Page 306 of 656 FirstFirst ... 206256296302303304305306307308309310316356406 ... LastLast
Results 4,576 to 4,590 of 9840
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Honestly, yeah, I kind of want one book out of the almost 10 book line to be closer to straight superheroics. The problem I have is that they all feel really similar with each other. And when everything they're doing is kinda-shady morally dubious 'national security' junk, it gets old. Plus it makes it harder to root for them, or at least see them as the good guys. Assholes vs. assholes is tough to make interesting for an extended time.

The debates and discussions can be really hit or miss. Making everything some grand moral quandary is exhausting. A lot of the philosophizing feels like bog standard sci-fi schlock, with an extra dose of pretension.
    that's a fair point I agree, but I suppose we have children of the atom comin

Extraordinary Member

One thing is that even during the Utopia era, before Wolverine took half the island with him, you still had books that were alternatives to Cyclops’ West coast plan. Like X-Factor.

Right now, every book is on the Krakoa side. With no alternatives.

You’d think at least one book would be more superheroics, or something to contrast the Krakoa regime.
    Last edited by Will Evans; 05-29-2020 at 08:38 PM.

yall let fallen angels flop

but jokes aside i think having all the books support krakoan ideology is more of a branding decision, bringing focus/cohesion to the franchise and all that. a lot of krakoa-questioning actually goes on through the line nevertheless tbh
    Last edited by houndsofluv; 05-29-2020 at 08:13 PM.

BANNED

Honestly, yeah, I kind of want one book out of the almost 10 book line to be closer to straight superheroics. The problem I have is that they all feel really similar with each other. And when everything they're doing is kinda-shady morally dubious 'national security' junk, it gets old. Plus it makes it harder to root for them, or at least see them as the good guys. Assholes vs. assholes is tough to make interesting for an extended time.

The debates and discussions can be really hit or miss. Making everything some grand moral quandary is exhausting. A lot of the philosophizing feels like bog standard sci-fi schlock, with an extra dose of pretension.
    An unpopular, but fresh opinion. I'm right there with ya, though I enjoy X-Force.

I hate how often the X-men have fallen into the "every mutant in the world does this or lives here" or "these are the two sides, every mutant in the world is on one of these two."

While I have no problems with the idea of a mutant country, I think moving every mutant you can think into to it is a horrible idea from a story telling point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I hate how often the X-men have fallen into the "every mutant in the world does this or lives here" or "these are the two sides, every mutant in the world is on one of these two."

While I have no problems with the idea of a mutant country, I think moving every mutant you can think into to it is a horrible idea from a story telling point of view.
    I totally agree, though I understand why they had to stick everyone on Krakoa to distinguish it from previous mutant islands. I think the problem would be alleviated if there was more focus on differing opinions/ sub-groups within Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post

To that point, a problem with the X line for a long time has been that its been in its own little corner of Marvel, and mutants basically didn't exist in other books. There were some exceptions, like Jubilee having an excellent part as a side character in Patsy Walker AKA Hellcat!. I feel that this has inadvertently doubled down on that, because now mutants who weren't even really associated with the X men much are all separated from their contacts and are on Krakoa. I was kind of hoping New Warriors would change that, but its kind of up in the air.

Fantastic Member

To that point, a problem with the X line for a long time has been that its been in its own little corner of Marvel, and mutants basically didn't exist in other books. There were some exceptions, like Jubilee having an excellent part as a side character in Patsy Walker AKA Hellcat!. I feel that this has inadvertently doubled down on that, because now mutants who weren't even really associated with the X men much are all separated from their contacts and are on Krakoa. I was kind of hoping New Warriors would change that, but its kind of up in the air.
    Thats an interesting point of view. I'm just the opposite I actually want the mutants in their own seperate universe so the more distant from the rest of Marvel the better. I think all the crossovers with other groups have not served the mutants well

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I totally agree, though I understand why they had to stick everyone on Krakoa to distinguish it from previous mutant islands. I think the problem would be alleviated if there was more focus on differing opinions/ sub-groups within Krakoa.
    There’s plenty of room for factions within an island nation. The UK can’t even agree on whether it should isolate itself from the modern world, or have non-stop plague parties during a pandemic.

Ultimate Member

I'm kinda hoping for New Mutants to be the book that gets away from Krakoa, a bit, since Cannonball and not Sunspot are off in Shiar space, about as far from all things Krakoa as one can get... (And it seems like Broo is going to get all cosmic, as well.)

We've already had Cyclops, Polaris, Wolverine, all the Fallen Angels, Gambit, the Morlocks and Nightcrawler question aspects of Krakoa. If there is no Civil War or Schism it seems that for you that is being passive.

Ultimate Member

My weird fanon of the moment;

The reason there is an open doorway between Logan, Jean and Scott's room on the moon has nothing to do with a poly relationship. (Scott, in particular, is too whitebread to even know what that means...)

It's 'cause Logan has terrible nightmares, and those two are the only two people (other than Kurt) who can snuggle with him and put a stop to them. (without getting stabinated, as Rogue did in the first X-Men movie)

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    My weird fanon of the moment;

The reason there is an open doorway between Logan, Jean and Scott's room on the moon has nothing to do with a poly relationship. (Scott, in particular, is too whitebread to even know what that means...)

It's 'cause Logan has terrible nightmares, and those two are the only two people (other than Kurt) who can snuggle with him and put a stop to them. (without getting stabinated, as Rogue did in the first X-Men movie)
    I have a theory that they are the first cell in a resistance group against Xavier a la The Moon is a Harsh Mistress, particularly with the luna setting, the clan family too.
    Still not convinced this isn’t the case. Or will be in the future.

Red Queen Kate is the best take on Kitty ever. Better than Claremont.

Although Bendis Uncanny X-Men had bad things, the tone of what "X-Men should do in the 21st century" and fighting the establishment is one of the best takes on the mutant metaphor.

Things like the ones America is experiencing right now are proof of how actual it feels.
    Last edited by Glio; 05-30-2020 at 12:33 PM.