Page 514 of 668 FirstFirst ... 14414464504510511512513514515516517518524564614 ... LastLast
Results 7,696 to 7,710 of 10012

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Well, if they'd done it without killing Mutants to steal their organs? Actually... yeah, it'd have been fine. But they literally killed people to steal their organs.

Which oddly enough... Sinister.. Well... he also killed a lot of people. So the U-Men were a lot like low-budget Sinister knock-offs. But it's the whole bit about killing peopel that made it unethical....
    That was... expected.
    Wait wait wait. Did you just suggest that stealing someone’s organs is ok as long as it doesn’t kill them?

Lol?!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    I thought he was stuck in a reality of his own making.
    Yeah he's stuck on his own world, not dead.

Stupid question, how the hell do you think they could revive Dummy, his mutant power is that he's a sentient gas, how do you stop him literally floating away?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JungleBatman View Post
    Stupid question, how the hell do you think they could revive Dummy, his mutant power is that he's a sentient gas, how do you stop him literally floating away?
    The five improve the powers, so he could have more control of them and maybe became a sentient cloud.

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    The five improve the powers, so he could have more control of them and maybe became a sentient cloud.
    Magneto said in HOX5 that they bring people back to their peak conditions, but I dont think there's been any evidence that they tweak with anyone's powers to give them more control. Cyclops still cant control his, Proteus still burns his body out, etc...
    Last edited by Havok83; 08-27-2021 at 10:01 AM.

My controversial opinion? I’d like to see Galactus eradicate that monster infestation on Mars.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Magneto said in HOX5 that they bring people back to their peak conditions, but I dont think there's been any evidence that they tweak with anyone's powers to give them more control. Cyclops still cant control his, Proteus still burns his body out, etc...
    I wish they'd give us a scene showing Cyclops can control his blasts, post-resurrection, but still wears the visor for focus (aka branding.) I can't believe they expect us to believe he chooses to stay brain damaged, it's as ridiculous as Karma deciding to stay amputated bc reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    My controversial opinion? I’d like to see Galactus eradicate that monster infestation on Mars.

It would be funny if thats how that development was resolved.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    I wish they'd give us a scene showing Cyclops can control his blasts, post-resurrection, but still wears the visor for focus (aka branding.) I can't believe they expect us to believe he chooses to stay brain damaged, it's as ridiculous as Karma deciding to stay amputated bc reasons.
    It's just one of those things best to not think about, even if one writer addresses it somewhere, two other writers are going to do something contradictory somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Wait wait wait. Did you just suggest that stealing someone’s organs is ok as long as it doesn’t kill them?

Lol?!
    "Wait, why is your bathtub filled with ice?"

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    100% agreed. We've already seen a Cyclops-with-control in the, IMO, pretty darn amazing Astonishing run, so it's no more a 'sacred cow' than Xavier being in that darn wheelchair.

And stuff like Karma's leg and Hellion's hands? Elixir has *already* shown the ability *by himself* to regenerate Prodigy's heart after Belasco ripped it out of his chest. With help from Proteus, Hope and Tempus, he'd be able to do it *even easier* without any resurrection protocols nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    100% agreed. We've already seen a Cyclops-with-control in the, IMO, pretty darn amazing Astonishing run, so it's no more a 'sacred cow' than Xavier being in that darn wheelchair.

And stuff like Karma's leg and Hellion's hands? Elixir has *already* shown the ability *by himself* to regenerate Prodigy's heart after Belasco ripped it out of his chest. With help from Proteus, Hope and Tempus, he'd be able to do it *even easier* without any resurrection protocols nonsense.
    Or that missing piece of Gambit's brain?

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Lot of people mad about Karma's leg reminds me of the tone deaf ass conversations about Barbara's disability when she became Batgirl again

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Lot of people mad about Karma's leg reminds me of the tone deaf ass conversations about Barbara's disability when she became Batgirl again
    Its not the same thing. There was an in story reason to explain Barbara being Batgirl again. Karma being resurrected with a metal leg made no sense and there was no explanation given in the book. They dont ever utilize her disability for any story purposes or character development, unlike Barbara. With Karma it hasnt served any significant purpose

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    It's just one of those things best to not think about, even if one writer addresses it somewhere, two other writers are going to do something contradictory somewhere else.
    One could make an argument that Comics that require you to turn your brain off in order to be enjoyed are a waste of good money
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”