Page 421 of 486 FirstFirst ... 321371411417418419420421422423424425431471 ... LastLast
Results 6,301 to 6,315 of 7280
  1. #6301
    Mighty Member Rang10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    1,752

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Probably Joanna in Age of X , in a goodway lol, they were the ultimate power couple
    There isnt rape in a good way.

    It was a AU, so no rape

  2. #6302
    Ultimate Member Ambaryerno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    13,105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Kitty and Peter didn't start dating when he was under age though. He was either legally of age already if not a bit older.
    Irrelevant. The exclusion still exists. It may have been created with this situation in mind, but it's not exclusive TO it. Incidentally, New York (where the age of consent is 17) is one of the states that has a "Romeo and Juliet Law" like this. Since Kitty and Peter were within four years of one another, their relationship was completely legal even though Peter was 18.
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 02-10-2021 at 09:29 PM.
    Still hoping for that Helix Reunion...

    The New X-Men: Can't let you grow up because you make everyone look old. But we can sure as @#$% mindlessly kill you off for shock value!

    Pull List: N/A

  3. #6303
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    1,450

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    There isnt rape in a good way.

    It was a AU, so no rape
    Well everyone was role playing literally in that pocket universe so close enough. However dark Cyclops was in that role ,Joanna really wanted that 'life' even after it was over. Her fantasy was fulfilled whatever it was, explicit or implicit
    Last edited by Rev9; 02-11-2021 at 01:51 AM.

  4. #6304
    Incredible Member frostedemma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    683

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Many states have EXCLUSIONS so long as both partners are within a certain age range of one another. This is to protect couples who are both under 18 when they START dating, but the older partner "ages out." I believe here in MO there's about a 5 year window.
    Actually both exist. Romeo and Juliet laws are for someone who 18-19 dating a 16-17 years old, an 18-19 years old being caught sleeping with a 14 years old is very much going to jail lol. And even if it was "legal", laws =/ morality, that shit is wrong and gross, period. Jim Shooter was right to shut it down.

  5. #6305
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    4,105

    Default

    Collossus was 18 and Kitty was 13. But they didn’t start dating until she was 14 if I remember correctly.


    Still for the early 80s, that’s not bad at all.

    I remember teen girls going out with older men way older than 19, during that time frame.

    Most people didn’t make a big deal about it then.

  6. #6306
    Amazing Member lunarmagik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    66

    Default

    Taking the legality of it doesn't make it right, and even so if we take into consideration the laws a 18yo would still go to jail as frostedemma pointed so.

    It's not an okay relationship lmao, he's a young adult, she's barely at the start of her teens. It doesn't matter if 40 years ago we thought it was okay, 40 years ago they were wrong.

  7. #6307
    Incredible Member frostedemma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    683

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Actually Kitty and Colosus had plenty in common. Dont act like they had the typical teenage experience
    Just because Kitty was an X-man at a young age doesn't change her brain development or the fact that she was literally a 14 years old child. As a matter of fact Kitty very much acted like a 14 years old despite being a full time superhero.

    Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Was it confirmed he was 18 for sure? Or is he slightly older? Because the All New X-Men had been together for at least a year in-universe before meeting Kitty and he reads as at least 18 from the beginning. He's the baby of the group, but still more of an adult than Kitty.

    It was a high school senior who already fathered a child in the Savage Land by this point.



    Kitty and Peter didn't start dating when he was under age though. He was either legally of age already if not a bit older.

    Let's not forget that he said to Wolverine that he could have been married to Kitty and raising a family "by now" if they were in Russia. "By now" being when she was 14.

    https://www.cbr.com/x-men-kitty-pryd...y-backstory/2/

    Again, if she'd been even 16-17 at this point it would be a little easier to swallow. Or if he had been that age when he started dating her at 14.
    Piotr was said to be the same age as Ororo and she was 18-19 years old when Kitty came along. I don't know why people are bending over backward to defend this. At the end of the day Colossus is a fictional character and it was the writers who were trying to push a weird predatory relationship and it's a good thing it got shut down. DoFP was an alternate time where we only ever saw them as adults so there was no issue with them being married, in the 616 timeline Kitty was entering teenhood and having a childhood crush on the guy who was kind to her while she was having a (understandingly) hard time adjusting to her new environment, Piotr pursing a romantic relationship with Kitty would be textbook grooming. It's honestly a good thing it got shut down by an editorial.

    Side note but that line about Piotr and Kitty being married by now if they had been in Russia is so funny because not they wouldn't. One of the good things about Soviet Russia is that it liberated women, including banning child marriages.

  8. #6308
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,504

    Default

    It wasn't considered ok in those days in the US. The way the comics explained it, Colossus came from a culture where they could have been married at that point. I don't know if the Soviet Union was really like that, but for most of human history kids got married in their early teens, and often to much older people, without anyone batting an eye. 2 of my ancestors got married at 13 in the mid-1800s. Both sides were equally ridiculously young instead of one being much older than the other, but that was the world they lived in at the time. By our standards it was wrong, but in the culture Colossus grew up in it was apparently normal. Sailor Moon has a similar issue where the male lead is 19 and in college while the female lead is 14 and still in middle school. I think they made him 17 in the English dub.

