Page 469 of 663 FirstFirst ... 369419459465466467468469470471472473479519569 ... LastLast
Results 7,021 to 7,035 of 9936

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I didn't say anything racist. The stereotypical writer is a white male who views the X-Men through the ruby quartz. Storm is never going to have that kind of thing going for her, period.

Exaaaaaactly! Rang10 simply and concisely illustrates the point.

Storm is never going to approach that level of editorial importance. She just isn't. She literally cannot. If she got even a smidgen of that kind of writing, it would IMMEDIATELY be ignored.

Her fans have to go out of their way to make a fuckton of noise online just to have her not get knocked out in the first couple pages of a comic and be colored with brown skin.
    Eh that's cause the Xline has been eFFed up cause of the Pretenders spell new avenues are waiting to be explored
    GrindrStone(D)

All-New Member

is the marriage between Storm & Black panther really responsible for her lack of relevance in the last 20 years or was it just the excuse the
    X-Office used to sideline her ?

I mean she's been divorced for almost a decade it hasn't improved her status in any way as far as i see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosaab View Post
    is the marriage between Storm & Black panther really responsible for her lack of relevance in the last 20 years or was it just the excuse the

I mean she's been divorced for almost a decade it hasn't improved her status in any way as far as i see it.
    She wasn't being used regularly in the X-books at the time the marriage to T'Challa happened.

Not as much as the battle with fox over rights. I honestly feel they were trying to do with storm what they did with Wanda an d Pietro in hindsight now. By making her more of a bp character they prob could have used some form of her in the marvel universe. But thankfully that didn't catch on the way I think they were hoping. And that's on how it was executed.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Wasn't expecting the cyclops storm thing to spark debate. To be more clear I wasnt j.plying she won because she was black, I was saying that was more shocking than winning a fight where things were purposefully balance. It doesn't feel like some feat or like cyclops was trounced on or anything given how the story played. It doesn't come off as a huge deal to me beyond not many female leaders would have succeedsd even with the odds.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Not as much as the battle with fox over rights. I honestly feel they were trying to do with storm what they did with Wanda an d Pietro in hindsight now. By making her more of a bp character they prob could have used some form of her in the marvel universe. But thankfully that didn't catch on the way I think they were hoping. And that's on how it was executed.
    Could be, but either way that didn't work and she was sidelined. The good news is that she eventually got the big spotlight her fans were clamoring...but the bad news is that was during the Terrigen era.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    The current authors didn’t take up Claremont’s idea of fraternity between all people, mutants and humans neither…
    It's probably best that they don't if it would involve Kitty casually dropping some N-bombs

Astonishing Member

Claremont using Storm on X-Treme X-Men while Morrison was completely redefining the X-Men as a property did more damage to Storm than the BP marriage ever did. That’s just something that people who hate the character and its writers say whenever they want to shift blame from the incompetence of the X-Office. Storm has been sidelined for over a decade since then and it’s far more a function of other characters getting pushed and many writers not caring to see her be the leading X-Woman she was designed to be.

And when she did get used it was in garbage stuff like the whole Inhumans debacle, how could you possibly blame a romance that had been dead for years on that? It’s one thing to dislike the coupling (which I do) it’s another to blame a paltry half decade as the cause of her continued irrelevance to the X-Men narrative that’s only now being reversed.
    Last edited by chief12d; 04-05-2021 at 06:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Claremont using Storm on X-Treme X-Men while Morrison was completely redefining the X-Men as a property did more damage to Storm than the BP marriage ever did. That’s just something that people who hate the character and its writers say whenever they want to shift blame from the incompetence of the X-Office. Storm has been sidelined for over a decade since then and it’s far more a function of other characters getting pushed and many writers not caring to see her be the leading X-Woman she was designed to be.

And when she did get used it was in garbage stuff like the whole Inhumans debacle, how could you possibly blame a romance that had been dead for years on that? It’s one thing to dislike the coupling (which I do) it’s another to blame a paltry half decade as the cause of her continued irrelevance to the X-Men narrative that’s only now being reversed.

I agree. I don't mind the Storm/BP coupling but it's not the reason she hasn't been relevant to the overall franchise over the last however many years. She wasn't around for Morrison's run, Whedon's, Remender's, or Bendis', and that's the bigger problem.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post

I’m going to put on my tin foil hat for a moment and say that the whole X-line suffered for the last decade do more to Fox having the movie rights more than anything the editors planned and writers scripted. I seriously doubt anyone at Marvel Comics went to work thinking how can we make the X-Men more irrelevant today other than Perrmulter. I will agree not having Storm in Morrison’s run hurt her status.

Tin foil hat removed.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

an excuse. the xoffices at the time were on their cyclops and emma high. ororo didn't fit in those stories so they blamed the marriage, which in itself is crazy considering characters like Wolverine was appearing in multiple books without issue.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    an excuse. the xoffices at the time were on their cyclops and emma high. ororo didn't fit in those stories so they blamed the marriage, which in itself is crazy considering characters like Wolverine was appearing in multiple books without issue.
    Did not read a single lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    She wasn't being used regularly in the X-books at the time the marriage to T'Challa happened.
    Thats not true. Claremont was using her as the lead of his Uncanny run. He was forced to write her out so she could go to BP and she was used sparingly until Schism

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    It's the other way around- Cyclops and Emma got so much focus in part because Ororo wasn't around. Marvel wanted her for BP. and it's hard to have her as a leader of a team, and a team representing a persecuted minority to boot, when she's queen of the most developed nation on Earth. Wolverine was always a special case of being everywhere, plus he wasn't the leader of the X-men.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Thats not true. Claremont was using her as the lead of his Uncanny run. He was forced to write her out so she could go to BP and she was used sparingly until Schism
    He didn't stayed long on the uncanny book. X-men books had many chances to used her after the marriage and did very little of that

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    It's the other way around- Cyclops and Emma got so much focus in part because Ororo wasn't around. Marvel wanted her for BP. and it's hard to have her as a leader of a team, and a team representing a persecuted minority to boot, when she's queen of the most developed nation on Earth. Wolverine was always a special case of being everywhere, plus he wasn't the leader of the X-men.
    This was funny. It was very clear that they wanted Emma and Scott as the leaders and getting more development. So They send Ororo to BP