Page 185 of 657 FirstFirst ... 85135175181182183184185186187188189195235285 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,775 of 9846
    Spectacular Member

While I am enjoying HOX/POX as a storyline, I do not like that the X-Men have strayed so far from Xavier's dream of humans and mutants living together in harmony. I have always seen mutants as a fundamentally human. They have jobs, they go shopping, they have human families. They are outcasts in this world, yet they are just as much a part of it, as anyone else. Now that they have become a cult or "society", I do not identify with them anymore. If anything, such separatism brings to mind countries like Russia, North Korea and Iran. Maybe that was Hickman's aim? I don't know...

4 hot takes :

-Nightcrawler is the most underrated X-men of all.
    - Denny Hopeless is a good writer who was given horrible series to work on.
    - Making a character darker or a jerkass is not giving depth to this character.
    - The X-men comics are at their lowest when they focus on the survival on mutantkind or actions to cohabitate with humans and at their best when they are a group of heroes protecting a world that hate them no matter what. (I like hickman's run so far, though.)

Unpopular here I come.

For Xavier's case, he was always kind of a jerk, even in the 60's but, the last 20 years has been nonstop craping on the character. The fact we have been deprived from insight look on the thoughts of the characters make them cold and antipathic.

Spectacular Member

1. Jubilee is criminally underused , see her as Vertigo in Team X 2000 , She should have been a full time X-Men before Chamber , Husk and M tbh.

2. The School Format being Open-ended is tired and has always been tired , creating new youth every few moths is a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Jacket View Post
    Funny because The Days of Future past movie gets a lot of praise too without featuring an actual x-men team
    DoFP gets a lot of praise for A) The return of MacKellan and Stewart B) That one Quicksilver scene they milked to death and C) A decent script executed by solid actors

It was a decent action movie, but never felt like an "X-Men" movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Jacket View Post
    For Xavier's case, he was always kind of a jerk, even in the 60's but, the last 20 years has been nonstop craping on the character. The fact we have been deprived from insight look on the thoughts of the characters make them cold and antipathic.
    I don't think Xavier is a jerk (Hickman's Xavier seems like someone totally different to me, though).
    But the idea that — someone straightforward is better, no matter what he does, than someone that isn't — is rather strange to me. The fact that we don't have access to his thoughts doesn't help to understand his motives, and, I agree, he was more sympathetic when it was the case. However, thought bubbles are not necessary if you can understand why they act the way they do. I feel like an outsider and am not very interested by the story when it's not the case.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Controversial opinion: Old Man Logan was brought to the 616 because Marvel is terrified of the concept of going more than a month without a Wolverine comic in some manner. They also caved to MRAs bemoaning Laura holding the Wolverine title.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Controversial opinion: Old Man Logan was brought to the 616 because Marvel is terrified of the concept of going more than a month without a Wolverine comic in some manner. They also caved to MRAs bemoaning Laura holding the Wolverine title.
    yeah I agree, and I thought Laura was a great wolverine, I was sad they made her go back to being X-23, like seriously let the girl have a different name, not her detention centre name.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    That seems like a fact more than anything. He was treated like Wolverine to the point other characters were talking to or about him like he was regular Logan.

Extraordinary Member

Apparently, I'm wrong for finding HOX insanely creepy and disturbing.

Also, AXIS is a great event and we were too hard on Rick Remender.

Main series AXIS does have several cool moments which put it above CWII's delays and scoobly-boobly second half but

Remender
    and
    The Art
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Apparently, I'm wrong for finding HOX insanely creepy and disturbing.

Also, AXIS is a great event and we were too hard on Rick Remender.
    I got the feeling AXIS wasn't the story Remender wanted to tell, but had to get something out since Secret Wars was about to hit.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Main series AXIS does have several cool moments which put it above CWII's delays and scoobly-boobly second half but

Remender
    and
    The Art
    Some of the art was good. And it gave us some really fun moments like Apocalypse ripping Deadpool's head off...only for it to turn into Apocalypse wearing Deadpool's head on his belt in a bizarrely cute moment.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    That seems like a fact more than anything. He was treated like Wolverine to the point other characters were talking to or about him like he was regular Logan.
    Hell, just about the only person in OR out of universe who understood the Old Man wasn't Prime Logan was Laura herself.

Marvel should NEVER have brought him into the main verse.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Hell, just about the only person in OR out of universe who understood the Old Man wasn't Prime Logan was Laura herself.

Marvel should NEVER have brought him into the main verse.
    And it takes them 12 issues to get rid off him. I wonder if many are even taking Dead Man Logan seriously -though the title implies it's not serious lol. It it doesn't conclude until Dawn of X starts.

ON another note, Old Logan didn't get he wasn't prime Logan. Didn't he once say to a 616 character "She's not your Jean"? She's not his Jean either since she was dead by the time he showed up. Or Rosenberg's mess known as Phoenix Resurrection, where I think the Jean scene took place, Creed asks if Kitty hates him for talking during her speech, and Logan replies "she already hated you." As if he's an expert on Kitty. Granted I am sure Kitty does hate Creed, but Old Logan isn't someone I'd expect to know these characters better than the other 616 counterparts.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 09-21-2019 at 08:37 PM.

BANNED

I think AXIS was deeply stupid, but I really dig a majority of Rick Remender's work and think he takes too much stick from fans.

Laura needs to stay Wolverine, complete with costume. There can be two.