Page 373 of 655 FirstFirst ... 273323363369370371372373374375376377383423473 ... LastLast
Results 5,581 to 5,595 of 9824
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    If it happens, instead of Kitty being the leader it'll be Logan and the movie will end with him walking away from Jean at the alter realizing he's no good for her.
    Lolz ,I'd pay to watch that

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Like I said, they have no reason to repeat what Fox already did, and every reason not to. I'm not saying it will be drastic changes, though-Spider-Man wasn't so different after all- just will probably start with a new villain and new location, with a few different touches here and there.
    I may be in the minority ,but I agree no need to regress to the mansion.What they should do is tease Magneto and Xavier being on off friends that made an alliance before the film.Xavier being a telepath got rich and influential pushing people's thoughts to forge a mutant enclave recognised as an autonomous state.So has Magneto being defence honcho. Start Krakoa off and tell the genesis through brief flashbacks.Just don't do the living island thing yet, also don't dive into Moira lore unless maybe seeding through the film that Xavier keeps meeting Destiny and revering her advice, as she guided him to his current path.Just say some mutants like Elixir or Black Tom provide healing or nourishment when called upon. Leave the protocol stuff to Sinister and the Hellfire club that has humans nervous and scared but state that Krakoa isn't part of that.Just make Magneto and Xavier allies perhaps Logan,Scott ,Jean can be council members (make it a council of 8 figures)but facing off against a brotherhood headed by Exodus, or Mikhail Rasputin. There are plenty of X-villains to explore down the line,Selene,Apocalypse,Proteus etc.That way you'd have a little bit of new and a good dose of classic lore. Even in this state Krakoa can have enemies at state level, tech corporation level, other mutants.Nothing has to change it's not like the 'hated feared' label goes poof once they are living on an island.A lot of this story can be explored and expanded in a whole arc
    Last edited by Rev9; 10-21-2020 at 04:06 AM.

Astonishing Member

"Dark/Evil" Xavier is a really overrated concept.

It's the same BS that keeps Cyclops and Wolverine on the same team no matter how much they disagree with each other.

BANNED

People think movie Cyke is whiny?

I don't know that I would say that. I think people just view the movie version as not as cool as many of the other characters, rather than him just being awful like in book canon.

There is just way too much work needed to adapt the current Krakoa status quo in my opinion. One of the biggest things that the MCU has had over DC's pitiable attempt at a shared film universe is that people came to care about the central cast of characters. I think it would get in the way of properly adapting Cyclops, Storm, Jean, and so many other X-Men that got the short end of the stick in the Fox films.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    There is just way too much work needed to adapt the current Krakoa status quo in my opinion. One of the biggest things that the MCU has had over DC's pitiable attempt at a shared film universe is that people came to care about the central cast of characters. I think it would get in the way of properly adapting Cyclops, Storm, Jean, and so many other X-Men that got the short end of the stick in the Fox films.
    Yeah I think they could do the barebones of having Krakoa being home to a mutant community, but none of the resurrection or allying with villains stuff would land.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Yeah I think they could do the barebones of having Krakoa being home to a mutant community, but none of the resurrection or allying with villains stuff would land.
    Yes, that would only happen later on, I think, specially the villains part. But the aesthetic and the sentient island thing could probably play out from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    "Dark/Evil" Xavier is a really overrated concept.
    One of the things I hate about all of Xavier's "dark secrets" and that most of the time they're retconed into the past. We never see Xavier do anything bad. We learn he did it a long time ago in flashbacks. There's no character buildup. There can't be. The stories weren't written with having made that choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    One of the things I hate about all of Xavier's "dark secrets" and that most of the time they're retconed into the past. We never see Xavier do anything bad. We learn he did it a long time ago in flashbacks. There's no character buildup. There can't be. The stories weren't written with having made that choice.
    The writers were more interested by guilt-ridden Xavier than Xavier facing a dilemma (the current Xavier doesn’t seem to have much a problem about this…).

The loneliness of the chief taking hard decisions and having to face alone the consequences… well, it’s a theme.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

But I'm not sure I've ever seen this "guilty dark Xavier" well written. They were mostly exploitive and plot-driven retcons.

