Page 122 of 664 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132172222622 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 9956
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PoorStudent View Post

You're welcome everybody.
    Well, at least she is famous for something. It is better than nothing

Quote Originally Posted by PoorStudent View Post

You're welcome everybody.
    the way Xavier says “Jean...what a visceral memory. Weird. I remember being so pissed for the first like six episodes where Jean does nothing except stand behind Xavier’s wheelchair

BANNED

Chuck Austen's run isn't as bad as people say

Also I like Scott Lobdell as a writer.

And Andy and Adam Kubert are very underrated x-men artists. They kinda get overshadowed my Jim Lee, but I honestly like their work more.

(Yes I know that Lobdell and Kuberts were responsible for AOA/Onslaught, but their other comic work was great, Phalanx, Legion, Gen X, etc)

I preferred Asian-body-swapped Psylocke, but they never did a good story with it as far as I can remember. I liked how it happened in the Ultimate Universe: when Betsy is possessed by Xavier's evil son, her body is killed but her mind takes over and inhabits the comatose body of an Asian girl nearby. Doing a body swap in this way creates a lot of story potential: the ethical issues of effectively erasing another consciousness, fear of dying and the desperation to cheat death, drama with the loved ones of the new body you're inhabiting, adjustment to a body that isn't your own, where all of your instincts would be wrong, etc.

I get the controversy over the change in ethnicity, but I still think the body swap dynamic is interesting.
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

Extraordinary Member

X-Men peaked with Claremont.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    X-Men peaked with Claremont.
    Contrary-wise, as long tenured as Claremont was his writing has never been anything amazingly special.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

The Hickman hype is way overblown. This is a great story so far but I enjoyed X Man Gold by Guggenheim more and think that is better. I’m getting hate for thinking this. But I’m sorry... I think X Books have been great for a long time. This narrative that they have been bad for 20 years is absolute garbage.

X-Men peaked with Lee/Kirby. As is the destiny of all things.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I don't know where X-men peaked but I enjoyed reading X-men comics when I was a child with Claremont's run. I sometimes enjoy reading X-men comics even now. But I don't enjoy Hickman run.
    It's just a matter of pleasure.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

I think the X-men line in the '90s was the only terrible thing about the '90s.
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    The Hickman hype is way overblown. This is a great story so far but I enjoyed X Man Gold by Guggenheim more and think that is better. I’m getting hate for thinking this. But I’m sorry... I think X Books have been great for a long time. This narrative that they have been bad for 20 years is absolute garbage.
    It's a minority opinion, but I have seen others who agree things were over-hyped, or that it's good but not as good as others make it out to be.

For now, I haven't been blown away. But I don't fault anyone on that. My taste has always been specific and in the minority. POX 1 + HOX 2 hasn't included any characters I care about or like, so last 2 weeks have been slow as Age of X for me. I liked seeing Krakoa & current X-Men in HOX 1. But it doesn't seem like we'll get back to that for another two weeks. Maybe POX 2 will be good since we see some current characters on the cover, but I am wary given 3 of the cast members. lol

Otherwise, Bunn's Uncanny still remains unmatched as far as X-runs I loved.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 08-11-2019 at 10:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    It's a minority opinion, but I have seen others who agree things were over-hyped, or that it's good but not as good as others make it out to be.

For now, I haven't been blown away. But I don't fault anyone on that. My taste has always been specific and in the minority. POX 1 + HOX 2 hasn't included any characters I care about or like, so last 2 weeks have been slow as Age of X for me. I liked seeing Krakoa & current X-Men in HOX 1. But it doesn't seem like we'll get back to that for another two weeks. Maybe POX 2 will be good since we see some current characters on the cover, but I am wary given 3 of the cast members. lol

Otherwise, Bunn's Uncanny still remains unmatched as far as X-runs I loved.
    i'm interested where Hickman is going, but i'm cautious. these changes are really easy to screw up.

Gonna say I was liking and enjoying X-men red a lot more.

I might of said this early on in the thread but I can’t remember. Ultimate X-Men is better than 90% of all 616 X-Men runs.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Most people do, specially here, although Marvel has been trying to portray him as the great mutant Satan for years.
    I like what Marvels doing with him, but I rarely see praise for the guy. Granted the stuff with him and Marvel Girl is rather dull, but beyond that he has a lot going for him.