Page 497 of 663 FirstFirst ... 397447487493494495496497498499500501507547597 ... LastLast
Results 7,441 to 7,455 of 9936
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    This sums up half of the complaints about this run. It's not even worth it to continue to go back and forth about it. Enjoy it if you enjoy it, ignore it if you don't.
    Yupp.
    I would add: keep buying and reading, even if you don't enjoy it. I need this run to go on for as long as HiX-Man is on it.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Mighty Member

i personally think this back and forth over humans and mutants and their relative hierarchical position/what's owed to who/how they should treat each other is largely uninteresting and unfruitful cause it's never going to amount to anything definitive nor substantial in either direction.

I'm much more interested in the emerging stratification that seems to be happening within mutant kind as a result of krakoa and the government that manages it.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Yupp.
    I would add: keep buying and reading, even if you don't enjoy it. I need this run to go on for as long as HiX-Man is on it.
    Eh, I dunno about that. I'm not gonna spend money and time on something I'm not enjoying. I'll support the books I do like

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Storm is talking to Sinister and Exodus. The usual 'because it's the right thing' shpiel wasn't going to work and she explained it in terms they could understand. That's literally all that's going on there.
    I'm sure since both have telepathic abilities, they got her point even if she was using 'euphemisms'. I don't really make a big distinction between her and them.

ps: which issue is this from,is it yet to come out?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I'm sure since both have telepathic abilities, they got her point even if she was using 'euphemisms'. I don't really make a big distinction between her and them.

ps: which issue is this from,is it yet to come out?
    X-Men Curse of the Man-Thing from last month.

Astonishing Member

I actually agree with Exodus, he was just speaking facts, Human life is not contingent on mutant survival(neither the other way round).It's in modern speak a similar misconception that just because US is a superpower it suddenly ought to be the world's paramedic,policeman and fireman. It's normal to look out for one's own primarily and not get involved in exerting influence that can be taken as interference.Besides humanity has Avengers and other superheroes that are de facto defence. As cold as it may seem, Storm's bee talk is disingenuous, unless the threat is to Krakoa too, the world being depopulated does not automatically mean Krakoa or mutants will perish.Though familial ties to humanity are the only sentiment that would hold value in Storm's argument but sentiment alone is not equivalent to an existential threat
    Sinister was the one being nefarious gloating in humanity's demise for whatever gain he saw.
    Last edited by Rev9; 06-22-2021 at 11:38 AM.

Damn when you out it that way the X-Men should be totally fine with genocide /s

Man Duggans run can't come soon enough, provided its not a bait and switch like the Gala was

If Krakoa voted for this x-men team, why did mutants vote for someone like Sunfire who's always kept himself apart from the mutant population and hasn't done anything recently to gain such popularity. He wasn't involved with X of sword or hox/pox or was he part of the first resurrection or part of any team so it begs the question of why would anyone vote for him. Everett has been alive for like fives minutes after being dead for 20 years (the vault was a secret black ops mission that the krakoan population knows nothing about) so why are they voting for him?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    If Krakoa voted for this x-men team, why did mutants vote for someone like Sunfire who's always kept himself apart from the mutant population and hasn't done anything recently to gain such popularity. He wasn't involved with X of sword or hox/pox or was he part of the first resurrection or part of any team so it begs the question of why would anyone vote for him. Everett has been alive for like fives minutes after being dead for 20 years (the vault was a secret black ops mission that the krakoan population knows nothing about) so why are they voting for him?
    Well, we know Dani Moonstar voted for Synch. And we know Magma voted for Sunfire.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

They are flavors of the month- Synch and Laura for the mission, Sunfire for his role in the Knull thing (plus, one assumes he's very popular among japanese mutants).

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    They are flavors of the month- Synch and Laura for the mission, Sunfire for his role in the Knull thing (plus, one assumes he's very popular among japanese mutants).
    I mean it makes sense that Krakoan would vote for a Wolverine and Laura has been in various teams and part of every major event with the X-men since her creation so she has these credentials as a boost, I can accept Sunfire surge in popularity due to his involvement with Knull but Ev? He's no different than the many students and murdered mutants children that were recently resurrected and it's hard to believe he'd win an election against seasoned x-men like Cannonball, Sunspot, Banshe, Armor or Forge who's been building everything on Krakoa.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

I mean it makes sense that Krakoan would vote for a Wolverine and Laura has been in various teams and part of every major event with the X-men since her creation so she has these credentials as a boost, I can accept Sunfire surge in popularity due to his involvement with Knull but Ev? He's no different than the many students and murdered mutants children that were recently resurrected and it's hard to believe he'd win an election against seasoned x-men like Cannonball, Sunspot, Banshe, Armor or Forge who's been building everything on Krakoa.
    He just returned from a major mission in which he spent centuries in and literally sacrificed his life for.

While it feels kinda like I have said almost this exact thing about this exact topic somewhere else...

Have you read much of S.W.O.R.D. during it's run?

Voting was a silly gimmick, the roster was decided from the start - excepting Lorna, I guess.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Im honestly pretty sure they knew Lorna was going to win from the jump