  9. #6309
    Incredible Member frostedemma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    683

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Actually Kitty and Colosus had plenty in common. Dont act like they had the typical teenage experience
    Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Was it confirmed he was 18 for sure? Or is he slightly older? Because the All New X-Men had been together for at least a year in-universe before meeting Kitty and he reads as at least 18 from the beginning. He's the baby of the group, but still more of an adult than Kitty.

    It was a high school senior who already fathered a child in the Savage Land by this point.



    Kitty and Peter didn't start dating when he was under age though. He was either legally of age already if not a bit older.

    Let's not forget that he said to Wolverine that he could have been married to Kitty and raising a family "by now" if they were in Russia. "By now" being when she was 14.

    https://www.cbr.com/x-men-kitty-pryd...y-backstory/2/

    Again, if she'd been even 16-17 at this point it would be a little easier to swallow. Or if he had been that age when he started dating her at 14.
    Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Collossus was 18 and Kitty was 13. But they didn’t start dating until she was 14 if I remember correctly.


    Still for the early 80s, that’s not bad at all.

    I remember teen girls going out with older men way older than 19, during that time frame.

    Most people didn’t make a big deal about it then.
    Nah an 18-19 dating an 13 years old would still raise eyebrows in the 80's. While it was more or less "ok" for guys in their 20's to date "barely legal" girls, it didn't fly with 13-15 years old girls and a lot of rockstar would face backlash and criticism for sleeping with 13-15 years old groupies. Like the 80's weren't that long ago.

  10. #6310
    Incredible Member frostedemma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    683

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    It wasn't considered ok in those days in the US. The way the comics explained it, Colossus came from a culture where they could have been married at that point. I don't know if the Soviet Union was really like that, but for most of human history kids got married in their early teens, and often to much older people, without anyone batting an eye. 2 of my ancestors got married at 13 in the mid-1800s. Both sides were equally ridiculously young instead of one being much older than the other, but that was the world they lived in at the time. By our standards it was wrong, but in the culture Colossus grew up in it was apparently normal. Sailor Moon has a similar issue where the male lead is 19 and in college while the female lead is 14 and still in middle school. I think they made him 17 in the English dub.
    In pre Soviet Russia it would have been okay since Russia was a backward serfdom society pre-revolution, but during the soviet era and especially during the 80's it wouldn't be accepted. I was just mentioning it because I found it funny and another example about how americans were misinformed about Russia during the cold war.

  11. #6311
    Invincible Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    22,314

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    Nah an 18-19 dating an 13 years old would still raise eyebrows in the 80's. While it was more or less "ok" for guys in their 20's to date "barely legal" girls, it didn't fly with 13-15 years old girls and a lot of rockstar would face backlash and criticism for sleeping with 13-15 years old groupies. Like the 80's weren't that long ago.
    They werent having sex! The relationship was like 2 months and the most we ever saw them do was kiss. There wasnt even any sex implied between them. They didnt consumate until years later as adults. The relationship in the context that it was presented was rather innocent and not as nefarious as you are making it out to be

  12. #6312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Was it confirmed he was 18 for sure?
    colossus18.jpg

    This is just before the Brood saga. Piotr was probably 16 in Giant Size #1. He was the baby of that group, younger than Iceman.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 02-11-2021 at 10:48 AM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

  13. #6313
    Incredible Member frostedemma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    683

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    They werent having sex! The relationship was like 2 months and the most we ever saw them do was kiss. There wasnt even any sex implied between them. They didnt consumate until years later as adults. The relationship in the context that it was presented was rather innocent and not as nefarious as you are making it out to be
    You keep mentioning they weren't having sex as if that suddenly makes the relationship ok. It's good that the relationship wasn't sexual and we all know it wasn't, but it still makes the relationship wrong lmao. Just because it wasn't has bad as it could of been doesn't make it right either. There's no such thing as an "innocent" romantic relationship between an adult and a 13-14 years old girl lol.

    You are aware that not everyone on the sex offender registry had sexual relations with their victims right? A lot of groomers and predators precisely don't have any sort of sexual contact with their victims as a line of defence, so that when the age gap and age of consent is brought up they can see "we never had sex! this is a pure and innocent relationship and you're the one being perverted and sexualising it".

  14. #6314
    Invincible Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    22,314

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    You keep mentioning they weren't having sex as if that suddenly makes the relationship ok. It's good that the relationship wasn't sexual and we all know it wasn't, but it still makes the relationship wrong lmao. Just because it wasn't has bad as it could of been doesn't make it right either. There's no such thing as an "innocent" romantic relationship between an adult and a 13-14 years old girl lol.

    You are aware that not everyone on the sex offender registry had sexual relations with their victims right? A lot of groomers and predators precisely don't have any sort of sexual contact with their victims as a line of defence, so that when the age gap and age of consent is brought up they can see "we never had sex! this is a pure and innocent relationship and you're the one being perverted and sexualising it".
    I dont see Piotr as a sexual predator.

  15. #6315
    Incredible Member frostedemma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    683

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont see Piotr as a sexual predator.
    Did we not have a lengthy discussion in this very thread about how characters like Emma, Mystique and etc aren't actual rapist but comic writers don't take rape by deception seriously and use it as a plot device? This is the exact same thing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •