Page 505 of 668 FirstFirst ... 5405455495501502503504505506507508509515555605 ... LastLast
Results 7,561 to 7,575 of 10015

It probably feels different being part of a flourishing global power than being on the brink of extinction, and thus his personality and approach have lightened accordingly, but hey.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    It probably feels different being part of a flourishing global power than being on the brink of extinction, and thus his personality and approach have lightened accordingly, but hey.
    I'm going with this. Because it's more plausible but also...sounds like 100% a more interesting characterisation than what we've been getting for...since forever. Scott's enjoying and living in the moment. He's happy. And I'm happy for him.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Houseofhick View Post
    What fanfiction is insulting?
    I am afraid I don't understand.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I'm going with this. Because it's more plausible but also...sounds like 100% a more interesting characterisation than what we've been getting for...since forever. Scott's enjoying and living in the moment. He's happy. And I'm happy for him.
    Fair enough.
    Just wish they addressed that stuff at least.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Just in a off-hand way then, like it’s not important… But if we like the characters, it’s for what they are, what they were. The memory is the person. Our memory of the person.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Fair enough.
    Enh. I'm with Scott on this one. I'm happily living in the moment. I don't need the writers taking up valuable page, panel and art space trying to ineffectively "address" AvX's utter and complete bull-shit, the Terrigen Mist horse-crap and any other gawd-awful storyline that grossly misused its characters, because the writers couldn't write a decent story if their lives depended on it.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Enh. I'm with Scott on this one. I'm happily living in the moment. I don't need the writers taking up valuable page, panel and art space trying to ineffectively "address" AvX's utter and complete bull-shit, the Terrigen Mist horse-crap and any other gawd-awful storyline that grossly misused its characters, because the writers couldn't write a decent story if their lives depended on it.
    AvX and IvX should end up in the sealed trashcan that hold "the crossing" as well. Better forget they ever happened and make them de facto out of continuity.

Fandom gate-keeping is disgusting.

What characterisation? Currently Cyclops is little more than Cable's father.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I believe one of the problems with Krakoa era is that itīs the main story right now on X-men books but itīs not an X-men story, itīs a story about mutants and mutantkind so the focus is not anymore on the X-men as a team or family but on the whole mutant situation and their wish to trive together as one people for one side and about Moira X, with Charles and Magneto plans for mutants. I see this as a natural response to decimation and X-men dissasembled but as a fan of the team and itīs characters itīs been a let down because he have seen them there but he have not seen their personal reasoning to support Krakoa when they traditionally opposed mutant homelands it makes sense for magneto and maybe some of the more grey-side X-men like X-force but for traditional X-men we need to see a personal logic to understand their take on the story and the situation.

So I hope with the new books like X-men, SWORD,Marauders, X-force we can get back that individual pov and characterization from traditional X-men while at the same time see the Krakoa story develop, because itīs story has been definitely painted as grey a mix of good and bad so itīs understable for fans to dislike their favorite characters having any link to it and still itīs an interesting story worth telling with itīs lights and shadows and right now I believe there are books for every fans, for those who just want to see their favorite characters be heros and for those who are interested on the Krakoa stroy.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 07-13-2021 at 03:29 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Misogynist? When he wrote strong female roles such as Jean, Ororo, Kitty and Moira?
    Im not commenting on what Claremont is or isnt but just bc he wrote those females, doesnt prevent him from being a misogynist. Whedon created and wrote some of the strongest female characters and well we know whats been revealed about him in terms of his views and how he moves about with women

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Accordingly is where we disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    AvX and IvX should end up in the sealed trashcan that hold "the crossing" as well. Better forget they ever happened and make them de facto out of continuity.
    I agree that those terrible narratives shouldn't have happened, but they did, and I won't forget the crap they put Scott through. This Stepford Scott that we've been given isn't some vast improvement and he's hardly being written with great characterization.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Um...okies...I guess?

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Accordingly is where we disagree.

I agree that those terrible narratives shouldn't have happened, but they did, and I won't forget the crap they put Scott through. This Stepford Scott that we've been given isn't some vast improvement and he's hardly being written with great characterization.
    This is fair and you have every right to think it. I too was, and is, a fan of revolutionary 'clops, and I do want to see a more proactive stance from him, but I don't view the current Scott as a "Stepford Scott". Part of it has to do with my own background and interpretation of events. In my opinion, from M-Day forward the mutants in general and Cyclops in particular have been operating more or less in a state of perpetual psychological (and frequently physical) trauma. Again in my opinion, Scott, more than most, as a result of the stress of leading during decimation and all of the things he felt he needed to do to keep his people alive. That trauma never really got better and usually just got worse, between extinction threats, cosmic threats, and the deeply personal wounds caused by deadly genesis, schism, AvX, and so on.

Now we get to Krakoa, and this doesn't wipe out that trauma like it never happened, but he's not constantly living in it. In fact, I would argue that if you look the cause of nearly every major trauma he's suffered has been "fixed". His people are back, protected and have what appears to him to be a bright future. His reputation has been restored (IvX was dog sh*t but it did wipe out the "mutant Hitler" crap), his wife and son have been restored (a young son who needs him, not old man cable), his father figure is back with a grand plan that fixes everything that Scott believes went wrong, the divisions in schism are forgotten, and most importantly he is still needed but not to be the grand leader.

Before we go overboard about all the fallacies keep in mind that I'm only talking about Scotts perspective, not the readers. He's like Atlas finally being able to put down his burden. This plays into my own background as I've spent the last 15 years working with people (kids) many of whom have suffered from significant trauma. I've seen that type of reaction, a lot, from people I've worked with trauma histories. It makes perfect sense to me that current Scott appears to be merrily whistling his way through without a care in the world. The thing is though that the trauma is still there, waiting for a trigger. Its not that he has suddenly gotten better, all of the issues, pain and trauma are still there but there's a metaphorical coat of paint obscuring them. A little bit more to remember, people who lived with trauma know how painful it was and generally don't want to feel that way and will frequently grasp on tenaciously to anything that makes them feel better. (One of the reasons people who have suffered trauma are so susceptible to drug and alcohol abuse)

This is true for way more than just Scott, its one of the reasons I had very little problem with how easily the X-Men went along with Xavier's plans. It really is a textbook trauma response. However, it won't last, cracks will start to show. I think we've started to see that in the X-line between Scott and Jean reforming the X-Men and Nightcrawler's exploration in way of X.

Like I said, it's just my own interpretation, could be wrong, but it does make sense to me.
    Last edited by Kisinith; 07-13-2021 at 09:14 PM.