Page 452 of 657 FirstFirst ... 352402442448449450451452453454455456462502552 ... LastLast
Results 6,766 to 6,780 of 9846

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Well it could be said that humans are trying to stave off their own extinction in the face of mutant expansion and looming domination. And just as mutants see themselves as being justified in their actions to defend themselves, humans do as well. When a species see their back is against a wall they will do whatever it takes to survive. It would be foolish to think humanity is just going to roll over for mutants, that they will let their species go into that good night without a fight.

Would mutants accept staying on their island if the humans pledge not to bother or interfere with them? Would they destroy all the gates planted in various countries around the world and keep to themselves on Krakoa, I suspect not. Its Its highly hypocritical that mutants don't want humans on Krakoa but have no problem going into sovereign countries to do whatever they want. What would mutants do if all the nations decided to end diplomatic relations, reject the drugs, destroy the gates on their land and ban mutants from entering their borders? How would Krakoa react to that? Would they accept that and stay on Krakoa or would they ignore it and do whatever they want? And if they did ignore the other countries decrees would said countries have the right to attack Krakoa, and would mutants have any right to complain?
    why is it hypocritical for mutants to protect themselves from future abuse. It is like a woman being abused from her husband. She moves out gets her own house so she can't be abused by him. Why is necessary for the husband to have access to where she stays? And the woman hasn't wrong the husband so why would it be unfair for her to go back into her old house to get her stuff?

If humans did the things you are saying it would prove the need for Krakoa, So there is no point in having that hypothetical convo. No matter how you guys want to try spin this, The problem in this always begins with Humans treating good mutants like they are bad mutants. The X-men would be fighting the very people they around right now if Humans would stop treating them like they are bad guys.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 03-01-2021 at 10:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    What would mutants do if all the nations decided to end diplomatic relations, reject the drugs, destroy the gates on their land and ban mutants from entering their borders? How would Krakoa react to that? Would they accept that and stay on Krakoa or would they ignore it and do whatever they want?
    It’s what the Inhumans did: they kept among themselves and developped a self-sufficient culture. But no Inhuman were born among humans…

What I don’t understand is why the Krakoans wanted the UN recognition when they don’t apply to the first article of the Declaration of Human Rights: clearly, for them, humans and mutants are not equal, they don’t have the same rights. The Krakoans make their own laws with no regard to international laws. They want respectability but without any constraint of it… It’s rather hypocritical.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    It’s what the Inhumans did: they kept among themselves and developped a self-sufficient culture. But no Inhuman were born among humans…

What I don’t understand is why the Krakoans wanted the UN recognition when they don’t apply to the first article of the Declaration of Human Rights: clearly, for them, humans and mutants are not equal, they don’t have the same rights. The Krakoans make their own laws with no regard to international laws. They want respectability but without any constraint of it… It’s rather hypocritical.
    The last time mutants had island, Utopia it was taken over by US because it wasn't recognized as legit island/nation. UN recognition is to prevent that scenario from happening again

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post

Well..they were....they just did not develop powers until Black Bolt released the Terrigen Cloud.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    The last time mutants had island, Utopia it was taken over by US because it wasn't recognized as legit island/nation. UN recognition is to prevent that scenario from happening again
    And before Utopia mutants had Genosha, the UN seeded Genosha to Magneto, it was what mutants wanted. A homeland of their own, a place to thrive; and what happened? Magneto gets his wish his dream and promptly turns around and declares war on humanity. So humans gave mutants what they always wanted and they use it as a staging ground for war. And worse it made all the anti mutant hardliners, those who were against giving Genova to mutants be right in their opposition. While all those who supported a mutant homeland look foolish and naive. Talk
    about shortsideedness and being ones own worse enemy, mutants had a good thing and threw it away. Now they have Krakoa and UN recognition again and are still doing shady stuff, let's see what happens humans decide mutant drugs are not worth the price of looming destruction.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Well..they were....they just did not develop powers until Black Bolt released the Terrigen Cloud.
    The tangled story of Marvel comics… The Inhumans usually don’t care about the humans and the humans usually don’t care about the Inhumans. And it’s a good thing.