I think Juggernaut looks less villainous than Xavier these days.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 10-22-2020 at 11:02 PM.

Been lurking since '08 Marik Swift's Avatar

Here's probably the most controversial opinion ever:

I'm for Laura being a prostitute.

Now how Quesada did it with the whole child prositution was definitely bad. I legit don't know how the Hell Marvel let him write that (even during those less PC times) and how he hasn't been cancelled for doing that, but the idea of Laura making a living as a prostitute is something I'm for.

There are just far too many privileged and rich characters in running around in comics. Everyone is a CEO, a lawyer, a doctor, etc, and in the case of the X-Men, some of them have never worked a day in their life due Xavier's wealth.

Then there's also the fact that I feel like Laura would suffer from "survivor's guilt". She managed to get out of being a super soldier at a young age, but I feel like she would feel guilty at the fact that there are a lot of people out there in the world who never managed to get out of whatever harsh lifestyle they are in.

I also think she would want to be a working class citizen who actually tries to help the down and distraughted. That she would actually want to help these people, rather than being like the various super teams who essentially protect the world at large but don't actually do anything for the little people cause they don't understand what it's like to be a little person (Laura being short, no pun intended).

It's controversial, but I feel like people are just quick to look down on these kind of people/professions. These aren't people who are beneath human or anything. They are people who got an unfavorable hand in life. There are children in Africa starving not for anything they did, but simply cause that's how the world works. I always put myself in other people's shoes, cause that could have just as easily been me. Everybody has a role to play in this life and the roles could have just as easily been reversed for all of us.

So I would love to see Laura actually make a legit career out of prostitution cause she definitely is the type who wouldnt like to feel privileged and want to be actually struggle like so many other people out there.
    Last edited by Marik Swift; 10-22-2020 at 11:56 AM.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Well if we're just throwing hand grenades:

X-Men Evolution Rogue is the best and my favorite version of Rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Well if we're just throwing hand grenades:

X-Men Evolution Rogue is the best and my favorite version of Rogue.
    She is mine too. Love that series.

Quote Originally Posted by Marik Swift View Post
    Here's probably the most controversial opinion ever:

I'm for Laura being a prostitute.

Now how Quesada did it with the whole child prositution was definitely bad. I legit don't know how the Hell Marvel let him write that (even during those less PC times) and how he hasn't been cancelled for doing that, but the idea of Laura making a living as a prostitute is something I'm for.

There are just far too many privileged and rich characters in running around in comics. Everyone is a CEO, a lawyer, a doctor, etc, and in the case of the X-Men, some of them have never worked a day in their life due Xavier's wealth.

Then there's also the fact that I feel like Laura would suffer from "survivor's guilt". She managed to get out of being a super soldier at a young age, but I feel like she would feel guilty at the fact that there are a lot of people out there in the world who never managed to get out of whatever harsh lifestyle they are in.

I also think she would want to be a working class citizen who actually tries to help the down and distraughted. That she would actually want to help these people, rather than being like the various super teams who essentially protect the world at large but don't actually do anything for the little people cause they don't understand what it's like to be a little person (Laura being short, no pun intended).

It's controversial, but I feel like people are just quick to look down on these kind of people/professions. These aren't people who are beneath human or anything. They are people who got an unfavorable hand in life. There are children in Africa starving not for anything they did, but simply cause that's how the world works. I always put myself in other people's shoes, cause that could have just as easily been me. Everybody has a role to play in this life and the roles could have just as easily been reversed for all of us.

So I would love to see Laura actually make a legit career out of prostitution cause she definitely is the type who wouldnt like to feel privileged and want to be actually struggle like so many other people out there.
    Yeah this was definitely controversial. Idk I just feel like you would have to cut off a lot of Laura's connections to make this story work. She can't have any connections to the school or Logan because they would definitely financially support her. It's also hard for her to be Gabby's guardian if she's so financially strapped that she has to do sex work. I think the only middle ground would be to have her have an OnlyFans account (still doesn't 100% sit right with me, but I think it's more realistic).