Page 446 of 486 FirstFirst ... 346396436442443444445446447448449450456 ... LastLast
Results 6,676 to 6,690 of 7280
  1. #6676
    Incredible Member frostedemma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    686

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post

    You are focused on a "Tony Montana..." but what about just a guy muling drugs for a cartel...instead of having to risk going across borders normally he just uses the gates?

    Or a serial rapist who uses the gates to get around the world??

    And no...it has not been shown...but that does not mean it is not happening or is not going to happen.
    Except there's a log of every person that passes through the gates and Sage keeps records and keeps tracks of everything that passes through the gates along with Black Tom being connected to the gates 24/7 thanks to his powers

  2. #6677
    Invincible Member numberthirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    20,663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    ...

    You are focused on a "Tony Montana..." but what about just a guy muling drugs for a cartel...instead of having to risk going across borders normally he just uses the gates?

    Or a serial rapist who uses the gates to get around the world??

    And no...it has not been shown...but that does not mean it is not happening or is not going to happen.
    A guy that turned down amnesty and a life on Krakoa to stay under the thumb of a cartel?

    You can't see how this looks less and less likely as the details start getting filled in?

  3. #6678
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    1,956

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    Except there's a log of every person that passes through the gates and Sage keeps records and keeps tracks of everything that passes through the gates along with Black Tom being connected to the gates 24/7 thanks to his powers
    Does that read minds?? Does it scan what is in their luggage?? From my understanding all it really does is say "this person came to the island through this gate on this day and time and then left the island through this gate on this day and time."

    Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    A guy that turned down amnesty and a life on Krakoa to stay under the thumb of a cartel?

    You can't see how this looks less and less likely as the details start getting filled in?
    who says he is "under the thumb"...maybe he make good money and does so willingly. A lot of drug smugglers did not run cartels but made good money running their drugs.
    Last edited by Chris0013; 02-27-2021 at 05:17 PM.

  4. #6679
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    1,956

    Default

    edit...deleted...

  5. #6680
    Invincible Member numberthirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    20,663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    Except there's a log of every person that passes through the gates and Sage keeps records and keeps tracks of everything that passes through the gates along with Black Tom being connected to the gates 24/7 thanks to his powers
    Don't even get me started...

    First, you'd need characters with the desire to take part in this seriously blockheaded scheme.

    Second, they are somehow circumventing at least two layers of safeguards.

  6. #6681
    Incredible Member frostedemma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    686

    Default

    The Schengen Area is a place that actually exist. You can literally hope from eu country to eu country without ever having to pull out your passport or pass any sort of border control. I don't see how the Krakoan gates are such a stretch

  7. #6682
    Invincible Member numberthirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    20,663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Does that read minds?? Does it scan what is in their luggage?? From my understanding all it really does is say "this person came to the island through this gate on this day and time and then left the island through this gate on this day and time."

    ...
    From what I've read, Black Tom's connection is nowhere near as simplistic as that.

    Is there a specific instance that you have seen that points to his connection being that bare bones?

  8. #6683
    Invincible Member numberthirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    20,663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    ...

    who says he is "under the thumb"...maybe he make good money and does so willingly. A lot of drug smugglers did not run cartels but made good money running their drugs.
    Let's just accept that such a person does exist.

    He is seriously going to take the risk of bringing Krakoa into play?

    There is a scenario where having an enemy who doesn't answer to anyone is a sensible risk that drug mule would add into the mix?

  9. #6684

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Without so much as a bit of a wisp of smoke as the proof that a tiny fire might exist somewhere.
    I think having folks like Apocalypse and Sinister qualify as some sort of "smoke" to a fire that there's some wrong doing going on - that we're not aware of. Neither of them are historically known for being class acts. More like ass acts, amirite?
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

  10. #6685
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,506

    Default

    I think the X-men like them better having discussions at the council and reuniting with lost family than making plans to de-populate the entire world or experiment on humans and mutants, also they didnīt expect them to accept Krakoaīs offer, JDW said the X-men were just honoring their word while keeping an eye on them and I think thatīs honestly a great opportunity for a good story, I am sure this will bring more than one problem for the X-men but itīs worth it to have mutants like Masque, Black Tom and Pyro seeing they still can change, it gives tension on the story and brings something new to the narrative and itīs a natural second step after Utopia

    It sometimes bring plain hilarious character moments, like when Magneto was like Ok, I can deal with a lot but I will put my foot down on you Apocalypse sacrificing other inmortal mutants on a mystical portal that will only bring demons from an entire different dimension