What prevents the Krakoans to do the same thing? Mutants popping up all the time in the human population… I do think that in a realistic situation the humans wouldn’t care about the mutants as long as these latter don’t mess up with them. A problem with a mutant? They would him send him gladly to Krakoa. What do we do about North Korea? Absolutely nothing. And it’s not as if we like the North Koreans…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Umm... The mayor of San Francisco sent supplies to Utopia so they did get assistance from humans. Norman crazy Osborn was the one who attacked and everyone teamed up to fight him.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Unpopular Opinion: En Sabah Nur literally became a douche "Apocalypse" with his origins revealed during XoS. That guy is nowhere near deadly anymore with respect to his motivations. zzzzz
    Just for arguments sake, changing his motivations (even if I disagree with that concept) doesn’t change the fact Apocalypse has killed all those people and ended the Bronze Age. I wouldn’t say it makes him less deadly, maybe it makes him more sympathetic though.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Utopia was in the middle of San Francisco harbor with a population smaller then some apartment buildings; why the hell would anyone recognize that as a sovereign nation?
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Even the countries that rejected Krakoa like Brazil have the gates. That is a nightmare that majority of nations would not accept. A bunch of people getting in and out with diplomatic immunity. On top of that super powers
    I just wanna know if y’all were this mad every time the X-Men took the Blackbird and flew into another country.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I just wanna know if y’all were this mad every time the X-Men took the Blackbird and flew into another country.
    There is a difference between operating as rogue vigilantes and as citizens of a sovereign nation. Yes...while flying into another country and even operating in the US and breaking into NORAD can have serious legal consequences...having a one way open borders policy being forced on every country around the world would not really be something the real world would not stand for.

I would like to see that pre-Krakoa attitude that the X-Men had of "we're heroes...we can do whatever we want" be the reason that there were people who didn't like or trust the X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Just for arguments sake, changing his motivations (even if I disagree with that concept) doesn’t change the fact Apocalypse has killed all those people and ended the Bronze Age. I wouldn’t say it makes him less deadly, maybe it makes him more sympathetic though.
    It didn't made him more sympathetuc to e, he still a genocider having a family has no bearing on who he is

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    There is a difference between operating as rogue vigilantes and as citizens of a sovereign nation. Yes...while flying into another country and even operating in the US and breaking into NORAD can have serious legal consequences...having a one way open borders policy being forced on every country around the world would not really be something the real world would not stand for.

I would like to see that pre-Krakoa attitude that the X-Men had of "we're heroes...we can do whatever we want" be the reason that there were people who didn't like or trust the X-Men.
    That is the case for every superteam on marvel universe, they ener other countries without authorization.

I think a blackbird is very small scale than millions of mutnats with free pass to all countries of the world

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Krakoa citizenship doesn't exclude others, being given automatically due to mutant status. Therefore, Wolverine still is a Canadian citizen, Cyclops an American, etc. Therefore, makes no sense for them to be forbidden to go to other places. Krakoa also didn't steal anyone's land and didn't have to kill anyone to exist, unlike some places... Also, Krakoa doesn't make mandatory for any mutant to live there.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    It didn't made him more sympathetuc to e, he still a genocider having a family has no bearing on who he is
    Well I don’t think you understand how I mean the term sympathetic in this case. I don’t mean readers feel sorry for him more so I mean there is now a clear motivation to his actions outside “only the strong survive” which was his motto until X of Swords. Also you’re not using the term genocide correctly, he didn’t wipe people out based on race creed or religion he wiped out the weak regardless of those things. Mass murderer absolutely, genocide I don’t think so.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    He did genocided the the bronze age but apparently he has changed and if anything that defines his character was his malignance towards his motivation "Survival Of The Fittest". I like that about him a lot. He isn't the big bad like Darkseid or Thanos. There are tons of Omegas who are more powerful than him therefore he has to surpass his own limits of his powers that were granted by Celestials in-story. His motivations drives him to be like that. But now that he is sympathetic, he is never even going to do that even.