Page 425 of 663 FirstFirst ... 325375415421422423424425426427428429435475525 ... LastLast
Results 6,361 to 6,375 of 9936

I always preferred the boy scout characters like Cap and Cyke. It was a real shocker back when Schism occurred and I found Wolverine the more relatable one, although to be fair, a lot of that groundwork was set by Claremont in his original run to position Wolverine as Xavier's greatest success story and the one who would carry on the mantle.
    I actually really enjoyed Schism. Cyclops was basically trying to be Wolverine, so Wolverine had to take on the Cyclops role, and neither were really good at it. (Although i do feel Wolverine worked better as a role model and mentor than Cyclops did as the bad boy.)

Let's see how this big moral center works when he's a teenager fighting with friends his age to avoid all of them getting killed or has in his hands the responsibility of saving his people from mass murder, all that while the world, and even some of his friends, hate his guts.
    You do remember he fought in World War II when he was just barely out of his teens right? And in his early days he didn't have nearly the amount of respect among his peers and his superiors that he would have after coming out of the ice. He may not have sent his own son away into the future, but he went himself into a future where almost everyone he knew was either long dead or ancient. Don't act like Cap's life has been easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Tini Howard's Excalibur is good.
    I've always felt that you were one of this forum's best members. This post confirms it.
    Excalibur is a good comic.

Quote Originally Posted by WildR View Post
    Bleedingcool has reported this drama lol, you can check it there
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/marv...man-marauders/
    I mean the characters in Marauders all have connection from way before Sina Grace Iceman was written, Sina played on that history to write the solo so I don't see how Duggan doing the same thing is somehow ripping him off. I know he has his grievances about his time at marvel but I highly doubt Hickman and Duggan was out to shamelessly plagiarise him.

Utopia era is better than this Krakoa era.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Stronger moral center? I disagree. Scott just seemed more willing to make personal sacrifices. Their means of leadership is generally different at times and Scott became used to being hated. Scott has his shortcomings, but so does Rogers.
    And Captain America didn't made personal sacrifices? Scott was willing to sarifice everyone except himself on the missions, he was even willing to kill his own son if he stood on the way. he became scary man, instead of a true leader

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    You do remember he fought in World War II when he was just barely out of his teens right? And in his early days he didn't have nearly the amount of respect among his peers and his superiors that he would have after coming out of the ice. He may not have sent his own son away into the future, but he went himself into a future where almost everyone he knew was either long dead or ancient. Don't act like Cap's life has been easy.
    He waked up decades later with all his friends dead (Buck survived but it was a recent retcon). His life wasn't a walk on the park
    Last edited by Rang10; 02-21-2021 at 12:30 PM.

Generals never sacrifice themselves physically on the battlefield or in the war, that's what the soldiers are for.

Quote Originally Posted by zvrk View Post
    Generals never sacrifice themselves physically on the battlefield or in the war, that's what the soldiers are for.
    Cyclops has many times over

That is just a poor excuse. Kings fought wars in the past

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    That is just a poor excuse. Kings fought wars in the past
    Politely disagree.

Plenty of things happened "In The Past..." that wouldn't make a whole lot of sense now.

Extraordinary Member

Leading by example is good, but if the leader bites it the army is screwed.

To give an extreme example, in New Mutants Dead Souls when the team is battling the Frost Giant in the arctic, most of them chicken out and run away, leaving Magik to fight it by herself, which she is more than willing to do. But as Rahne points out, being a leader in that context means not risking her life to fight the giant monster, but staying with her team to keep them together because they will all die without her since she's their only way out of the frozen arctic. In that context she can't risk her life. There are other points later in the series where she chooses to send her team away and risk her life by herself, but those are different situations where someone has to stay behind, she's the only one qualified, and sending them away is protecting them. Different situations call for different approaches. Cyclops during the Utopia period when he is the leader of all of mutantkind, the glue holding the species together, and the head of a quasi-state, cannot afford to take the same risks Cyclops the field leader of the X-Men or Cyclops the Captain Commander of Krakoa would take. Similarly, Captain America as field leader of the Avengers can take risks he would never take if he were to become president.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Leading by example is good, but if the leader bites it the army is screwed.

To give an extreme example, in New Mutants Dead Souls when the team is battling the Frost Giant in the arctic, most of them chicken out and run away, leaving Magik to fight it by herself, which she is more than willing to do. But as Rahne points out, being a leader in that context means not risking her life to fight the giant monster, but staying with her team to keep them together because they will all die without her since she's their only way out of the frozen arctic. In that context she can't risk her life. There are other points later in the series where she chooses to send her team away and risk her life by herself, but those are different situations where someone has to stay behind, she's the only one qualified, and sending them away is protecting them. Different situations call for different approaches. Cyclops during the Utopia period when he is the leader of all of mutantkind, the glue holding the species together, and the head of a quasi-state, cannot afford to take the same risks Cyclops the field leader of the X-Men or Cyclops the Captain Commander of Krakoa would take. Similarly, Captain America as field leader of the Avengers can take risks he would never take if he were to become president.
    but he did. Cyclops was fighting on the front lines alongside the other Xmen. He didnt just sit back and delegate. He risked his life throughout the Utopia era

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I actually really enjoyed Schism. Cyclops was basically trying to be Wolverine, so Wolverine had to take on the Cyclops role, and neither were really good at it. (Although i do feel Wolverine worked better as a role model and mentor than Cyclops did as the bad boy.)
    I think the role suited Logan better than it did Scott. His writing wasn't far off from how Claremont characterized him during the second half of the 80s. Scott was the one who felt completely OOC with his child soldiers and statements like "burn the witch." If it wasn't for the name and costume, I wouldn't even recognize Cyclops.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    but he did. Cyclops was fighting on the front lines alongside the other Xmen. He didnt just sit back and delegate. He risked his life throughout the Utopia era
    Yes, Cyclops was always fighting with his team, Beast was the only one not seeing it. Cyclops literally died in Breakworld for his plan to work, and Hank got pissed because he wasn't rescued sooner, lil bitch.

Plus, Cyclops was Right.
    Last edited by Ra-El; 02-21-2021 at 02:38 PM.

Utopia era is better than this Krakoa era.
    Totally agree with this

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    I think the role suited Logan better than it did Scott. His writing wasn't far off from how Claremont characterized him during the second half of the 80s. Scott was the one who felt completely OOC with his child soldiers and statements like "burn the witch." If it wasn't for the name and costume, I wouldn't even recognize Cyclops.
    Agree, specially with sacrificing people without telling them. Dude went almost full villain