Exclamation How Does Moira Robot Have Memories?(spoilers for ROTPOX)

One thing that always bothered me was the fact that the writers never clarified how robot Moira has actual 'memories'. An A.I. can't truly have memories from before it gets programmed. I guess we don't really know about the process by which Arnab Chakladar (the tech bro from X Deaths of Wolverine) transferred her consciousness into a robot body.

Even if he transferred some form or algorithm of Moira into a robot shell, it should not have actual "memories" of her former lives. It doesn't really have an organic brain. The only thing I can think of is that maybe it works similar to Krakoan resurrection...where a person's entire brain mapping, including certain memories are stored in a crystal? But we never saw that, because...Ben Percy, but I think that could technically explain it.

Moira didn't have a Cerebro backup file stored anywhere, or at least we don't know if she did. During the time she was made "human" by the three dishrags (Emma, Destiny, and Mystique), I guess Cerebro could read and store her mind?

SPOILER FOR ROTPOX #3 & #4!!!
    In Kieron Gillen's Rise of the Powers of X, we see that Moira opens a port to the Enigma, who then claims to have access to all her previous lives data...once again, this is impossible unless the Moira bot has a Shiar memory crystal with Moira's original brain imprint as a core. An A.I. begins building "memory" from the moment it is created, but can only build it from extrapolation of information after it's created. Nothing that came before it went online existed.

Was there anything throughout the Krakoan era that explains if Omega Moira is actually the real Moira, or just a faulty A.I.?

Fantastic Member

"An A.I. can't truly have memories from before it gets programmed"

Why not? I assume that the process mapped all the memories in the brain (which includes Moiras other lives) into the new machine "brain". Like if someone could upload their consciousness into a computer.

I think the idea of roboMoira not being the real Moira, but I think the fact that she has the memories of the previous lives proves it.

I'm not sure what format the robot making process puts memories into, but I guess when they are digitized it's compatible with the Dominion.

Quote Originally Posted by captain Qball View Post
    "An A.I. can't truly have memories from before it gets programmed"

Why not? I assume that the process mapped all the memories in the brain (which includes Moiras other lives) into the new machine "brain". Like if someone could upload their consciousness into a computer.
    if you can map the doctor who would become Nimrod into nimrod then you can map memories onto an AI
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

You're trying to make this too "real." This is comics. They have tea with robots with human memories every Tuesday.

Steven Lang's X-Sentinels had the memories of the X-Men way back in the 1970s.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Mighty Member

Why wouldn’t it have memories of Moira? Memories are really just data. So if her mind was transfer into an AI it would have all her memories (data).