Page 663 of 663 FirstFirst ... 163563613653659660661662663
Results 9,931 to 9,936 of 9936
    Fantastic Member

Apocalypse has had a strange relationship with the X-Men for a long time now. I'm a new reader but I did read like wikipedia and stuff or a while now. I can swear I remember hearing about how he was revived after House of M because of his role as strengthening mutantkind. He helped forge them into something greater or whatnot and the 198 remaining mutants needed that.

So it's not like he was always just a force of pure evil, even to the heroes.

There's also the fact Moira sought him out. He was one of the "paths' she attempted, and which failed. No doubt she convinced him the way she convinced Charles and Magneto. She literally has proof what he was going to try to do wouldn't work.

I don't care what anyone says, Krakoa Apocalypse has been my favorite part of the era so far in what I've read. It's not like he's actually repentant for what he's done in the past -

There's just a better way now
    Last edited by NK1988; Today at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Exodus most definitely was a villian. With that said, I do agree with you in terms of people being able to ally themselves with him. He's not unreasonable. I dont think he's really changed much at all but they all had a common goal which has kept him in line
    Yeah he is one I'm curious where he goes from here. He might follow Apocalypse.

Fantastic Member

While I'm posting scans, though, I'm glad somebody said it finally:

I wish it was an adult with actual authority but you know, maybe this was the writer expressing exasperation.

Quote Originally Posted by NK1988 View Post
    Apocalypse has had a strange relationship with the X-Men for a long time now. I'm a new reader but I did read like wikipedia and stuff or a while now. I can swear I remember hearing about how he was revived after House of M because of his role as strengthening mutantkind. He helped forge them into something greater or whatnot and the 198 remaining mutants needed that.

There's also the fact Moira sought him out. He was one of the "paths' she attempted, and which failed. No doubt she convinced him the way she convinced Charles and Magneto. She literally has proof what he was going to try to do wouldn't work.

I don't care what anyone says, Krakoa Apocalypse has been my favorite part of the era so far in what I've read. It's not like he's actually repentant for what he's done in the past -

There's just a better way now
    Did you ever read abut Simonson's original intention for Apocalypse? She got to write it out in X-Factor Forever. Basically he was preparing Earth for judgement by the Celestials (not unlike Judgement Day). He pushed for Survival of the Fittest bc he felt it would give Earth the best chance of being judged worth of passing.

Its a conversation that most people dont want to have but outside OG X-Factor, 616 Apocalypse has never been a good villian. Peope's really grasp onto TAS and AOA but both are alternate reality versions. Every story around Apocalypse from the 90s forward have sucked until Krakoa recontextualized him and finally found a way to make him actually work. I really worry for what they will do with him but I hope they dont try to reset him bc he wasnt that good before

Quote Originally Posted by NK1988 View Post

I think the biggest misstep has been retconning the purpose of clan Akkaba, and having Apoccy basically disown them :/ Also the Genesis thing was dumb. It messes up too much lore..... :/

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Did you ever read abut Simonson's original intention for Apocalypse? She got to write it out in X-Factor Forever. Basically he was preparing Earth for judgement by the Celestials (not unlike Judgement Day). He pushed for Survival of the Fittest bc he felt it would give Earth the best chance of being judged worth of passing.

Its a conversation that most people dont want to have but outside OG X-Factor, 616 Apocalypse has never been a good villian. Peope's really grasp onto TAS and AOA but both are alternate reality versions. Every story around Apocalypse from the 90s forward have sucked until Krakoa recontextualized him and finally found a way to make him actually work. I really worry for what they will do with him but I hope they dont try to reset him bc he wasnt that good before
    He's been a good character when he's not the main villain. As a secondary villain to Stryfe in X-Cutioner's Song or Messiah War or as a posthumous character in Remender's Uncanny X-Force and Avengers he's good. Krakoa is not that different, he's not a good primary villain there either.