Page 435 of 663 FirstFirst ... 335385425431432433434435436437438439445485535 ... LastLast
Results 6,511 to 6,525 of 9936

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Lol think what you want. Reylos are primarily women and especially POC women and Star Wars is infamous for harassing female fans, actresses and other creatives involved. Are you going to deny the harassment of Krystina Arielle, who was attacked solely on the basis of being a Black woman put in charge of a Star Wars project? It's not a coincidence that most of these male fanboys have never had an issue with male inverses of Reylo (namely Luke and Mara Jade or shipping Cal with the Second Sister) and some of them have flat out admitted they wouldn't have an issue with a gender-flipped Reylo. At the same time, most of the Anti-Reylos have right-wing ties and gone after any female character that threatens them, some for just existing. Besides real life cases like Krystina Arielle or Kathleen Kennedy, there's the characters like Rose or Holdo. It's even more obvious in the case of Reylos considering they're targeted for being a predominantly female fandom and so many SW "fans" love to gatekeep and claim that the ST has tried to "feminize" the franchise by turning it into space Twilight and how the female fans need to leave Star Wars alone and give it back to them. When Ben Shapiro of all people flat out says that Star Wars is geared towards males, you know there's a causal link. But keep spouting your propaganda since that's the narrative you prefer.
    You're getting your wires crossed. The people being harassed were fans of Rey (not Reylo) and the female and poc actors and crew. John Boyega was harassed by Reylo fans. They are not the victims here.

No genocide, she took away the X-Gene, and she was possessed and under the control of Doctor Doom. The Avengers didn't come knocking on the door of the X-Men after the D'Bari incident with Dark Phoenix, so the X-Men have no right to do the same with the Avengers and Wanda. Especially when even before M-Day, you had X-Men wanting to put her down. Cyclops killed Xavier, he deserves to be locked up. He would have killed a lot more people had he not been stopped. The Inhumans were not committing a genocide, the Terrigen Mists are how their people function and it's a part of their culture. The fake blonde committed the real act of genocide, but that's not surprising considering how many children have died under her watch, the horse she has killed, and the vast number of people she has sexually assaulted whether physically or psychically.
    The Terrigen Mists were killing, scarring, and sterilizing mutants. There’s literally a panel where Magneto says that he won’t allow his people to be gassed to death again.

At this point we get that you hate Scott and Emma (don’t know why you can’t seem to say her name), but don’t try to twist that horrible story to make it seem like the mutants weren’t justified in fighting back.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    The Terrigen Mists were killing, scarring, and sterilizing mutants. There’s literally a panel where Magneto says that he won’t allow his people to be gassed to death again.

At this point we get that you hate Scott and Emma (don’t know why you can’t seem to say her name), but don’t try to twist that horrible story to make it seem like the mutants weren’t justified in fighting back.
    At this point people will let Scott and Emma commit any crimes because mutants are opressed.

Inhumans even helped the mutants when they learned that Terrigen was about to kill all mutants on Earth and make it impossible for mutants ever live on Earth.
    Inhumans needed the terrigen to do the transition to be fully inhuman. It was uncalled Emma do that after Medusa destroyed the cloud., she was cruel for the sake of being cruel.
    these are facts

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

The Inhumans knew from the beggining the terrigen was killing mutants but they only stopped it until the climax of the IvX story. There are even some side stories where Rogue is using medicine to fight off the terrigen effects that were killing her and other mutants while she was an avenger and even this was not enough for Blackbolt or Medusa to take actions in stopping it. Bassically the story is about making the mutants the villains from being killed off by the terrigen, it was just a tone deaf story in which the victim is painted as the villain for not taking being killed laying down.

And it wasn´t good for the inhumans either, Medusa and Blackbolt didn´t come out of this story as heros and even some of the new inhumans rebelled the use of the terrigen gas if it keep killing off mutants. it was just a bad story for everyone involved.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 02-23-2021 at 09:50 AM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    At this point people will let Scott and Emma commit any crimes because mutants are opressed.

Inhumans even helped the mutants when they learned that Terrigen was about to kill all mutants on Earth and make it impossible for mutants ever live on Earth.
    Inhumans needed the terrigen to do the transition to be fully inhuman. It was uncalled Emma do that after Medusa destroyed the cloud., she was cruel for the sake of being cruel.
    these are facts
    At this point y’all are blatantly ignoring what others are saying to get your point across. Did you not peep like two posts ago when I was like what Emma did for was uncalled for and she was justifiably treated like a villain for the next couple of years? I’m out y’all this is just not productive.

Medusa was teammates with Dazzler in A-Force during that era and when she learned she was sick and dying from M-Pox, this is all she had to offer her

The hell? Dazzler had to apologize for blaming her. She was treated as being wrong for being upset that she was dying. Medusa said if she could do anythng to help she would yet refused to destroy the cloud and allowed it go persist, infect and kill more mutants. The writing in this era was BS

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    The Inhumans knew from the beggining the terrigen was killing mutants but they only stopped it until the climax of the IvX story. There are even some side stories where Rogue is using medicine to fight off the terrigen effects that were killing her and other mutants while she was an avenger and even this was not enough for Blackbolt or Medusa to take actions in stopping it. Bassically the story is about making the mutants the villains from being killed off by the terrigen, it was just a tone deaf story in which the victim is painted as the villain for not taking being killed laying down.

