Page 426 of 663 FirstFirst ... 326376416422423424425426427428429430436476526 ... LastLast
Results 6,376 to 6,390 of 9936

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    I think the role suited Logan better than it did Scott. His writing wasn't far off from how Claremont characterized him during the second half of the 80s. Scott was the one who felt completely OOC with his child soldiers and statements like "burn the witch." If it wasn't for the name and costume, I wouldn't even recognize Cyclops.
    Was it? Scott was a child soldier, and trained alongside the rest of the O5 to get involved in stuff that no kid his age should have. That was almost always the case but something that was made a big deal until Schism.
    Considering he went along with it, had no regrets and didnt call out Xavier for that, his stance wasnt really OOC. It made even more sense given the deciMation. The children needed to know how to defend themselves. Mutants were nearly wiped out and groups were still out there trying to slaughter what few remained. The adults arent always going to be around to protect them so they needed to be equipped with the tools and sense to do so themselves. Its not practical to expect them to just stay in the classroom with no life experience when the world wasnt stopping for them to catch up. Cyclops was right

Call Scott a child soldier is very exagerating what he was.

Scott was almost aging out of his orphanage when he got tangled up with Diamond Jack and saved/recruited by Xavier, so he was 17, almost 18.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    I think the role suited Logan better than it did Scott. His writing wasn't far off from how Claremont characterized him during the second half of the 80s. Scott was the one who felt completely OOC with his child soldiers and statements like "burn the witch." If it wasn't for the name and costume, I wouldn't even recognize Cyclops.
    Cyclops was fighting when he was a teenager, just like them- in fact, he was leading the team as a minor. And his role was a natural progression from everything that happened from AXM forward, which is why fans were enthusiastic about it.

Logan himself never had problems in bringing the likes of Kitty and Jubilee, until one day he decided that was wrong evil for plot reasons, and dropped it when it didn't suit the plot- any word from him about Jean using minors in X-men: Red, for example?

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Call Scott a child soldier is very exagerating what he was.
    He was a teenager fighting Magneto at Cape Citadel in the first issue

Xavier sent the kids in there to do what the US army was incapable of and this type of behavior would explain why Scott is desensitized to children fighting. The X-men were Xavier's soldiers
    Last edited by Havok83; 02-21-2021 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Cyclops was fighting when he was a teenager, just like them- in fact, he was leading the team as a minor. And his role was a natural progression from everything that happened from AXM forward, which is why fans were enthusiastic about it.

Logan himself never had problems in bringing the likes of Kitty and Jubilee, until one day he decided that was wrong evil for plot reasons, and dropped it when it didn't suit the plot- any word from him about Jean using minors in X-men: Red, for example?
    I didn't think Logan problem was using minors. I thought his problem was using minors that had some deep issues to work out on a murder squad. Logan never intentionally took Shadowcat or Jubille on any missions where he needed them to murder people. He usually kept them out of the real nasty business.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I didn't think Logan problem was using minors. I thought his problem was using minors that had some deep issues to work out on a murder squad. Logan never intentionally took Shadowcat or Jubille on any missions where he needed them to murder people. He usually kept them out of the real nasty business.
    He took X-23 and Elixir with him in X-Force and led them on the field.

FYI, the Schism happened bc Scott wanted to use the X-kids as X-men when the sentinel was attacking Utopia. That had nothing to do with killing anyone or a murder squad. He saw them as children and thought it was irresponsible for Scott to put them in harm's way. It was hypocritical of him

Ultimately Scott was right. He stood there and led them in battle and the kids fought and saved the day. No one died so Logan all of a sudden wanting to handle them with baby gloves really showed he was out of touch with things as he underestimated them. Several of the kids like the New X-men at this point had a couple of years worth of experience and had faced more than a sentinel

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post

To be fair, Logan was presumed dead during the events of X-men Red.
    Last edited by Havok83; 02-21-2021 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    He was a teenager fighting Magneto at Cape Citadel in the first issue

Xavier sent the kids in there to do what the US army was incapable of and this type of behavior would explain why Scott is desensitized to children fighting. The X-men were Xavier's soldiers
    He was a teenager and what he did is not different from peter parker. Bring realism to a cheesy 70s comic is not good at all

I think it has more to do with sacrificing kids for his fight, the murder thing is a problem too. Easy dirty other people hands
    Last edited by Rang10; 02-21-2021 at 05:45 PM.

He was a teenager and what he did is not different from peter parker. Bring realism to a cheesy 70s comic is not good at all
    Exactly so whats the problem? Why is Scott's stance on things all of a sudden an issue in Schism?
    Last edited by Havok83; 02-21-2021 at 05:56 PM.

I think it has more to do with sacrificing kids for his fight, the murder thing is a problem too. Easy dirty other people hands
    Who did Scott sacrifice? Like legit which teen mutant died because of Scott’s actions in Schism?

Also why shouldn’t we apply realism to Silver age comics? Marvel gained popularity because people could relate what was happening in their real lives to what was happening on the page. Even IF you wanna say the 05 weren’t child soldiers they were all still minors who were told by an authority figure to put on suits and fight for the future of their people. What they did is very different from Peter Parker because all of his decisions were completely autonomous.

BANNED

Logan also berated and was downright emotionally abusive to Laura in X-Force. He roughed her up, yelled at her, and told her (a depressed and traumatized teenage girl with no self-esteem and no comprehension of free choice) that her life didn’t matter as much as Wolfsbane’s.

Logan leading the opposition to Cyclops was downright hypocritical and he had NO business being in that position.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Exactly so whats the problem? Why is Scott's stance on things all of a sudden an issue in Schism?
    Because Cyclops step out of the line, he was never a child soldier. He was fine with teenagers being killers that isnt right.

Because Cyclops step out of the line, he was never a child soldier. He was fine with teenagers being killers that isnt right.
    Ambaryerno just demonstrated perfectly why Logan has also historically not been in the right. I think we can all agree that a lot of Schism was forced conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Who did Scott sacrifice? Like legit which teen mutant died because of Scott’s actions in Schism?

Also why shouldn’t we apply realism to Silver age comics? Marvel gained popularity because people could relate what was happening in their real lives to what was happening on the page. Even IF you wanna say the 05 weren’t child soldiers they were all still minors who were told by an authority figure to put on suits and fight for the future of their people. What they did is very different from Peter Parker because all of his decisions were completely autonomous.
    If kids didn't died they were pretty close to it, because Scott didn't cared if they died as long as he won in the end.

Because realism is ridiculous, they were a bunch of teenagers that a adult was trying to help with their powers. There isn't nothing militaristic about it. The only difference is that Parker was a loner
    Talk about writers not even knowing what a child soldier really is.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Ambaryerno just demonstrated perfectly why Logan has also historically not been in the right. I think we can all agree that a lot of Schism was forced conflict.
    It was a forced conflict and writers really wanted to destroy logan credibility
    Last edited by Rang10; 02-21-2021 at 06:23 PM.

Well IDA. The X-men were Xavier's soldiers. And again the conflict in Schism wasnt about teens being killers; it was them fighting as X-men. The page posted above explains that