Page 275 of 668 FirstFirst ... 175225265271272273274275276277278279285325375 ... LastLast
Results 4,111 to 4,125 of 10013
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Plus newer readers might not have a clue who Sophia is, but will at least understand the connection for Aero once the name Guthrie is mentioned even if they are seeing her for the first time as well.
    That is weak at best. New readers wouldnt even know who the Guthrie's are. Just like its mentioned that Aero is the sister of Cannonball and Husk, the same impact would be there with a splash page or page reminiscent of Wind dancers feats. She had more story and more history in the Xbooks

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Those are weak connections as Sofia is someone they knew for a couple of months years ago at this point. That doesnt compare to family that were grew up together. Again Sofia also didnt get the set up in New Mutants that the Guthrie clan did
    Aero was just "a" Guthrie who didnt even get named until much later after her 1st appearance. Besides that what is she in like 3 issues? Its not like much work ever went into playing up the family connection between even Cannonball and Husk, so now all of a sudden the connection is so strong with everyone? Like i said its fine and it is what it is but the stronger character with more stories and mire history in the xbooks would have been Sofia Mantega. To me tge whole "new reader" argument falls flat because a new reader is likely to find many more appearances and much more info on Sofia than on Aero. Either way the issue is a strong one and I guess my opinion qualifies in this thread being that it seems unpopular and controversial lol

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Just put Ted Roberts and Mariko together.
    The uh, christian guy that has seminars to help cure men's sex addiction? Anyway, you would think the whole phoenix/wolverine dark side cosmic immortal soulmate thing would be interesting but they are quite boring together and when I see them in anything romantic it really isn't very believable even if they try to use that to make it believable. I think that is desperation. I was never sold on it. And though I don't ship them I think he has more chemistry with Storm. I say this grudgingly but I won't get into my thoughts about why.

Ultimate Member

Sofia has no strong connection to any major character. I loved her but Melody was definitely the better choice, given her ties to the Guthrie family. Who's gonna get emotional and passionate about Sofia?
    The obvious answer is Hellion, who had a crush on her, and there's another reason why it couldn't possibly be Sofia undergoing the Crucible, because then they would have had to show Hellion, which is apparently impossible... :/

Sofia has no strong connection to any major character. I loved her but Melody was definitely the better choice, given her ties to the Guthrie family. Who's gonna get emotional and passionate about Sofia?
    Mirage, Prodigy, Surge, Wallflower, Icarus, and Hellion could’ve been in those roles.

They could’ve brought in Beak and Angel since they were on the New Warriors together and it could’ve tied into Brisson’s story.

Any definition of cult that applies to Krakoa can be applied to any comic of the X-Men, including the first one in 1967.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Don't you miss the old days? When the X-Men were not a cult? They were just a group of teenagers who lived in a mansion isolated from society under the direction of a telepath who instilled in them his ideology and put them on life or death missions. Also, everyone was wearing the same ceremonial clothes, I mean, superhero costumes.

Good old days.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Is the popularity of the current Jean/Logan ship movie inspired? Because I remember back in the earliest days of the net that most Wolverine fans didn't even want him with Jean they saw her as a goody two-shoes. I know Wolvy fans wanted Mystique of all people before she went nuts, or Elektra. If they wanted him to settle/calm down it was with Mariko and not Jean. To them, Mariko really loved Logan but Jean just wanted the bad boy because of what she was going through with the Phoenix. You probably wont believe it but that is what I remember. Jean fans also thought it was superficial on both their ends. He just wanted to steal the wholesome girl to them. I really think the cheating with Emma is why so many women want them together if its not because of Hugh Jackman. The only time Wolverine fans mentioned Jean/Logan as a couple was to piss off the Cyclops fans with all the feuding between the two. Am I the only one that feels Mariko is being left out in the cold? I realize this is 25 plus years later so this may sound strange to even wonder about.
    Probably, still under my expirience, only some Wolverine fans like it, most of then are pretty indifferent to Logan's love life, at least in this forums. Not sure how true it is outside of here though, but i usually don't find much Wolverine disscusion in other places. Jean fans just want to recieve the same thing that Scott did (a new relationship that lasted years) and Wolverine is their first option, but definetly not the only one.

As for Mariko, she came back recently and seems to want to be away from superhero business for the time being, althought she and the current Wolverine hadn't talked.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

BANNED

I don't think fans really care for Fox version of Wolverine and Jean that happened in comics for 15 years as a vague thing. But then again maybe it's an outlier but what happened with Jean's relationship with Logan is connected way back to Origin and i don't think it has to do with Fox because they didn't care for it when they did Origins in films.

Lots of things were ignored out of continuity and got retconned for Logan after Tieri and Morrison left and Quesada tried to bring back the same old Claremont's bad guy Wolverine all over again and it ended up in worse due to Way.
    Last edited by Vishop; 03-23-2020 at 06:46 AM.

Any definition of cult that applies to Krakoa can be applied to any comic of the X-Men, including the first one in 1967.
    So it’s settled. The X-Men have been a cult since 1967.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Spectacular Member

X Men first appeared in 1963 . I remember it well , because it had such a huge impact on me. (14 at the time)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    and counting

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel909 View Post
    X Men first appeared in 1963 . I remember it well , because it had such a huge impact on me. (14 at the time)
    Ok, sorry, 1963.

Still a cult/not a cult.

Is the popularity of the current Jean/Logan ship movie inspired? Because I remember back in the earliest days of the net that most Wolverine fans didn't even want him with Jean they saw her as a goody two-shoes. I know Wolvy fans wanted Mystique of all people before she went nuts, or Elektra. If they wanted him to settle/calm down it was with Mariko and not Jean. To them, Mariko really loved Logan but Jean just wanted the bad boy because of what she was going through with the Phoenix. You probably wont believe it but that is what I remember. Jean fans also thought it was superficial on both their ends. He just wanted to steal the wholesome girl to them. I really think the cheating with Emma is why so many women want them together if its not because of Hugh Jackman. The only time Wolverine fans mentioned Jean/Logan as a couple was to piss off the Cyclops fans with all the feuding between the two. Am I the only one that feels Mariko is being left out in the cold? I realize this is 25 plus years later so this may sound strange to even wonder about.
    I think that mkvies helped a lot, Logan/Jean were never a big thing on comics. Also the crap treatment that Scott gave Jean also helped jogan get more fans. Logan is basically the other character that have a almost romantic story with Jean beside Scott.
    I would be into it if this was 15 years ago. Now it has more problems

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Nah it wasn't.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I think that mkvies helped a lot, Logan/Jean were never a big thing on comics. Also the crap treatment that Scott gave Jean also helped jogan get more fans. Logan is basically the other character that have a almost romantic story with Jean beside Scott.
    I would be into it if this was 15 years ago. Now it has more problems
    It wasn't for Jean but it was Logan and his Origin and I don't think it has to do with movies.

BANNED

The uh, christian guy that has seminars to help cure men's sex addiction? Anyway, you would think the whole phoenix/wolverine dark side cosmic immortal soulmate thing would be interesting but they are quite boring together and when I see them in anything romantic it really isn't very believable even if they try to use that to make it believable. I think that is desperation. I was never sold on it. And though I don't ship them I think he has more chemistry with Storm. I say this grudgingly but I won't get into my thoughts about why.
    Ted Roberts is Jean Grey's old beau from college, ergo sarcastic symmetry with Wolverine's old flame.

And I imagine that a successful Jean/Wolerine would be very "boring" for Scott fans regardless of the angle they took on it lol