And it wasn´t good for the inhumans either, Medusa and Blackbolt didn´t come out of this story as heros and even some of the new inhumans rebelled the use of the terrigen gas if it keep killing off mutants. it was just a bad story for everyone involved.
    I’m still trying to figure out why everyone was repulsed by adult Cyclops.

When teen Cyclops joined the Champions, there was a lot of resistance and hate onto him for what adult Cyclops did that was widely known and evil.

I’ve still yet to find out what that was.
    Because trying to destroy a cloud that is killing your people isn’t reprehensible.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I’m still trying to figure out why everyone was repulsed by adult Cyclops.

When teen Cyclops joined the Champions, there was a lot of resistance and hate onto him for what adult Cyclops did that was widely known and evil.

I’ve still yet to find out what that was.
    Because trying to destroy a cloud that is killing your people isn’t reprehensible.
    I'd have loved to have been a fly on the wall at the meetings where they decided that Scott was now Hitler and even people who had been his allies after AvX now hated him. What was he originally supposed to have done? Was there even a plan before they decided to scrap it and go with him (but not really him) killing a cloud?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

He lost all interest in Cyclops after Jean's return. Which is also why he wanted to split up Scott and Jean and pair Jean off with Logan in the 90s, which is what he sorta did in X-Men Forever. However, he did keep Scott around in X-Men Forever and I'm guessing that if he didn't include him in other books, like X-Treme X-Men, it's probably also because other writers claimed him already. However, I think his O5 favorites were clearly Jean and Hank by the 2000s.

He was also trying to retire Colossus before the Muir Island Saga but he was editorially mandated to bring him back, despite Peter's amnesia, so there's another example.

Scott's entire identity hinged upon the X-Men and Jean. It makes sense that after losing one, he'd try and reform himself without the other but we all know how that failed. He's never been Headmaster material (even Logan performed that role better) since his primary role was field leader of an active X-Men team, not teacher. Claremont had been building to Magneto's reformation since UXM 150 and the purpose was always for him to try and adopt Xavier's dream and see if it was a possible alternative to his own ideology. I don't know exactly when it was a done deal that Jean was coming back and the O5 would be reunited in X-Factor, but Claremont shoehorned Maddie's pregnancy right towards the end so I can't help but wonder if he did that on purpose because of Jean's return. Especially considering it's only a few issues before she gives birth, so really that should have been axed since it only makes Scott look like more of a cad.
    Scott not being suited to be a headmaster would have made for an interesting character challenge, and it would make more sense for him as a character than retiring from being an X-Man to marry a woman who he barely knows who looks and sounds exactly like his dead girlfriend. He would still be connected to the X-Men in some way. I think Magneto could have attempted to adopt Charles's ideology without becoming headmaster, or if he did he could be a headmaster for another school. And I don't think Logan would ever perform better in a headmaster role, at least not back then. And even dismissing all those alternatives and if Scott still needed to be written out of the book, a better way should have been found.

Claremont's insistence that Jean loved Logan ruined all three characters. Especially as he seems to have forgotten that he wrote Logan as a creepy borderline stalker who Jean could barely stomach being around. Remember how he carried around a photograph of her (Scott torn out of the picture) in his pants in the Savage land and was all "I HAD PLANS FOR US JEANNIE"? He was like a Lifetime movie villain.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    I'd have loved to have been a fly on the wall at the meetings where they decided that Scott was now Hitler and even people who had been his allies after AvX now hated him. What was he originally supposed to have done? Was there even a plan before they decided to scrap it and go with him (but not really him) killing a cloud?
    I think Emma as the scapegoat was a last minute thing. Scott was supposed to have done soemthing terrible; the writers just hadnt settled on what that would be. What we got in DoX wasnt consistent with the nuggets we were getting.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    You're getting your wires crossed. The people being harassed were fans of Rey (not Reylo) and the female and poc actors and crew. John Boyega was harassed by Reylo fans. They are not the victims here.
    Get your facts straight. John Boyega posted a sexist comment about Rey and what he wanted to do to her character sexually on Instagram. He was rightfully called out by female fans who said he needs to delete his comment and apologize. Afraid he was going to be cancelled, he turned it into a race thing and claimed he was being attacked by racist fans (which occurred back when TFA teaser came out but this was not the same legion of fans). His media spin saved him from being cancelled, even though if you look at all the "hateful" comments he posted in a video, they were all female fans calling out his sexism and saying he should retract his statement. This is the same guy, mind you, who supports Chris Brown so his misogyny is nothing new to us. And ADOS has called him out for how he treated his ex-girlfriend as well. JB is also the same guy who called Kelly Marie Tran weak for leaving social media and he's the same guy who cropped Kelly out of a picture.

