Page 583 of 663 FirstFirst ... 83483533573579580581582583584585586587593633 ... LastLast
Results 8,731 to 8,745 of 9936

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    I never said it was. I actually really hate Paperclip, but my point was even Operation Paperclip wasn’t as dumb as Krakoa.
    I wasn't criticizing you, I agree with you. The interests of USA were alligned with the interest of the nazis. USA entered the war because of the japanese attack, before it nazis had a good reputation on USA. Jac Kirby received death threats because he showed nazis as bad guys on the Captain America comic.

Astonishing Member

Hrrm, here’s a thought. Would Krakoa be obligated to give amnesty to Hybrid?

Astonishing Member

This is more a question than an opinion, but what exactly was the point of the Wilhelmina arc in Marauders?

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    This is more a question than an opinion, but what exactly was the point of the Wilhelmina arc in Marauders?
    I feel like Duggan's whole Marauders had a theme of "women supporting women, y'all." Much of the book revolved around women helping other women in need. (Or at least women who aren't Storm, because she barely got anything out of this book.) That was just part of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    Well first of all they don't need to bring anything to the table since Krakoa made the choice to let all mutants on the island regardless of their skill and power.

But having mutants with that much power on your side in the case of an attack on Krakoa which everyone knows will happen because it always happens to mutants seems like it would be quite valuable. All four of the people you have named have helped Krakoa.
    "because it always happens" is about the worst excuse you can use here. You know what else always happens? These particular evil characters not following rules and doing evil things.

You can say you want them in case somebody else attacks, but what about when they attack? And they will because that's what they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    "because it always happens" is about the worst excuse you can use here. You know what else always happens? These particular evil characters not following rules and doing evil things.

You can say you want them in case somebody else attacks, but what about when they attack? And they will because that's what they do.
    ...........then they go in the Pit

Astonishing Member

As Fabian Cortez was trying to prove, there are easy ways to avoid the Pit, especially on an island full of people easily able to mind control or otherwise manipulate other characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    As Fabian Cortez was trying to prove, there are easy ways to avoid the Pit, especially on an island full of people easily able to mind control or otherwise manipulate other characters.
    and if they get caught they get punished or thrown in the Pit. When Empath made people on the island fight each other he was caught and put on the Hellion team.

That doesn't mean they shouldn't let former villians on the island considering the asset that they could bring to Krakoa since they have a clean slate.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    I feel like Duggan's whole Marauders had a theme of "women supporting women, y'all." Much of the book revolved around women helping other women in need. (Or at least women who aren't Storm, because she barely got anything out of this book.) That was just part of it.
    Yup white women supporting other white women no matter how shitty they are. All while the gays and blacks play second fiddle supporting roles.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Now that she has a new face, and a kinda half-assed redemption, she may show up again later as some kind of ally. I would expect Duggan to maybe bring her into a story later, since he seems like her. I don't really like any of the Verendi kids, but I guess if Duggan's gonna use them, it's more interesting to have one of them go through some kind of change than having them all remain static.

Where are all the elders be at. I am not talking about the genetic manipulated (Sinister, Apocalypse) or time jumpers (Exodus, Charles ancestor). Nor anyone that suppose to be in there 80s. But move like there in their 30s and look it. Its a long list. I am talking about Gate age and appearance. Need some old folks to drop some wisdom.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Yup white women supporting other white women no matter how shitty they are. All while the gays and blacks play second fiddle supporting roles.
    Well when you have mutants be replacements for POC and the LGBTQI+ community for all of its publication history, what do you except? They are not the same no matter how much some people want them to be. That's why young people read manga nowadays. One Piece is more believable. And pretty much every new mutant will always be second or worse than the legacy mutants. The X-Men are basically over-powered Avengers with more toys, video games, movies, and a huge nostalgic fanbase from when their 90's cartoon and comics were literally everywhere. I wonder if Disney plans to slow down other Marvel properties in favor of the X-Men again like they did in the 90's, or if they're going to have them both be present at the same time.

Now that data pages are normalized and what happens in them canon, I wonder about an quarterly series that is text dense with occasional illustrations. Could forgo nine panel grid of talking heads, and do all the dialogue-heavy scenes that should have taken place & should still be taking place.
    I know, I do realize I just reinvented fanfics, but I am trying to solve the problem of readers/fans not getting the characterization & interactions they claim to want.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

I'm not a fan of Noto's faces, especially the red noses.
    My flag is bacon.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Criticalfan View Post
    Now that data pages are normalized and what happens in them canon, I wonder about an quarterly series that is text dense with occasional illustrations. Could forgo nine panel grid of talking heads, and do all the dialogue-heavy scenes that should have taken place & should still be taking place.
    I know, I do realize I just reinvented fanfics, but I am trying to solve the problem of readers/fans not getting the characterization & interactions they claim to want.
    Honestly, I'd be interested. Even something like e-mails or texts being passed back and forth if we got interesting character interaction out of it. I mean, I'd rather also get dialogue and characterization within the actual books, but if this supplements relationships and characters that have been neglected, that'd be cool.