Page 294 of 657 FirstFirst ... 194244284290291292293294295296297298304344394 ... LastLast
Results 4,396 to 4,410 of 9846

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Some people don't know **** about animation. I bet they'll also say Spider-Man TAS looked better than Spectacular Spider-Man.
    Which one looks more "cartoony"? The less "cartoony" one is obv better.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    The detailed art in XMen told the story in a way that the less detailed art can't. Batman had a major habit of zooming in to show faces when people were emoting. Why? because it was hard to tell what their facial expressions were otherwise. The art just had that little detail. .
    whereas x-men tas relied heavily on voice-acting to capture emotion

Which one looks more "cartoony"? The less "cartoony" one is obv better.
    I think its a lil ironic to consider a cartoon appearing "cartoony" as something bad.. realism isn't the ultimate goal of all art or media. but art is subjective and blah blah lol
    Last edited by houndsofluv; 05-05-2020 at 06:02 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Voices From the Eyrie View Post
    That's a total straw man at this point. Frank Paur is discussing X-Men versus Batman TAS and Gargoyles in terms of animation at that panel. Both of those shows looked far better than X-Men.
    No, it's really not. You made the argument that the simpler artwork of TAS and Gargoyles makes the animation better than the more detailed X-Men. I'm pointing out the logical fallacy. Roar can be animated more fluidly and expressively. And it STILL looks like garbage even if the original was stiffer.

Spectacular Member Voices From the Eyrie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    No, it's really not. You made the argument that the simpler artwork of TAS and Gargoyles makes the animation better than the more detailed X-Men. I'm pointing out the logical fallacy. Roar can be animated more fluidly and expressively. And it STILL looks like garbage even if the original was stiffer.
    I haven't seen Roar, can't opine. No interest in it either way.

BANNED

Idk about the animation, but as a still that Chibi Thundercats thing is an eyesore. Yikes.

No. The best you can say is that it's the wrong animation style. Not that it looks like garbage. And isn't Roar much more "kiddy" that the original? So it's not even the wrong style.

It's Naruto vs. Pain all over again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    No. The best you can say is that it's the wrong animation style. Not that it looks like garbage. And isn't Roar much more "kiddy" that the original? So it's not even the wrong style.

It's Naruto vs. Pain all over again.
    It's ABSOLUTELY garbage. And don't give me any "kiddy" nonsense. I was born in '80 and was there for ALL of the classic toy tie-in cartoons when they debuted (G.I Joe, MASK, Dino-Riders — ha, that was a short lived one — TMNT, etc). Oh, and let's not forget the classic Disney Afternoon/Saturday Morning lineup (Gummi Bears, DuckTales, and Rescue Rangers).

@#$% like Roar! and Teen Titans Go just insults young children's intelligence.
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 05-05-2020 at 09:13 PM.

It's funny how "this is insulting to children's intelligence" tends to come from adults. When I was a child, I wasn't smart enough to know or care that my intelligence was being insulted. Even if Thundercats Roar is a poorly written show (which I don't since I don't watch it), so what? Every generation has bad animated shows. It isn't the end of the world.

It's ABSOLUTELY garbage. And don't give me any "kiddy" nonsense. I was born in '80 and was there for ALL of the classic toy tie-in cartoons when they debuted (G.I Joe, MASK, Dino-Riders — ha, that was a short lived one — TMNT, etc). Oh, and let's not forget the classic Disney Afternoon/Saturday Morning lineup (Gummi Bears, DuckTales, and Rescue Rangers).

We were talking about animation, not the show's overall quality.

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    I think its a lil ironic to consider a cartoon appearing "cartoony" as something bad.. realism isn't the ultimate goal of all art or media. but art is subjective and blah blah lol
    There's a big difference between "cartoon" and "animated film". Animated films sometimes have high enough quality art that you can actually lip read what the characters are saying.

The quality of glorified Mattel adverts has really gone down in recent years, roflmao.

Sure it's a "night and day" difference, but: Which one is actually better? each has aspects I like.
    "Hollow" as she's called now is still out there, separate from the St. Croix girls. The final version is that she was some girl that was tough enough not to die when Emplate fed on her, and used to torture M by forcing her to feel Hollow's pain. https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Hollow_(Earth-616)
    Okay so I just read her wiki page and it......doesn't mention ANY of those "finale version" details, so when/where did they actually establish that?

Astonishing Member

Needs more dramatic entrances
    r21.jpg
    And over the top dramatizations

M19.jpg
    Last edited by Dthirds3; 05-06-2020 at 04:57 AM.

BANNED

Teen Titans Go gets nominated for Best Cartoon at the KCAs each year. The DuckTales reboot is a masterpiece while the original didn’t age well at all.

Then you have all the other cartoons that aired over the last year and deal with significantly heavier themes and are much deeper than your ‘80s schlock like Adventure Time, Steven Universe, Gravity Falls, Star vs Forces of Evil, the Avatars, etc.

This IS the "unpopular/controversial" thread after all.