Page 494 of 657 FirstFirst ... 394444484490491492493494495496497498504544594 ... LastLast
Results 7,396 to 7,410 of 9845
    Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Now that we are out of the editorially mandated franchise assassination the future will be sorely decided by the best selling strategy, any shitty storyline direction will be easily rejected by low sales and fans reactions
    Well I certainly hope that "The X-Men are immortal super deities with infinite power and zero stakes" doesn't last too long. People thought death was cheap in comics before, with the X-Men it's literally worthless.

One could also argue the X-Men being elite cosmopolitan supergods undercuts the minority metaphors. "Racially destined rulers of the earth" doesn't quite match up.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Well I certainly hope that "The X-Men are immortal super deities with infinite power and zero stakes" doesn't last too long. People thought death was cheap in comics before, with the X-Men it's literally worthless.

One could also argue the X-Men being elite cosmopolitan supergods undercuts the minority metaphors. "Racially destined rulers of the earth" doesn't quite match up.
    People see different things, it’s all a matter of perspective
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

I'm just saying if they can terraform planets then like nothing logically should be preventing Magneto from flying to Orchis, drop a meteor on them and wipe them out. It's not like they care about the kill no man law unless people can actually catch them doing it.

Astonishing Member

Terraform plants for stupid flexes are a wast of time. I dosent matter how much mutants can accomplish as a nation if they let there citizens fall through the cracks and repeat the same mistwks as the human.

At least Duggans team is something resembling the pre-2019 X-Men ideals, that maybe they aren't Racially Pure Superior Ubermensch.

The worst parts of this run are when characters uncharacteristically espouse the strengths of innate racial superiority, especially ones who up till Hickmans run started were opposed to that idea but now magically are not.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

If the regent so acting in place of the king or queen, who's Earth's regent acting in place of?
    Well, exactatiously...as there is no "King of Earth" the title itself will not mean "king", acting or otherwise.

It's always best to wait and see what transpires before making such bold statements. As nothing in PS:XM says the X-Men is making themselves Rulers of Earth.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

At least Duggans team is something resembling the pre-2019 X-Men ideals, that maybe they aren't Racially Pure Superior Ubermensch.

The worst parts of this run are when characters uncharacteristically espouse the strengths of innate racial superiority, especially ones who up till Hickmans run started were opposed to that idea but now magically are not.
    I just don’t see anything other then the next step in human evolution finally playing their cards right, the issue here is humanity’s constant need to bring genocide upon his own children along multiple realities iterations.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Terraform plants for stupid flexes are a wast of time. I dosent matter how much mutants can accomplish as a nation if they let there citizens fall through the cracks and repeat the same mistwks as the human.
    I like that Way of X seems to be taking a look at exactly that problem, as Krakoa runs the risk of turning into an extremely stratified society where your position and privilige depend on how useful your genes are to the state. Sure, all mutants got to vote on who should be on the new X-Men team, but all the truly important decisions are left to the Council and the Omegas, while the "commoners" are expected to fall in line and trust in their betters to know what's best for them.

I just don’t see anything other then the next step in human evolution finally playing their cards right, the issue here is humanity’s constant need to bring genocide upon his own children along multiple realities iterations.
    You don't think the X-Mens turn from "no race is superior to any other" to "racial purity and superiority is the most important thing in the world" isnt a bit of a 180?

You don't think the X-Mens turn from "no race is superior to any other" to "racial purity and superiority is the most important thing in the world" isnt a bit of a 180?
    They just decided to save children and mutant civilians by retreating to a safe heaven, being brought multiple times to the verge of extinctions tends to force this kind of survival strategies

And also reversed their core ideology in the process. Hopefully the endgame towards the Hickman run will include at the least the actual X-Men team rejecting the racial supremacy angle, even if the X-Men franchise keeps going for it.

And also reversed their core ideology in the process. Hopefully the endgame towards the Hickman run will include at the least the actual X-Men team rejecting the racial supremacy angle, even if the X-Men franchise keeps going for it.
    It’s a personal choice as always and the x-men as a group never embrace anything of the sort, the good guys are still good

It’s a personal choice as always and the x-men as a group never embrace anything of the sort, the good guys are still good
    Well, ostensibly. We did have Storm literally comparing humans to insects in X-Men/Man-Thing, and that was her comparison to talk the Council out of letting all the humans be murdered.

Well, ostensibly. We did have Storm literally comparing humans to insects in X-Men/Man-Thing, and that was her comparison to talk the Council out of letting all the humans be murdered.
    See, nothing to worry there, Storms loves all kind of creatures equally and I see humans compared to insects all the time when I watch nat geo documentaries

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Where and when exactly has any X-Man said anything like "racial purity and superiority is the most important thing in the world"?