Page 125 of 656 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135175225625 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 9840
    Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Look it was 90s, Tony wasn't hip enough anymore, so the "too cool for school" remplacement was needed . Being serious, yeah it was bad, at least you can find some positive stuff in the Clone Saga, not so much in The Crossing. To be honest, writers got really weird in the 90s with some characthers, like Wolverine turning into a noseles beast or Punisher turning into a black guy.
    Oh geez, I forgot about Wolverine and some of the other stuff. It makes me wonder if anyone actually prefers that Wolverine. What a controversial opinion that would be.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Oh geez, I forgot about Wolverine and some of the other stuff. It makes me wonder if anyone actually prefers that Wolverine. What a controversial opinion that would be.
    phoenixzero like him i think, the opinions of the others vary between: "Really? That?" (like 99% of the fandom) and laugther for how weird the whole thing was (probably just me, but i have hopes), also i take the noseless over most of his Post-House of M stuff.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Honestly I really like the noseless, bestial, caveman era for Wolverine.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

phoenixzero like him i think, the opinions of the others vary between: "Really? That?" (like 99% of the fandom) and laugther for how weird the whole thing was (probably just me, but i have hopes), also i take the noseless over most of his Post-House of M stuff.
    Huh, well, the more you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Honestly I really like the noseless, bestial, caveman era for Wolverine.
    But do you prefer him to normal Logan? That's what I'm curious about.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Huh, well, the more you know.

But do you prefer him to normal Logan? That's what I'm curious about.
    It also didn't last much, Logan recovered his reason a few months later, although he still looked like a beast and then he just unexplicably came back to normao like nothing was wrong, i don't really think that there was much time to get attached to him.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

It also didn't last much, Logan recovered his reason a few months later, although he still looked like a beast and then he just unexplicably came back to normao like nothing was wrong, i don't really think that there was much time to get attached to him.
    I see, my search for the biggest noseless Logan fan is futile.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I liked feral Wolverine, he was like a weird puppy.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Weird puppy seems like an oddly appropriate description.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

Astonishing Member

It would have been more elegant to give Maddie an heroic death saving her son than turning her into a half naked demon queen who wanted to sacrifice her son. she was a mistake, but they got rid of her in a very bad way.

i'll be your weird puppy
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    i'll be your weird puppy
    Wonderful!
    You are such a good boy!

Wonderful!
    You are such a good boy!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

- Using Wolverine less won't make the characters "behind" of him more interesting.

- Not using Wolverine actually hurts the X-men in the casual fans area which hurts the franchise overall. A X-men project is better off being to able put Wolverine on the cover or movie poster and using him sparingly than going without him completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Claremont is overrated. He was amazing and did wonders for the franchise but he peaked at UXM 175. His run goes downhill once Scott is married off, Paul Smith leaves art and Romita Jr takes over. Its not terrible but nowhere near as good as the first half. He gets alot of praise for an unprecedent 17 year run, but the latter half is not that great. I actually dont think it gets good again until Inferno and I think the crossover with X-Factor did wonders for it.
    I wouldn't say Claremont is overrated but I definitely agree that Claremont/Smith was the peak X-Men for me. Their storytelling was top-notch and all the plots were new and exciting.

I'm not a fan of the supposedly "deconstruction" of the title for the next few years. There is some good stuff (Rogue on Savage Land, Banshee/Forge bromance, Muir Island saga) but his writing started to get old and his decisions weren't as organic as before.

The constant changes of the status quo didn't help. We barely explored the effects of the Mutant Massacre when Fall of the Mutants happens, then we don't even use the hidden aspect of the Outback team when they go into the Siege Perilous... That means we never get to understand the point of things like Ororo becoming a child, Asian Psylocke or Longshot being on the team.

Sometimes I wonder WHAT IF we had other writers take on UXM back then. What would Roger Stern, DeMatteis, Starlin or even Alan Moore do with the mutants? It would be probably very healthy for the franchise to have another vision for the team, adding new and fresh ideas to the X-lore.

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    I wouldn't say Claremont is overrated but I definitely agree that Claremont/Smith was the peak X-Men for me. Their storytelling was top-notch and all the plots were new and exciting.

I'm not a fan of the supposedly "deconstruction" of the title for the next few years. There is some good stuff (Rogue on Savage Land, Banshee/Forge bromance, Muir Island saga) but his writing started to get old and his decisions weren't as organic as before.

The constant changes of the status quo didn't help. We barely explored the effects of the Mutant Massacre when Fall of the Mutants happens, then we don't even use the hidden aspect of the Outback team when they go into the Siege Perilous... That means we never get to understand the point of things like Ororo becoming a child, Asian Psylocke or Longshot being on the team.

Sometimes I wonder WHAT IF we had other writers take on UXM back then. What would Roger Stern, DeMatteis, Starlin or even Alan Moore do with the mutants? It would be probably very healthy for the franchise to have another vision for the team, adding new and fresh ideas to the X-lore.
    The time between the Mutant Massacre and Fall of the Mutants felt like filler to me. Obviously stuff happened but it felt more like he was biding his time till the next status quo which he wanted to coincide around the monumental 225 issue. I hated the stuff with the murder grandpas and the Adversary was an awful villian