Page 423 of 669 FirstFirst ... 323373413419420421422423424425426427433473523 ... LastLast
Results 6,331 to 6,345 of 10028

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Marsden's strength in comedies would make him perfect for the MCU, but they've moved on. Maybe he can come back as Senator Kelly.
    Or he could play Corsair!
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Bland is the last thing I would call 2000-2015 Cyclops. Dude spent that whole time actively subverting his Boy Scout past. Even before that he was still interesting, just not a traditionally cool character like Wolverine.
    that Cyclops felt incredible juvenile to me. It's like he was finally going though the angsty rebellions teenage phase that he skipped when he was actually a teenager.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Or he could play Corsair!
    Now that I could go for. I can see him playing older rugged space pirate with comedic quips

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Now that I could go for. I can see him playing older rugged space pirate with comedic quips
    As long as there's plenty of shirtless scenes with Hepzibah.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Yeah that is pretty perfect casting.

All-New Member

Oh I got some unpopular opinions for ya *cracks knuckles*

- The Rogue/Magneto relationship is creepy AF. He's mentally in his 80's and she's in her 20's. They have nothing in common and have no chemistry.

- Mystique is a rapist. Yep. Rape by deception is still rape (I'm looking at you, Soule's Astonishing X-men).

- Why do writers always pair characters based on a flirtation decades ago? Think outside the box. There are endless pairing alternatives now. Nightcrawler/Blink, Forge/Moira, Anole/Chamber, Bishop/Boom Boom, Shadowcat/Rachel (ok they're an old "couple", but dammit, make them official!) Get weird, Marvel!

- I miss the silly one-off plots the X-men used to do in the 80's. Gender swaps, body swaps, de-aging...I love that cheese. The baseball issues are not enough.

- How are there so many books and so little character development? People don't love Cannonball because he can propel his body. We love him because he's a good, loyal, kind dude who loves his family and teammates.

- I don’t enjoy Tini Howard as a writer, her characters are one dimensional and boring, and I don't understand how she gets so many books. Bring Kelly Thompson back to the X-books!

- WHY are the X-men trusting villains nowadays?? Why are people following Apocalypse without question????

- Also, why are the X-men following this whole Krakoa "Quiet Council" bs to begin with? Are they all brainwashed? I can't stand the comics these days specifically for that reason.

This one isn't unpopular, but Nightcrawler is a sweet connamon roll, and I love him.

*Sigh* Ok, come at me, internet.
    Last edited by Mazzidazs; 02-17-2021 at 08:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazzidazs View Post
    [B]
    - I don’t enjoy Tini Howard as a writer, her characters are one dimensional and boring, and I don't understand how she gets so many books. Bring Kelly Thompson back to the X-books!
    thats not unpopular

All-New Member

lol glad I'm not the only one. I just....I just don't get why she's a main writer. I doubt it's because they lack good female talent. Kelly Thompson is a shining example of a fantastic female writer who understands dialogue and characterization.

- WHY are the X-men trusting villains nowadays?? Why are people following Apocalypse without question????

- Also, why are the X-men following this whole Krakoa "Quiet Council" bs to begin with? Are they all brainwashed? I can't stand the comics these days specifically for that reason.
    1.) The X-Men have always trusted villains. Rogue, Mystique, Sabretooth, Lady Mastermind, Magneto, Emma, etc. all had stints on the team well before the Krakoa era.

2.) Do you not follow the government of the country you live in? Also, there are no X-Men at present.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    1.) The X-Men have always trusted villains. Rogue, Mystique, Sabretooth, Lady Mastermind, Magneto, Emma, etc. all had stints on the team well before the Krakoa era.

2.) Do you not follow the government of the country you live in? Also, there are no X-Men at present.
    I should have specified. Mr. Sinister and Apocalypse. Sinister is essentially Dr. Mangele. He's murdered and experimented on hundreds if not thousands, incited the mutant massacre, among many many other unconscionable things, yet they only punish Sabertooth? And Apocalypse....can you explain why they trust him all of a sudden??

As for #2: I frequently question my government. They are faaar from perfect and shouldn't have complete control over anyone. The mutants are giving creepy cult vibes. It just doesn't feel like the X-men anymore, you know, the main reason I bought the comics. If the book is still called "X-men" they are the X-men.

I should have specified. Mr. Sinister and Apocalypse. Sinister is essentially Dr. Mangele. He's murdered and experimented on hundreds if not thousands, incited the mutant massacre, among many many other unconscionable things, yet they only punish Sabertooth? And Apocalypse....can you explain why they trust him all of a sudden??

As for #2: I frequently question my government. They are faaar from perfect and shouldn't have complete control over anyone. The mutants are giving creepy cult vibes. It just doesn't feel like the X-men anymore, you know, the main reason I bought the comics. If the book is still called "X-men" they are the X-men.
    Not everyone trusts Sinister but he is needed for the resurrections. Several characters have questioned and challenged him but so far he is technically playing by the rules

Apocalypse has also had mutants that challenged him. He was on the QC bc its better to have him as an ally than enemy

They dont feel like X-men bc they arent X-men. Thats a current plot point. Jean and Scott are trying to revive the X-men bc they feel Krakoa needs a heroic face to fight for them

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Wrong. The X-men gave a hard time to villains. They came to accept people who were villains after a phase of redemption…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Tini Howard's Excalibur is good.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I can agree with this.
    So far, I've enjoyed it more than I've hated it...there were some very loathsome moments...and I'm still intrigued to see where she's taking it.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Definitely an unpopular opinion.