Reylo fans are Rey fans, I'm not even going to debate that. It's also no coincidence that most Rose Tico stans that were heavily bullied were also Reylo stans. I don't care if you acknowledge that or not, because the truth exists and Kelly Marie Tran knows what is the truth. She herself has talked about Reylo and it was Reylos/Rose stans who gave her a scrapbook of Rose fanart and creations to honor her. We're the ones who constantly trend #WheresRose when we feel she has been sidelined, which is about all the time.

Extraordinary Member

I would love it if AgentZ and WhiteCrown post this stuff in the Star Wars Forum section. So I won’t have to see the same few topics there all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I would love it if AgentZ and WhiteCrown post this stuff in the Star Wars Forum section. So I won’t have to see the same few topics there all the time.
    I think that's not an unpopular opinion, seconded!

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Scott not being suited to be a headmaster would have made for an interesting character challenge, and it would make more sense for him as a character than retiring from being an X-Man to marry a woman who he barely knows who looks and sounds exactly like his dead girlfriend. He would still be connected to the X-Men in some way. I think Magneto could have attempted to adopt Charles's ideology without becoming headmaster, or if he did he could be a headmaster for another school. And I don't think Logan would ever perform better in a headmaster role, at least not back then. And even dismissing all those alternatives and if Scott still needed to be written out of the book, a better way should have been found.

Claremont's insistence that Jean loved Logan ruined all three characters. Especially as he seems to have forgotten that he wrote Logan as a creepy borderline stalker who Jean could barely stomach being around. Remember how he carried around a photograph of her (Scott torn out of the picture) in his pants in the Savage land and was all "I HAD PLANS FOR US JEANNIE"? He was like a Lifetime movie villain.
    I know when working with John Byrne, Claremont was basically required to always keep one member of the O5 team on the X-Men. With Jean dead and Scott gone, that's why Warren came back to the team but as soon as Byrne left, Claremont chucked him out. I think Cyclops, like Colossus, was one of those characters that Claremont liked, but didn't love as much as say Storm, Wolverine, Rogue, or Psylocke, and so he didn't feel the need to constantly keep him around. Since his original plans, back when Jean wasn't supposed to die, involved Jean rejecting Magneto giving back her powers in UXM 150, and then Scott and Jean would both marry and have baby Rachel, I'm pretty sure Scott was going to leave the X-Men back then as well. Maddie seemed like his way of having his cake and eating it too, a way to technically bring back Jean without ever explicitly making her Jean. He split Jean into Maddie and Rachel, so that he could have Scott's romantic life fulfilled and also still write someone like Jean on the active X-Men team, hence Rachel's intro. Even though Rachel shouldn't have even existed since the DOFP Rachel was meant to be from the 616 timeline when the story was written and that was also back when Jean was planned to never die. Hence why in the finished story, she's just a random redhead named Rachel and they can't confirm her parents since suddenly it wouldn't make sense for her to exist without her mother alive. Several years later, he was too interested in introducing Rachel that he didn't care about retconning DOFP so that it was an alternate reality instead.

The only other school was the Massachusetts Academy and I don't see Magneto as the headmaster type. It was never the best fit for him, which he also recognized, so it was one thing for Xavier to leave that position to him, it's another altogether for Magneto to use his eventual Hellfire Club connections and actively seek the role of headmaster. I know the original plans for the Muir Island Saga's conclusion and UXM 300 was that Xavier would die, Gateway would be his spiritual surrogate as the new mentor figure of the team, whereas Magneto would be completely reformed but not in a headmaster type role but an active one. As for better reasons for Scott leaving the team, I feel that giving him that happy ending was the only plausible route, since otherwise his life is defined by the X-Men. Especially since Scott and Jean did leave the time during the late 90s. Not to mention other classic couples that Scott and Jean are most constantly compared to, Reed/Sue and Wanda/Vision, also occasionally left their teams as couples. The only alternative to get Scott to leave would be to go to space with Corsair and the Starjammers, like he briefly considered doing, but he if he did that, he'd be about as AWOL as Carol Danvers as Binary was or Xavier himself.

The thing about the love triangle is that even though Claremont fed into it with the Classic X-Men backstories and such, he never held much influence beyond that. By the time he was gone, Scott and Jean ended up getting married. The love triangle didn't really resurface in the comics until the movies and the Ultimate Universe. Jean's feelings for Logan were pretty much unrequited before her return and even after her return, she was never around Logan enough for it to do any damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Medusa was teammates with Dazzler in A-Force during that era and when she learned she was sick and dying from M-Pox, this is all she had to offer her

The hell? Dazzler had to apologize for blaming her. She was treated as being wrong for being upset that she was dying. Medusa said if she could do anythng to help she would yet refused to destroy the cloud and allowed it go persist, infect and kill more mutants. The writing in this era was BS
    LOL, this is like a mother whose child died in a school shooting apologising to Charlton Heston for being mean about the NRA's role in promoting a dangerous gun culture.