Page 76 of 663 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086126176576 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 9936

I think the early to mid 90s, and not the 80s, was the best period in the X-books. There. I said it.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    No, Magneto is not a terrorist. He has done some inexcusable things though.
    The lines between terrorist, freedom fighter, and soldier are incredibly subjective. I think all those words could accurately be applied to both Magneto and the X-Men. I'd like to see the X-Men stories lean into that blurriness more often, but in a post-9/11 world, somehow I doubt that. The nuance of motivation is largely ignored in favor of mindless violence and cheap drama.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

No, Magneto is not a terrorist. He has done some inexcusable things though.

I most definitely want a reboot of the movies.
    He just rampaged through the city of Paris a few months ago and there were no good motives behind that. He most certainly is a terrorist

I want to do something different. I'll look at my old posts and see if anything has changed.

This hasn't so much changed, more like the way I think about overrated/underrated. I don't believe in the concept of overrated/underrated anymore. I don't think it's possible for movies/tv shows/comics/books etc. to be overrated/underrated. How could it be if overall these things are supposed to be subjective? How can it be if there is no objective merit?

X2 isn't a massive improvement. It's better, but not by much. It's not a solid movie.

Emma and Jean are more or less even to me now.
    I used to think like that too, but as you said, there is really no objective merit in all this, it comes down to your taste and opinions.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Unpopular opinion:

I’m a huge jean fan and here we are shortly after her resurrection with what appears, to me, to be a very boring slate of comics coming up. It’s very sad and ironic as a jean fan that I probably won’t be reading many/any of the upcoming books. It’s also ironic that I liked the era of teen jean more while adult jean was dead. Other than Xmen red which I’ve loved.

I wish I could get excited for what’s coming up but I may stop buying for a while until the status quo is solid on something I find more enjoyable. But I guess we’ll see.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I think the early to mid 90s, and not the 80s, was the best period in the X-books. There. I said it.
    Definitely my favorite period, but I think a lot of that is bc of nostalgia tbh
    Make Good Art

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Unpopular opinion:

I’m a huge jean fan and here we are shortly after her resurrection with what appears, to me, to be a very boring slate of comics coming up. It’s very sad and ironic as a jean fan that I probably won’t be reading many/any of the upcoming books. It’s also ironic that I liked the era of teen jean more while adult jean was dead. Other than Xmen red which I’ve loved.

I wish I could get excited for what’s coming up but I may stop buying for a while until the status quo is solid on something I find more enjoyable. But I guess we’ll see.
    I think teen Jean felt more like real Jean or Morrison Jean than X-Men Red Jean.
    X-Men Red Jean is too much of an idealized moralizing role model.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I'm starting to dislike how the X-men handle leadership. It's amazing to have your favorite character on the spotlight but i feel like it makes everything feel smaller.
    the leader should be important but she/he shouldn't be the most important thing on the book. the story, the cast and the interactions between them are what matters.

It was better how it was before Morrison and Cyclops huge push. the teams felt like teams, the leader was just a tactical advisor and everybody was important. I miss that.
    I think in Morrison's run Wolverine Cyclops and Beast were less important than Charles, Emma and Jean (and Xorn who was a new XMen member most of it)

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    I think in Morrison's run Wolverine Cyclops and Beast were less important than Charles, Emma and Jean (and Xorn who was a new XMen member most of it)
    Yes, King Cyclops started after Whedon's Astonishing X-Men wrapped up as I remember it.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Contemporary comics are generally better written than comics from the '60s, '70s, '80s, and '90s.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    Yes, King Cyclops started after Whedon's Astonishing X-Men wrapped up as I remember it.
    I think prefer to call him God emperor cyclops

I think Jean/Logan is a nice couple I wouldn't mind seeing in canon.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

This one is really unpopular, especially right now, some people will hate me for this, it's though but is what i honestly think...
    Jean is my favorite character and i feel the only X-men worthy enought of her are Cyclops and Wolverine. they are probably the two greatest and most popular male characters on the x-books. they have their own stories, personalities and dramas. they are interesting, they are big, they are important, they carry books and the direction of the entire franchice, Jean deserves something great as great as her. They are the top men and she is the top woman
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 11-22-2018 at 04:53 AM.

BANNED

Wolverine sucks, and needs to be depowered a decent level.
    Adamantium is REALLY the strongest metal ever, and Aliens don't stip mine it?
    Adamantium is like Omega, a pointless term now.

Omega anything is pointless.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

What the hell, I'll play.

The x-verse would be in a much, much better place if Marvel had simply paired up Ororo/Scott and Jean/Logan decades ago. SMFH doesn't even begin to cover this one.