Page 120 of 664 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130170220620 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 9948
    Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The latter is what they did with X-Factor and it's what caused the whole mess to begin with.

Claremont having Scott retire and Storm take up is leader wasn't an issue and if Marvel had been patient, Scott would have been back as leader later on. They picked the worst possible way to bring him back.
    Scott married a woman that looks EXACTLY like his dead girlfriend shortly after they met, and without anyone seeing anything wrong with it. And Claremont actually said he was inspired by Vertigo, without understanding the movie was not a beautiful love story. It was never, ever going to last under any other writer with common sense. Plus, is very out of character for Scott to retire, and not just because comic characters never do.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Scott married a woman that looks EXACTLY like his dead girlfriend shortly after they met, and without anyone seeing anything wrong with it. And Claremont actually said he was inspired by Vertigo, without understanding the movie was not a beautiful love story. It was never, ever going to last under any other writer with common sense. Plus, is very out of character for Scott to retire, and not just because comic characters never do.
    Keep in mind that story was written before Marvel's current interpretation of the Sliding Time Scale as "frozen in time altogether", at a time when characters were actually ALLOWED to age and change. Frankly, Claremont should have been allowed to retire Cyclops. Then we wouldn't have the stupidity we have now where we're expected to believe that everything that has ever happened to the X-Men has been squeezed into less than 10 years, and that the O5 haven't even hit their 30s yet.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Cyclops was still in his early or at most mid 20's. Not only retirement for someone his age is ridiculous in itself, it's completely out of character for him, and the way it was done was absurd. And of course, his retirement was really a way to put Storm as the leader, and CC would never retire her even if he stayed in the books for 50 years.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Man, you just can't say Ryan Reynolds is a bad Deadpool then ride off into the sunset. What's up with that?
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    The fundamental issue with that is a lot of the extinction plots make little to no sense if normal people were actually supportive in decent amounts. There would be outcry, outreach, and logistical problems to tackle. The ONE wouldn't just be able to deploy sentinels in the middle of Manhattan without a huge PR fiasco. You need the mutants to be utterly hated to make extinction plots work, and that's the only story to tell these days (outside of time travel or mind controlled teammate plots, obviously).
    Then maybe the Sentinals can be written in a different way that's still compelling, and if that's not possible, then perhaps, if I dare be even more controversial, the Sentinals should be retired in favor of something else? More stories intertwining with outcry, outreach, and logistical problems, like you mentioned, perhaps?

Scott never fully retired. It was more like an extended leave of absence, prompted by Jean's death. Even after he married Maddie, he kept getting sucked back into the superheroics, which ultimately was their downfall. That relationship was a mess. He was not mentally in a position to get into a relationship that soon, let alone get married. I think the Sinister retcon helped make sense of it bc without it, it makes you wonder what the hell Maddie was even thinking moving on that fast with him. Claremont may not have liked doing it, but I think Maddie's backstory made that relationship make more sense.

X-Men Evolution is the best X-Men cartoon. Better than the 90's show.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Scott never fully retired. It was more like an extended leave of absence, prompted by Jean's death. Even after he married Maddie, he kept getting sucked back into the superheroics, which ultimately was their downfall. That relationship was a mess. He was not mentally in a position to get into a relationship that soon, let alone get married. I think the Sinister retcon helped make sense of it bc without it, it makes you wonder what the hell Maddie was even thinking moving on that fast with him. Claremont may not have liked doing it, but I think Maddie's backstory made that relationship make more sense.
    Yeah, I reread it recently and everything before X-Factor already seems rushed, dysfunctional and toxic between the two. They couldn't even have a honeymoon because Beyonder kidnapped him for Secret Wars.

Astonishing Member

Sentinels shouldnt be retired, but the next obvious step for them, is AI, they arent weapons anymore, they are characters, and it would be logical for them to ally with Ultron.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    The posters saying that Logan is not good or overrated, you have officially hurt my feelings lol. Definitely a controversial opinion in my eyes, that movie had more effect on me than any other film I've ever seen, probably ever will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I know, right? The only other movie that have me as emotionally exhausted at the end is Return of the King, and both have me bawling my eyes out at the end no matter how many times I see them (still hoping Feige brings Daf-23 over to the MCU, especially if His Dark Materials hits the ground running and silences the naysayers who doubt she can hold a lead role).
    I don't think it's bad or awful, I just didn't like that Wolverine who was a character who went through so much hardships in his life ended up so bitter, angry and alone (Same with the death of all the other x-men, professor x, etc). Felt nihilistic to me and I also thought the idea of him fighting a clone of himself was silly.

I thought it was well made, I just didn't like the choices the made.

Not sure if this has been covered yet, but there are just too many X-Men, X-Women, X-Forcers, X-Factors, and even Brother Hooders.

While I know in the grand scheme of things mutants are still extremely rare, I still wish they were even more so. And I wish things were a little more black and white with 'good mutants' and 'evil mutants'. Professor X leading the good, and Magneto leading the evil.

Is this where I yell, "Get off my lawn!" LOL

Maybe a couple of dozen give or take on each side.

Quote Originally Posted by WeirdSpider View Post
    X-Men Evolution is the best X-Men cartoon. Better than the 90's show.
    Does x-men evolution have this:

BANNED

Lmaooooooo

Quote Originally Posted by PoorStudent View Post
    Does x-men evolution have this:
    omg I am DEAD