Page 202 of 663 FirstFirst ... 102152192198199200201202203204205206212252302 ... LastLast
Results 3,016 to 3,030 of 9936

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    There was a mistaken made and i'm going to fix it. wait

this is what I meant:

I don't think Jean liked Scott because he was the big gun on the team.
    Scott was choosen by Xavier to lead because he was a man and the only one really interested on the x-men cause. he really took it really seriously,l it was the only thing he had going. Bob was imature, Warren too playboy and Hank was a bit rebel and too science guy to lead.
    Chalres chose Scott because he was a sound tactical planner and a decent strategist. He didn't choose Jean because at the time Jean's powers were basically useless in the field (as were Charles's). It wasn't until they massively buffed TK and TP that Jean became the force in the field that she is now.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Chalres chose Scott because he was a sound tactical planner and a decent strategist. He didn't choose Jean because at the time Jean's powers were basically useless in the field (as were Charles's). It wasn't until they massively buffed TK and TP that Jean became the force in the field that she is now.
    Jean was the role "girl" on the team, as invisible woman also was. it only changed when writers saw that it was old and they need more to do than look beautiful and be a damsel in distress.

BANNED

Well, retroactively, it’s because Xavier was blocking her powers, which totally makes sense since it’s exactly what Stan was doing.

BANNED

It doesn't shock me you like Teen Scott, since Teen Scott was a gutted, useless piece of trash character. There was absolutely nothing connecting Teen Scott to Adult Scott in any way, shape, or form. Teen Scott was mopey, whiny, ineffectual coward.

That was the big difference between Jeen, Tobby, and Tott: You could logically see how Jeen becomes Jean or how Tobby becomes Bobby. There is no way in hell that Tott becomes Scott at all. He would have gotten them all killed in their very first battle by being essentially useless.
    It's quite telling the kind of fan that thinks Teen Scott was in any way a good take on Cyclops.

God, when I remember how much we had to suffer through that sniveling coward, I fall for Bendis and Hickman's adult Cyclops even more.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    See, I thought the opposite; I loved seeing him outside of being a leader because they actually started to do something with him. He actually addressed his insecurities and started to work around them, because he didn't want to fall into the same pit-falls which had made his then-adult self just...so friggin' insufferable (Look, I'm sorry, I didn't like him like that alright?) Plus there was the actual fleshing-out he got in his solo, especially in regards to what he could do with his eye-beams. I mean, ok, it was only a small moment but it was something new! I loved seeing him feel more 'human,' I guess and less militaristic. It reminded me a lot of X-Men Evolution Scott.

And I couldn't be arsed listing the other two, so sue me.
    Hard disagree. That's almost saying that people who are militants in the name of a cause aren't actually human. Teen Scott was basically Marvel attempting to vilify Scott after AvX failed and undermine the idea of revolution against the status quo. Which is part of what corporations in general like to sell, and doesn't make it any less distasteful. Tyke was easily the worst part of the O5 because he represented too many bad things for a single character. He judged his adult version for the word of his two greatest enemies at the time, Beast and Wolverine, choosing to simplify his actions because he was basically told so, instead of actually addressing it. It was a wasted opportunity, all in all.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Hard disagree. That's almost saying that people who are militants in the name of a cause aren't actually human. Teen Scott was basically Marvel attempting to vilify Scott after AvX failed and undermine the idea of revolution against the status quo. Which is part of what corporations in general like to sell, and doesn't make it any less distasteful. Tyke was easily the worst part of the O5 because he represented too many bad things for a single character. He judged his adult version for the word of his two greatest enemies at the time, Beast and Wolverine, choosing to simplify his actions because he was basically told so, instead of actually addressing it. It was a wasted opportunity, all in all.
    Well I didn't mean it like that, but sorry if you thought so. In any case, we'll just have to agree to disagree; I preferred Teen Scott to the adult Scott's direction and, as such, could better empathise with what he was trying to do.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I can make it even more unpopular. I thought Age of X-Man was better than HoX/PoX.
    C'mon. Hocus Pocus wasn't as inherently wrong.
    Its problem is that it's isn't as good as it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by adamTPTK View Post
    Seconded. I gave both Excalibur and Fallen Angels two issues worth of a try but neither are for me. I was expecting bigger ideas, more intense character turns, I don't know... ah well, back to fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Seconded. I gave both Excalibur and Fallen Angels two issues worth of a try but neither are for me. I was expecting bigger ideas, more intense character turns, I don't know... ah well, back to fanfic.
    I think writers are having problems using the characters in the team books, it's not coming together like it should

Quote Originally Posted by adamTPTK View Post
    Yeps; DoX is dissapointing

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

People said Avengers was disappointing too. smh.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    People said Avengers was disappointing too. smh.
    Age of ultron was. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Well I didn't mean it like that, but sorry if you thought so. In any case, we'll just have to agree to disagree; I preferred Teen Scott to the adult Scott's direction and, as such, could better empathise with what he was trying to do.
    At least I could feel sorry for the teen scott. It was nice to see him without all the world weight on his shoulders.
    Also he was dissapointed with himself, instead of having other characters screw up do Scott could whine about them.
    Last edited by spirit2011; 11-28-2019 at 08:54 AM.

I think writers are having problems using the characters in the team books, it's not coming together like it should
    I agree that a LOT of the rosters seemed to lack chemistry at first, and I was excited to be surprised by the writers in DoX, but everything feels dry. The team intentions seem weird too.

BANNED

At least I could feel sorry for the teen scott. It was nice to see him without all the world weight on his shoulders.
    Also he was dissapointed with himself, instead of having other characters screw up do Scott could whine about them.
    I just loved the freedom teen Scott seemed to be allowed. He was allowed to feel vulnerable, allowed to explore what it meant in himself to grapple with the self-defeating perfectionism. He reminded me of one issue of his adult self in a Claremont-era comic, where he was cutting loose on one of Wolverine's bikes and just revelling in that freedom for a few minutes!

Aw man, now I miss teen Scott...

O5 Twink Iceman should have stayed in the present.

Ultimate Member

Not aware until now that it was unpopular, but I liked teen Scott, particularly his interactions with Laura and Kamala. There was one scene in particular where he hands X-23 a program that he's made that gives her heads up as to various bad situations where she could go and kick some ass, because he can tell that she's bored and desperately needs a violent outlet, so he solves that by pointing her at human trafficking rings, etc. It reminded me of grown-up Scott arguing about how to 'handle' Wolverine, not by 'demerits' for not toe-ing the line, but by working *with* him and adapting to his needs (and Xavier pooh-poohing the whole notion, having an inflexible top-down notion of command).

I didn't like the O5 notion in general, and certainly feel that they overstayed their welcome, but teen Scott, in particular, was a neat look at the best parts of the grown up Scott, I thought.