Page 660 of 669 FirstFirst ... 160560610650656657658659660661662663664 ... LastLast
Results 9,886 to 9,900 of 10028

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    It is a fact, in the Marvel Universe, the existence of the individual soul. So how is possible the existence of two different Lauras? The Five can bring back the body and the conscience of those who die, but it was never said they could bring back their souls.
    Ewing's Jane Foster book had an entity cite the Five's resurrection as a reason why death has no meaning, alongside the Green Door. Page. Legitimate resurrection through cloned bodies is also possible (See: Nick Spencer's Spider-Man.) The fact that cradles weren't shown as any less valid than the Waiting Room, and that no writer or story in the past 5 years contradicted this beyond the copy problem, show that in-universe, the Resurrection Protocols are legit.

As for the clone problem? We don't know. It's an exception that was largely avoided outside of Beast, Laura and one of Maggot's maggots. They just never explored the implications and if the clones are simply clones, or if they share a soul with their original selves, or if one has a soul and not the other, or what. But their unique cases don't mean that all resurrections are fake.

As for these characters themselves, I like to think the clones are also legit. I mean, why can't two people both be aspects of the real person? This is a world where we have beings who prefer to be part of a hive mind, Jean and the Phoenix may or may not be one and the same, gestalt beings exist, people can go back in time and live alongside their past selves without issue, and Franklin has split into different aspects of himself. Yeah, those are pretty different from cloning, but it's a world where such things could very easily be possible. But this part is just my theorizing, not anything that's been proven in canon.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by NK1988 View Post
    Buffoon or evil, neither are traits you want in a leader. In both cases he fails and everyone else should have kicked him out ASAP.
    His presence on the Council was explained very early in the Krakoa era. Regardless of his personnality, nobody liked him or wanted him there but they needed him and thought they could control him (which he let them believe), because they underestimated him. Which was a big mistake by the Council which ended up with the current storyline. That was the whole point of Hellions and Sins of Sinister.

(I agree that Gillen played with the "buffoonery" a bit too much, culminating in the childish drawings in the Sinister Notes, which were a reach too far even for me)

Buffoon or evil, neither are traits you want in a leader. In both cases he fails and everyone else should have kicked him out ASAP.
    They needed his DNA library to even make the premise of Krakoa work. Sinister leveraged that to get his seat on the QC. Without the mutant resurrections, the nation and what Xavier was attempting to do simply would not possible

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    They needed his DNA library to even make the premise of Krakoa work. Sinister leveraged that to get his seat on the QC. Without the mutant resurrections, the nation and what Xavier was attempting to do simply would not possible
    Then you take his research and kill him.

Or you keep him around, imprisoned and tortured if you need his expertise along with his resources.

Or when he shows up with his entire team mysteriously dead, having totally failed to complete the task he was assigned by the Council, you fire him.

Especially when his buffoon act in front of everyone about "OH WOE IS ME MY TEAM IS DEAD I AM SO REMORSEFUL AND SAD" has everyone else on the Council knowing he doesn't mean a goddamn word of it.

You look for any opportunity, any vaguely plausible excuse, to hurt him. That is the only sensible option.

They voted Jean off the Council because she just went and did her own thing. Sinister actively failed them in the mission they voted for him and got his team killed. (and let's be honest if they didn't at least suspect him of actually murdering them all, they're idiots) Perhaps some consequences are in order?

EDIT:

I am being hyperbolic with the torture thing. I'm reading Hellions right now and I'm very mad at Sinister. But the point is, if you make a deal with the devil, you don't then give teh devil free reign. You look for any opportunity to undercut him.
    Last edited by NK1988; 04-22-2024 at 12:32 AM.

Spectacular Member

Or you keep him around, imprisoned and tortured if you need his expertise along with his resources.

Or when he shows up with his entire team mysteriously dead, having totally failed to complete the task he was assigned by the Council, you fire him.

Especially when his buffoon act in front of everyone about "OH WOE IS ME MY TEAM IS DEAD I AM SO REMORSEFUL AND SAD" has everyone else on the Council knowing he doesn't mean a goddamn word of it.

You look for any opportunity, any vaguely plausible excuse, to hurt him. That is the only sensible option.

They voted Jean off the Council because she just went and did her own thing. Sinister actively failed them in the mission they voted for him and got his team killed. (and let's be honest if they didn't at least suspect him of actually murdering them all, they're idiots) Perhaps some consequences are in order?
    All the members of the council were ridiculously stupid and incompetent, and don't deserve to lead anything again, this includes Storm, Xavier, Magneto, Kitty and Emma.

Also, if there’s a Nazi at the table and 11 other people sitting there talking to him, you got a table with 12 Nazis.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Sinister's buffoon personality was precisely artificially created so that others underestimate him. It's been explained in both Hellions and Immortal.
    I get it but that doesnt mean you give him a seat of power. You make him the court jester.

Extraordinary Member

Sinister's demeanor was played up just to make the scenes interesting. He should not have had a seat even if he was the most well behaved during meetings. However, as shown in life nine, groups will work for someone who they know will betray them if they think they can gain something from it in the process. The Krakoan government was not formed on any basis of morality.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I get it but that doesnt mean you give him a seat of power. You make him the court jester.
    I mean, aside from letting him have a vote sometimes, they didn't take him all that seriously. They put a muzzle on him once, just to shut him up. They were willing to kick his ass over Stasis without listening to his side of the story, and this was ironically the one time things weren't his fault.

He was kept around because he was useful, and they thought they could control him. And honestly, outside of SoS (which could not have happened without outside interference no one could have predicted), he did far less damage than he usually did. Putting him on the Council was a good way of babysitting him.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NearlyEnough View Post
    All the members of the council were ridiculously stupid and incompetent, and don't deserve to lead anything again, this includes Storm, Xavier, Magneto, Kitty and Emma.

Also, if there’s a Nazi at the table and 11 other people sitting there talking to him, you got a table with 12 Nazis.

Fact. Quiet Council? More like Nazi Council.

EDIT:

I am being hyperbolic with the torture thing. I'm reading Hellions right now and I'm very mad at Sinister. But the point is, if you make a deal with the devil, you don't then give teh devil free reign. You look for any opportunity to undercut him.
    The database was also. very... lol wut.... Sinister doesn't have DNA sample of every Mutant... one of the post M-Day books even mentioned that M-Day ruined most of the samples Sinister did have. And more so... Sinister isn't the only person to record Mutant DNA sequences. If all you need to do is rez mutants currently alive... you have their DNA right there!

EDIT:

You dont think Sinister has his stuff encryped? He made it so that he was invaluable to this whole thing

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    The database was also. very... lol wut.... Sinister doesn't have DNA sample of every Mutant... one of the post M-Day books even mentioned that M-Day ruined most of the samples Sinister did have. And more so... Sinister isn't the only person to record Mutant DNA sequences. If all you need to do is rez mutants currently alive... you have their DNA right there!
    The context that was setup in this era is that he does. Just like Cerebro was changed to have been backing up minds from early on, Moira was a mutant, Goldballs balls are eggs, etc.....Sinister's library was already accounted for in Powers of X. Later in Hellions, it was revealed that he was using genetic collection drones to go out and automatically collect mutant DNA samples. No one trusted Sinister but he was considered a necessary evil

As for your latter point, that would be fine if they onyl were trying to resurrect current mutants but we know they were after those that had also been long dead
    Last edited by Havok83; 04-22-2024 at 08:32 AM.

Extraordinary Member

I want to see a flashback scene of the Quiet Counsel voting Oya to the pit. Because how the hell could any one of them, besides Sinister and Apoc, do that?

Maybe Mystique and Exodus too depending what mood they were in.

But really how could any of the other ones doom Idie to the pit?
    Last edited by Will Evans; 04-22-2024 at 08:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I want to see a flashback scene of the Quiet Counsel voting Oya to the pit. Because how the hell could any one of them, besides Sinister and Apoc, do that?

Maybe Mystique and Exodus too depending what mood they were in.

But really how could any of the other ones doom Idie to the pit?
    Didn't Xavier and Magneto chose to do so by themselves ?
    Also depending on who was on the council (i don't remember), but Destiny and Shaw would not care much.

I give all these people that are so happy the Krakoa era is done by the end of the year before they are crappying all over the post Krakoa era for being boring just like they were before Krakoa

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

At least the X-Men won't be villainous scum anymore.