    Apocelypse: I do what I want and Krakoa agreed with me, now I will just leave you with an entire island of mutants that make me look like a pacifist, have fun Lol
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 02-27-2021 at 05:36 PM.
    "The time for subtlety is passing. Now is the time for change." [New Mutants (Vol. 1) #38]

  11. #6686

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I think the X-men like them better having discussions at the council and reuniting with lost family that making plans to de-populate the entire world or experiment on humans and mutants, also they didnīt expect them to accept Krakoaīs offer, JDW said the X-men were just honoring their word while keeping an eye on them and I think thatīs honestly a great opportunity for a good story, I am sure this will bring more than one problem for the X-men but itīs worth it to have mutants like Masque, Black Tom and Pyro seeing they still can change, it gives tension on the story and brings something new to the narrative and itīs a natural second step after Utopia
    I agree - I love a good redemption story, when it's done right. (The original Thunderbolts run proved it could be done!) - but there's some, that you just can't see every "seeing the light" (Zemo, for example - but also Apocalypse, and to a large degree - Sinister - because he's always working another angle).
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

  12. #6687
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    I agree - I love a good redemption story, when it's done right. (The original Thunderbolts run proved it could be done!) - but there's some, that you just can't see every "seeing the light" (Zemo, for example - but also Apocalypse, and to a large degree - Sinister - because he's always working another angle).
    I agree and I suspect thatīs why they made Apocalypse sit right next to Magneto and Xavier and Mr Sinister next Exodus, they are bassically seeing them all the time, just expecting them to give them a reason. Apocalypse was surprising but Mr Sinister seems to be unable to stop himself, heīs bassically the main antagonist for the hellions.
    "The time for subtlety is passing. Now is the time for change." [New Mutants (Vol. 1) #38]

  13. #6688
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    1,956

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    From what I've read, Black Tom's connection is nowhere near as simplistic as that.

    Is there a specific instance that you have seen that points to his connection being that bare bones?
    My point is...do they have that sort of information on who..and what...is coming in and out of the gates.

    Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Let's just accept that such a person does exist.

    He is seriously going to take the risk of bringing Krakoa into play?

    There is a scenario where having an enemy who doesn't answer to anyone is a sensible risk that drug mule would add into the mix?
    Human nature is human nature...and a mutant is just a human with the x-gene. They have the same emotions, drives, motivations and psychological make up as humans. A drug smuggler who is in it as much for the thrill as the money is not going to go to Krakoa and think "you know what...I am just gonna give it all up and live here". Same with a serial rapist who gets his thrill from his power over his victims. They will keep doing what it til they get caught or killed.

  14. #6689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I agree and I suspect thatīs why they made Apocalypse sit right next to Magneto and Xavier and Mr Sinister next Exodus, they are bassically seeing them all the time, just expecting them to give them a reason. Apocalypse was surprising but Mr Sinister seems to be unable to stop himself, heīs bassically the main antagonist for the hellions.
    Yes! And speaking of that - I've enjoyed the few issues I've read of Greycrow (formerly "Scalphunter" - was the name changed for racial sensitivity? I can see how someone might consider it "offensive") - because I always enjoyed the character in the Marauders - and thought he reminded me a lot of Forge and (Jamie) Madison (formerly of Alpha Flight).

    Riptide is another I'd love to see get more play from the original Marauders team.

    Hades, I'd like to see almost ALL those Marauders get some face time to flesh them out.
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

  15. #6690
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    Yes! And speaking of that - I've enjoyed the few issues I've read of Greycrow (formerly "Scalphunter" - was the name changed for racial sensitivity? I can see how someone might consider it "offensive") - because I always enjoyed the character in the Marauders - and thought he reminded me a lot of Forge and (Jamie) Madison (formerly of Alpha Flight).
    Greycrow was behaving better since Utopia times I think and he has been cloned way too many times already so I doubt we can honestly say heīs the same person from the massacre. I donīt know why they changed his name but you are probably right Yes he makes me remember Forge too. I like his honestly and the fact he will not make excusses for himself while still taking care of the people close to him, he and psylocke make great co-leaders.

    Riptide is another I'd love to see get more play from the original Marauders team.

    Hades, I'd like to see almost ALL those Marauders get some face time to flesh them out.
    They have had some face time in Hellions and I think they will be brought back in future issues so you probably will get your wish.
    "The time for subtlety is passing. Now is the time for change." [New Mutants (Vol. 1) #38]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •