Page 141 of 655 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145151191241641 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 9824

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    I've been thinking on this
    HEAVY.

A lot of this treads into themes outside X-Men but hell what doesn't? Rachel was turned into a dinosaur.

Add more meat to this beast. I want to read it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    But yeah, Selene tries new things
    You mean like when she raised cadavers for her undead army of rotting slaves using the transmode virus? Those new things?

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    You mean like when she raised cadavers for her undead army of rotting slaves using the transmode virus? Those new things?
    ****, she ain't building Nu Nova Roma!
    Last edited by ohsnapulon5000; 08-22-2019 at 11:30 AM.

Beast should go full supervillain. Though I'm not sure if that's even unpopular these days.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I don't get the Wolverine hate. Yes there have been times were he is everywhere but that is because he sells which is the purpose of these books. those are good news.

Sometimes he gets minis but those don't affect other characters, nobody is losing anything for him because those other books would probably not exist without him.

Wolverine's problem appearing in many places is that he is a character with quite different interpretations. It's not like Spider-man or Batman who have more or less clear rules.

That means that in the same month you can have six different appearances of Logan and that he looks like completely different characters. That generates inconsistencies.

TL; DR: The problem is not that Logan appears in many comics, it's that he has such different characterizations.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I don't get the Wolverine hate. Yes there have been times were he is everywhere but that is because he sells which is the purpose of these books. those are good news.

Sometimes he gets minis but those don't affect other characters, nobody is losing anything for him because those other books would probably not exist without him.
    He's not my favorite, but I don't hate him. I hate how the character is used at times - with the writers insisting that the rest of the X-Men are merely his Uncanny Semi-competent sidekicks who are lost without him (looking at YOU, WatX and FoX-Men) but that's the fault of the writers (or possibly producers/editors) and not the character. The character himself is actually rather compelling, at least when he isn't forced into being all things to all readers. Again, that's the fault of people in the real world and not anyone on panel.
    Dark does not mean deep.

The issue I have with Wolverine is his trope: Wolverine Publicity. Where a character shows up in a comic story, regardless of whether is makes sense or helps the story, just to sell more. It shows a level of creative failure on the part of the writers that they didn't feel like their story could stand on its own merits, so they shoe horn Wolverine into the story to try and get people's attention.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    The issue I have with Wolverine is his trope: Wolverine Publicity. Where a character shows up in a comic story, regardless of whether is makes sense or helps the story, just to sell more. It shows a level of creative failure on the part of the writers that they didn't feel like their story could stand on its own merits, so they shoe horn Wolverine into the story to try and get people's attention.
    I miss the old Madripoor Wolverine stories those were the best. He had a recurring cast of allies and his stories were separated from the X-Teams and back then he wasn't even on the Avengers. Wolverine can be a really compelling character with the right writer but they need to stop using him on so many books. He should have one solo and one team book and that's more than enough and it allows the writer on his solo series to really focus on a good story for Wolverine because they only have one other team book to worry about syncing up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Beast should go full supervillain. Though I'm not sure if that's even unpopular these days.
    I totally agree!

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    HEAVY.

A lot of this treads into themes outside X-Men but hell what doesn't? Rachel was turned into a dinosaur.

Add more meat to this beast. I want to read it.
    Rachel being turned into a dinosaur, <sigh> I really hated that story. Someday I want Rachel to go and beat the living crap out of Wolverine and start yelling at him "You stabbed me in the f*****g stomach you *******!" And if Ahab ever shows up again I want Rachel to take a piece of rebar and put it through his head using her TK. She has nearly god like telekinesis just pick up something sharp and heavy and put it through his head, problem solved!

In reality Rachel and Jean would be absolutely frightening with the power of their TK, it's even more frightening than Magneto because they aren't even restricted by metal. They could shatter a house and take all the wood shards and literally tear someone to pieces with it. Both of them have demonstrated that they can create immensely powerful TK shields around themselves so I am sure they could easily redirect bullets shot at them. When Rachel woke up in Stryfe's citadel at the end of X-Force she blew the entire citadel apart and nearly killed everyone, then she crushed Stryfe into the ground and she was going to squish his head into mush until her brother stopped her.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Rachel being turned into a dinosaur, <sigh> I really hated that story. Someday I want Rachel to go and beat the living crap out of Wolverine and start yelling at him "You stabbed me in the f*****g stomach you *******!" And if Ahab ever shows up again I want Rachel to take a piece of rebar and put it through his head using her TK. She has nearly god like telekinesis just pick up something sharp and heavy and put it through his head, problem solved!

In reality Rachel and Jean would be absolutely frightening with the power of their TK, it's even more frightening than Magneto because they aren't even restricted by metal. They could shatter a house and take all the wood shards and literally tear someone to pieces with it. Both of them have demonstrated that they can create immensely powerful TK shields around themselves so I am sure they could easily redirect bullets shot at them. When Rachel woke up in Stryfe's citadel at the end of X-Force she blew the entire citadel apart and nearly killed everyone, then she crushed Stryfe into the ground and she was going to squish his head into mush until her brother stopped her.
    This is what TK can do

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    This. If the book fails without Wolverine, it's because writers didn't make a solid effort. Again, relying on gimmicks rather than trying to make story & other characters compelling.

Wolverine didn't start off popular. He became that way because effort was made with him. Other characters have that same potential, but don't get a push because Marvel doesn't half way care about them. So they get half-assed writing, and how can fans be expected to care when even the writer doesn't?

Greg Pak's Weapon X was an example for me. It had a Wolverine in it, and still didn't do well. Then Pak himself said that the book fell under the radar (meaning nobody cared lol) so he had more freedom to do whatever. Then later he shoehorned in X-23 and Deadpool as guest stars, who did nothing, and didn't miraculously rescue the book's sales. Better writing could've done that, but Pak didn't seem to give a damn about anyone in the cast. So everyone was bland as action figures.

So some fans will get frustrated at Wolverine being used to prop up books while other characters orbit around him as decorations.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 08-22-2019 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    This is what TK can do

On a side note I saw Captain Marvel appears to be breaking bad this fall. I kind of hope Rachel does too. She's been through so much crap. I don't even want her to get the Phoenix Force, I just want her to decide to piss everyone off and start wearing the Dark Phoenix costume and go on a serious rage rampage through the Marvel Universe. Some villain pisses her off and she does to him what she was going to do to Stryfe and just goes ahead and turns him into mush on the ground.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Yeah, after all his betrayals and mad-doctors experiments, I don't even understand how he is still a X-men.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !