Page 535 of 657 FirstFirst ... 35435485525531532533534535536537538539545585635 ... LastLast
Results 8,011 to 8,025 of 9843

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Has the time finally come to nerf telepaths/telekinetics? It's what I've wanted all along.
    Nerf how bc they already have been. I can count off the top of my head 10 times this current era where a TP has been rendered useless bc of anti-TP tech or the opponent having TP resistance. Jean's TK hasnt been nerfed but its been severely downplayed and not utilized to the powerful extent we've seen in the past. Ditto with Rachel

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Nerf how bc they already have been. I can count off the top of my head 10 times this current era where a TP has been rendered useless bc of anti-TP tech or the opponent having TP resistance. Jean's TK hasnt been nerfed but its been severely downplayed and not utilized to the powerful extent we've seen in the past. Ditto with Rachel
    I used the word nerf for comedy, but I really just need consistency and proportion.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Astonishing Member

It's high time we get some darn consistency with power displays.One moment Jean is close to or beyond mercury's orbit and linking X-Men mentally with the Professor on Krakoa, the next she can't sense (or counteract) the Russian telepath 'Pale girl' controlling Logan to shred her while just next to him...Just so annoying

Has the time finally come to nerf telepaths/telekinetics? It's what I've wanted all along.
    Honestly I wouldn't mind nerfing all the 2000's era psychic except for Hope because her powerset is power mimicry and enhancement. Ever since the quentin quire and cuckoos and whatnot made their appearances decade long psychis like karma and dani got relegated to be b list psychic who's powers haven't grown since their new mutants days and Monet who said to be jean grey successor in term of psychic abilities got downpowered to "low level telepath".

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    Honestly I wouldn't mind nerfing all the 2000's era psychic except for Hope because her powerset is power mimicry and enhancement. Ever since the quentin quire and cuckoos and whatnot made their appearances decade long psychis like karma and dani got relegated to be b list psychic who's powers haven't grown since their new mutants days and Monet who said to be jean grey successor in term of psychic abilities got downpowered to "low level telepath".
    Is that such a bad thing though? I don't need every single character to be OP; that attitude makes this fandom incredibly toxic at times. Monet for example already has so many powers, she doesn't need to be an Omega level psychic as well. Karma and Dani should have more specialized psionic powers (possession + illusion casting/weapon manifestation/animal telepathy, respectively), I don't need them doing all of the things Jean or Emma can do, but by the same token their specialized powers should be stronger than another psychic attempting a similar feat.

or just make characters at least differently OP.

in what world was Monet ever the successor to Jean Grey? M's always been a low level telepath. If anything, she's displayed more TP power in more recent years than she traditionally has been known for.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    or just make characters at least differently OP.
    That would be fine... For starters. I truly think they've made too many OP characters as it is, and they're suffering from power-creep/escalation.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

TP/TK is just a narrative get-out-of-jail-free card for a lot of writers/stories; lowering overall power-levels and diving into power differentiation would really go a long way to improving the line.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Is that such a bad thing though? I don't need every single character to be OP; that attitude makes this fandom incredibly toxic at times. Monet for example already has so many powers, she doesn't need to be an Omega level psychic as well. Karma and Dani should have more specialized psionic powers (possession + illusion casting/weapon manifestation/animal telepathy, respectively), I don't need them doing all of the things Jean or Emma can do, but by the same token their specialized powers should be stronger than another psychic attempting a similar feat.
    Yes, I think this would be the best approach.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

I always laugh at the "nerf characters" debate. Seriously, Superman, Supergirl, Wonder Woman, The Flash, etc.. DC characters are so OP they are ridiculous. At least the mutants have some vulnerabilities.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I always laugh at the "nerf characters" debate. Seriously, Superman, Supergirl, Wonder Woman, The Flash, etc.. DC characters are so OP they are ridiculous. At least the mutants have some vulnerabilities.
    There are Superman fans that claim he is too weak. There are Hulk fans that claim he is too weak too. All fandoms complain about power levels (I mostly find it silly)

in what world was Monet ever the successor to Jean Grey? M's always been a low level telepath. If anything, she's displayed more TP power in more recent years than she traditionally has been known for.
    In the earliest character notes, Lobdell did compare her to Jean, and in early Gen X, all the way until the M-twins reveal, "Monet" displayed telepathic ability sufficient to stop Emma from actively trying to read her mind. I think the potential for a top tier telepath(with a genius intellect) was there at the start, but between later Gen X and PAD's X-Factor, it has been forgotten.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    There are Superman fans that claim he is too weak. There are Hulk fans that claim he is too weak too. All fandoms complain about power levels (I mostly find it silly)
    Ah, but you two are referring to individual characters, I'm concerned with how TP/TK is implemented. I do think that Marvel has cornered themselves into a situation where many characters will have to be nerfed.

Do mutants have vulnerabilities in this era?
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Do mutants have vulnerabilities in this era?
    Like weaknesses to their TP and TK? A few of them have had sound blasts and loud noises as a weakness, since their powers need concentration.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    In the earliest character notes, Lobdell did compare her to Jean, and in early Gen X, all the way until the M-twins reveal, "Monet" displayed telepathic ability sufficient to stop Emma from actively trying to read her mind. I think the potential for a top tier telepath(with a genius intellect) was there at the start, but between later Gen X and PAD's X-Factor, it has been forgotten.
    That was the twins though, not Monet. Character notes are just that notes, but with nothing actually supported within the stories that M was a powerful telepath. She's never really been shown to do anything too impressive outside of the generic communication and blocking stuff