Page 79 of 655 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389129179579 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 9824
    Mighty Member

Ok I really don’t understand why some people have problem with cyclops taking leadership.
    Cyclops has always been the leader tho, Xavier assigned him from waaaaaaay back and people didn’t complain.

But now, for some unknown reasons, he’s getting so much hate ... and we r not even sure what role he’s gonna take.
    I gotta say tho,
    Storm was a leader .... n flopped ( which I acknowledge is writers fault)
    Kitty led and it was horrendous
    Jean had a chance too ... n it was meh

Scott has been died for a while now, they all had a shot ... and the main guy is back. X-Folks should bow down!!

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Some of the X-men are to powerful, to many omega level X-men on the team that have planet moving feats, nerf em or at least add side effects to them taxing their powers.
    Last edited by Tazpocalapse; 12-08-2018 at 07:16 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Most of the New X-Men and other younger students are garbage. They’re little more than reductive ****.
    Yes!

applause-gif-2.gif

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    Some of the X-men are to powerful, to many omega level X-men on the team that have planet moving feats, nerf em or at least at side effects to them taxing their powers.
    The word omega level ... really lost its weight.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Most of the New X-Men and other younger students are garbage. They’re little more than reductive ****.
    hoo boy
    Yeah, that's not an opinion you hear a lot, but I certainly share it.

Red is the best X-series of the year.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Astonishing X-Men is overrated
    I'm the moonshield

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Chris Claremont is usually unreadable. I don't know how anyone could stick with a book of his let alone read Sixteen years of his X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Chris Claremont is usually unreadable. I don't know how anyone could stick with a book of his let alone read Sixteen years of his X-Men.
    Ok, you win this thread.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Leadership is overrated

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Ok, you win this thread.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Ok, you win this thread.
    I can appreciate his work in small doses, I suppose reading his work on a monthly schedule could be more tolerable than going through several issues in a day. Decent story ideas annoyingly executed, or the occasional solid execution of a bland concept. His more recent work is better than his Sixteen year stint.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Hey don't include me on that, I mean he wins in the "this is definetely THE most unpopular opinion about X-Men" sense.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I don't think Claremont's work is unreadable, but it hasn't aged well. There are also a lot of filler stories and the man had some pretty obvious kinks. He also gets a lot of credit for depicting racially diverse characters that isn't entirely earned, he had just as many cringeworthy missteps. His work is well thought of because he had strong character work and a long uninterrupted run. There are many contemporary writers who could produce better writing if given a similarly long run.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Leadership is overrated
    I feel like the problem is that these days leadership is pretty much synonymous for protagonism when it comes to X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I don't think Claremont's work is unreadable, but it hasn't aged well. There are also a lot of filler stories and the man had some pretty obvious kinks. He also gets a lot of credit for depicting racially diverse characters that isn't entirely earned, he had just as many cringeworthy missteps. His work is well thought of because he had strong character work and a long uninterrupted run. There are many contemporary writers who could produce better writing if given a similarly long run.
    I'll cop, and say "unreadable" was an exaggeration. I agree to most of that, but I'll also say I feel as a writer he never trusted his artists to be able to convey simple ideas/actions/and expressions. That's not an issue exclusively to him, but I find much of his dialogue/narration to be painfully redundant as a side-effect. I felt that he largely grew out of that by the time of his latest run on Uncanny around M-Day, but his stories weren't really on point during that run.