… Now, I don't know: her snobby power-hungry bitchiness is a huge appeal for a lot of writers and it's hard to say if they are interested by other sides of her personnality.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe