Page 197 of 205 FirstFirst ... 97147187193194195196197198199200201 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,955 of 3069
  1. #2941
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    547

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Jeeper 2.0 View Post
    They can still go out in the world and live. Krakoa offers a sanctuary and a safe space from man's violence. No one is being forced to live there.
    We already know that Charles is not that altruistic...some of the shit he's pulled over the years ranks right up there with the bad guys.

    So...what is to stop him from deciding they really need a certain mutant and psychically manipulating them. Or using their cloning process and after the mind is implanted from Cerebro altering memories.

    All for the 'Greater Good'.

  2. #2942
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,965

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    We already know that Charles is not that altruistic...some of the shit he's pulled over the years ranks right up there with the bad guys.

    So...what is to stop him from deciding they really need a certain mutant and psychically manipulating them. Or using their cloning process and after the mind is implanted from Cerebro altering memories.

    All for the 'Greater Good'.
    The writer.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

  3. #2943
    Incredible Member Force de Phenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    708

    Default

    Hickman contributed a lot to inhuman history/lore by adding universal inhumans (in his FF days) and letting everyone know there were inhumans hidden amongst humans(expanding Kirby's story). I doubt that he doesn't know that he's blurred the lines since he wrote for both species.

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Viewing themselves as superior to everyone else, having a separate country of their own, emphasis on unusual culture and practices.
    The inhumans created Attilan, Utolan, and Orollan to escape hate and persecution from humans. They lived in Attilan without human discrimination and made their own society for millennia. They were actually made to be slaves of the Kree.

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    a good chunk of Inhumans supported that decision (or at the very least were complacent about it) and didnt do anything about it until IvX despite knowing it was killing mutants for almost a year

    IA. People also hated them bc of the backstage politics with Marvel pushing the X-men down and giving many of their motiffs to the Inhumans as a way to pseudo-replace them
    I never bought the replacement thing because people like the X-Men for their characters and their stories. Some see the allegories, but most love Jean's power, Logan's manliness, etc. They've been everywhere for decades and had movies, shows, and comics lined up. I couldn't imagine new random characters were going to threaten all of that. People hated comics during their push because of "SJW." The irony.

    Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    You know it isn't though. Attilan doesn't engage in political and trade agreements. Nor did they seek United Nations acceptance.
    They did/do engage in diplomacy whenever they came into contact with humans, which wanted to usually steal Attilan's technology/Terrigen.

  4. #2944
    Astonishing Member DurararaFTW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Jeeper 2.0 View Post
    They can still go out in the world and live. Krakoa offers a sanctuary and a safe space from man's violence. No one is being forced to live there.
    Well, Sabretooth is.

  5. #2945
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,862

    Default

    I know that before Hickman's involvement the Inhumans had different reason for isolating themselves besides the flatscans' hate. There was the health concern which was why Crystal went back to the Great Refuge after her first FF stint and there was the Kree creeping about. Plus the Inhumans needed to be close to the Terrigen as much as possible.
    "Cable was right!"

  6. #2946
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    1,609

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    Well, Sabretooth is.
    Are the X-Men fascists for.... jailing someone who murdered their political enemies?

  7. #2947
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    490

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Are the X-Men fascists for.... jailing someone who murdered their political enemies?
    Did they leave much choice about how dealing with a murderer who perpetrated a crime abroard?
    " something strong and soft and green,
    thrusting through the dead and petrified grayness."
    Alan Moore.

    If I offended you, be assured that it wasn't my intention. English is not my first language.

  8. #2948
    Incredible Member Force de Phenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    708

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I know that before Hickman's involvement the Inhumans had different reason for isolating themselves besides the flatscans' hate. There was the health concern which was why Crystal went back to the Great Refuge after her first FF stint and there was the Kree creeping about. Plus the Inhumans needed to be close to the Terrigen as much as possible.
    The pollution thing came about in the 80's, and the inhumans came out in 1965.

    But Kirby did the whole isolation thing to escape human persecution and the Jae Lee series did it. They've always been hated by humans. People don't confuse them for no reason.

  9. #2949
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    547

    Default

    How many mutants on that island now have killed indiscriminately in the past...but now are given a free pass...but Creed is not just because he killed on the operation they sent him on.

    Sinister sent the Marauders out to kill the Morlocks. Apocalypse has killed how many over the years because they 'weren't fit'. Gorgon worked with Hydra...how many notches on his gunbelt.

  10. #2950
    Kinky Lil' Canine Snoop Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    8,449

    Default

    "Amnesty to all villains, Erik."

    "Understandable, Charles. It would be hypocritical to not give men and women like myself a fresh start, too."

    "Hydra general Gorgon."

    *bites lip*
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark
    That's what I have over Beelzebub now, Honoka-chan. He thinks he's a third-year school idol. I know what I am. And in this fight-- that makes me INVINCIBLE!

  11. #2951
    Astonishing Member Beetle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,286

    Default

    Thor worked for Hydra like last month

  12. #2952
    Extraordinary Member spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    9,259

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Thor worked for Hydra like last month
    it was for a reason, a crap reason. not because he agreed with their ideology
    Zethrimon unblock me

  13. #2953
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    1,609

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    How many mutants on that island now have killed indiscriminately in the past...but now are given a free pass...but Creed is not just because he killed on the operation they sent him on.

    Sinister sent the Marauders out to kill the Morlocks. Apocalypse has killed how many over the years because they 'weren't fit'. Gorgon worked with Hydra...how many notches on his gunbelt.
    If they killed mutants they'll be brought back. If they killed humans good for em they should get promoted.

  14. #2954
    Spectacular Member Lapsus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    "Amnesty to all villains, Erik."

    "Understandable, Charles. It would be hypocritical to not give men and women like myself a fresh start, too."

    "Hydra general Gorgon."

    *bites lip*
    "Dont worry Erik, i will send wolverine to deliver him a beer, with an angry look."

  15. #2955
    Extraordinary Member TheCape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Venezuela
    Posts
    6,798

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    "Dont worry Erik, i will send wolverine to deliver him a beer, with an angry look."
    As Hush say, if Logan would have known what Gorgon did to Mariko while he was death, it wouldn't have been a beer what he would have given to him.

    Also Erik biggest sore point is probably Sinister, he is a nazi that Magneto has been tracking for years.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

    "I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •