Page 307 of 657 FirstFirst ... 207257297303304305306307308309310311317357407 ... LastLast
Results 4,591 to 4,605 of 9846

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    We've already had Cyclops, Polaris, Wolverine, all the Fallen Angels, Gambit, the Morlocks and Nightcrawler question aspects of Krakoa. If there is no Civil War or Schism it seems that for you that is being passive.
    Not really? Most of those have been a character say "I don't like this thing/person" for a page, then they shut up and go along with it anyway. Logan's moments have been the worst, because he basically says he's not happy but will keep his opinions to himself and go along with everything anyway.

Fallen Angels was just so badly and inconsistently written its hard to say what it was trying to say.

The problem of the characters being almost 100% behind what's going on and the problem of all the books being similar are separate things. So much of the current line is 'team/character is sent off to act on behalf of Krakoa, and does some morally questionable things in the process'. There's just not much variety in the kinds of stories they are telling. Its just swapping out the set dressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Red Queen Kate is the best take on Kitty ever. Better than Claremont.
    Hmmm now if she could become besties with Red Death... heheheh

Although Bendis Uncanny X-Men had bad things, the tone of what "X-Men should do in the 21st century" and fighting the establishment is one of the best takes on the mutant metaphor.

Things like the ones America is experiencing right now are proof of how actual it feels.
    I miss Bendis. I was re-reading his run and it was so much fun, apart from the alternate future BS with that young xavier thing. I loved how we had same scenes being viewed from different angles alike to Tsubasa and XXX Holic. Wish he could've stayed longer. It all went downhill after he left.

And from those arguing that there should be a schism within Krakoa, I agree. But lets give this run a year or two before that, so it can be big and meaningful. We don't understand all the aspects of what it means to be a Krakoan and their dynamics within the island. Actually this is something I wish they'd explore more. Not the relation Krakoa-world or krakoa-other universes, but Krakoa in itself. Like anywhere else, it mustn't be a total paradise to live there. Build up this schism event if it ever happens.

BANNED

I don't think this is a controversial take outside of CBR lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    I don't think this is a controversial take outside of CBR lol.
    I'm down for the direction and writing but I still think it's way too late to be trying to make "Kate" happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    I miss Bendis. I was re-reading his run and it was so much fun, apart from the alternate future BS with that young xavier thing. I loved how we had same scenes being viewed from different angles alike to Tsubasa and XXX Holic. Wish he could've stayed longer. It all went downhill after he left.

And from those arguing that there should be a schism within Krakoa, I agree. But lets give this run a year or two before that, so it can be big and meaningful. We don't understand all the aspects of what it means to be a Krakoan and their dynamics within the island. Actually this is something I wish they'd explore more. Not the relation Krakoa-world or krakoa-other universes, but Krakoa in itself. Like anywhere else, it mustn't be a total paradise to live there. Build up this schism event if it ever happens.
    Also inter-clique friction doesn't need to be a civil war.

BANNED

Ah Krakoa. I remember when people were fake mad that Krakoa could make diamonds (just because Wolverine was in charge). Now look at 'em.

I miss Wolverine and the X-Men. We wouldn't have today's best X-book without it.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I really liked Bendis take on the original five X-men, specially young Jean, I just wish he had a complete arc for them instead of letting that to other writers.

I liked Uncanny Avengers until the axis event.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Agreed with one stipulation. This is the best version in 616, 1610 Kitty puts all other versions to shame.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Ah Krakoa. I remember when people were fake mad that Krakoa could make diamonds (just because Wolverine was in charge). Now look at 'em.

I miss Wolverine and the X-Men. We wouldn't have today's best X-book without it.
    lol classic take!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I really liked Bendis take on the original five X-men, specially young Jean, I just wish he had a complete arc for them instead of letting that to other writers.

Yeah the O5 coming to future would probably be remembered more fondly if Bendis didn’t just leave them in the present to waste panels for the next couple of years.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Yeah the O5 coming to future would probably be remembered more fondly if Bendis didn’t just leave them in the present to waste panels for the next couple of years.
    He has a fondness for being that guy who walks away from an explosion in the climax of the movie. He blew stuff up good. And then he walked away. It's on everyone else to figure out how to clean up and go on with life, 'cause comics aren't a movie, they are to be continued next month, and while it was a great scene, with the fire, and the walking away, *it wasn't the end.*

I feel like that happens with a lot of big name writers. They show up and 'shake things up' and maybe set up a grand story, but then they walk away, and it's a big mess for the next team to deal with, or, more often, sweep under the rug and try to forget about, which just annoys fans of said big name writer *and* fans of the characters themselves, since they are getting zero chance to ever really change or grow, just being reset to baseline by each new writing team every couple of years, and yet also being dropped new and exciting *promises* of applecarts being upset every few years, but rarely, if ever, seeing those promises delivered upon, like an endless tease that really, this time will be different, this time we'll actually stick around and cultivate all the plot seeds we've been dropping...

And like Charlie Brown, I keep running at the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I think the IvX era ruined that bc I think Bunn did good picking up the baton from Bendis. If you only consider Bendis' ANX run and jump into X-men Blue and Extermination, you have a nice complete arc for these kids. The IvX stuff was a waste of time for everyone involved except maybe Beast, who developed the magic skills which Bunn utilized

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Agreed with one stipulation. This is the best version in 616, 1610 Kitty puts all other versions to shame.
    I wish with all my heart and soul there was a way to get 1610 Kitty back she deserved a lot better.

Spectacular Member

Although Bendis Uncanny X-Men had bad things, the tone of what "X-Men should do in the 21st century" and fighting the establishment is one of the best takes on the mutant metaphor.

Things like the ones America is experiencing right now are proof of how actual it feels.
    I agree, but I'm going to drive it one point further I actually liked the peaceful resolution with the march even if the road taken to get to that point could have been written again.

Maybe it's a culture thing, but the last revolution we had in my country (Velvet Revolution of 1989) started with students chanting "we have empty hands" and holding flowers getting beaten up by police and the government supporting that police was more or less thwarted by people jiggling their keys in the streets. <- This is of course a bit of an overstatement as there were many outside forces such as the economic fall of the communist block etc. that helped, but the point is that a revolution leading to a major change doesn't always have to be bloody.