Page 659 of 669 FirstFirst ... 159559609649655656657658659660661662663 ... LastLast
Results 9,871 to 9,885 of 10028

All charcters who died during Krakoa are clones, imo. Storm is the only main X-Men left.

To me this was confirmed after the **** show of having 2 Lauras at the same time. Maybe the ones that come from that place Wanda created are actually the original characters coming back into a new body, but the ones that come from the back ups are definitely clones, maybe they have souls of themselves that make them unique individuals, but they aren't the actual characters. Cyclops died in the Mother Mold in HoX/PoX and we have been reading about various of his clones, for example.

Also, it makes no sense Cyclops haven't chose to fix his powers in the resurrection process, everytime he loses his visor in battle he becomes a liability to his team and that would be reason enough for him to fix his powers.

Im hoping the MCU starts out with the Gen x or Academy X groups.

In fact, X-23 was introduced specifically because kids liked the teen characters more than the adult ones so they needed a teen version of Wolverine.
    I remember reading one interview with the writers were they said they introduced X-23 because they were trying to come up with a way to do Wolverine origin story that hadn't been done before.

Spectacular Member

The Dark Phoenix Saga is overrated

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Also, it makes no sense Cyclops haven't chose to fix his powers in the resurrection process, everytime he loses his visor in battle he becomes a liability to his team and that would be reason enough for him to fix his powers.
    This is one of the things that ruin the whole resurrections protocols. Why people who have issues with their powers don't have them fixed - same can be said for people who acquired a disability (= not those born with a disability). I know it's a tricky theme, but I refused to believe someone who lost hands or legs during a fight or because of any incident when they were already teen or adults would not have their clones return "whole".
    If Charles Xavier hadn't regained the use of his legs plenty of times in the past, I can bet that he would've been resurrected disable (just for the sake of a bad-placed attempt at disability inclusion).

Destiny has been alive for decades without her sight, but are we really suggesting that, if given the chance to be resurrected, she wouldn't choose to regain her sight? Why correct the age (so you deage Destiny) is fine but an acquired disability not?
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakka84 View Post
    This is one of the things that ruin the whole resurrections protocols. Why people who have issues with their powers don't have them fixed - same can be said for people who acquired a disability (= not those born with a disability). I know it's a tricky theme, but I refused to believe someone who lost hands or legs during a fight or because of any incident when they were already teen or adults would not have their clones return "whole".
    If Charles Xavier hadn't regained the use of his legs plenty of times in the past, I can bet that he would've been resurrected disable (just for the sake of a bad-placed attempt at disability inclusion).

Destiny has been alive for decades without her sight, but are we really suggesting that, if given the chance to be resurrected, she wouldn't choose to regain her sight? Why correct the age (so you deage Destiny) is fine but an acquired disability not?
    I am a huge Krakoa fan boy and love the Res idea with the 5. BUT!!!!

It's dumb. Cyclops should have no need for the visor (but maybe keep it for tactical reasons) especially no more red glasses...
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    - I get that everyone loves the Krakoa era,
    Say whaaaaaaaaa?!
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Incredible Member

I'm not the biggest fan of Camp, Flamboyant Sinister. It's just hard to take a villain seriously who plays Rock Paper Scissors and acts like a complete clown.

Also it makes it hard to believe anybody lets him on the Council. Shaw and Mystique might be snakes, but they at least act the part of civilized helpers and trustworthy allies. Sinister is actively mocking everyone with every word out of his mouth. So he presents himself as a complete buffoon, and everyone knows he's evil to the bone. What part of this makes him a good choice to rule anything?

Quote Originally Posted by NK1988 View Post
    I'm not the biggest fan of Camp, Flamboyant Sinister. It's just hard to take a villain seriously who plays Rock Paper Scissors and acts like a complete clown.

Also it makes it hard to believe anybody lets him on the Council. Shaw and Mystique might be snakes, but they at least act the part of civilized helpers and trustworthy allies. Sinister is actively mocking everyone with every word out of his mouth. So he presents himself as a complete buffoon, and everyone knows he's evil to the bone. What part of this makes him a good choice to rule anything?
    That was always a red flag to me.

Sinister's buffoon personality was precisely artificially created so that others underestimate him. It's been explained in both Hellions and Immortal.

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Art thou high?
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Say whaaaaaaaaa?!
    Lol I stand corrected.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Sinister's buffoon personality was precisely artificially created so that others underestimate him. It's been explained in both Hellions and Immortal.
    Buffoon or evil, neither are traits you want in a leader. In both cases he fails and everyone else should have kicked him out ASAP.

All characters who died during Krakoa are clones, imo. Storm is the only main X-Men left.
    so (not wanting to start a fight or argument) but then in your mind what is the difference between an exact copy/clone of say Cyclops or Jean, and the real deal? especially if the writers don't feel as you do then are the characters just dead?
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTheStoriesWeTell View Post
    so (not wanting to start a fight or argument) but then in your mind what is the difference between an exact copy/clone of say Cyclops or Jean, and the real deal? especially if the writers don't feel as you do then are the characters just dead?
    It is a fact, in the Marvel Universe, the existence of the individual soul. So how is possible the existence of two different Lauras? The Five can bring back the body and the conscience of those who die, but it was never said they could bring back their souls.

It is a fact, in the Marvel Universe, the existence of the individual soul. So how is possible the existence of two different Lauras? The Five can bring back the body and the conscience of those who die, but it was never said they could bring back their souls.
    Wasn't there an issue of something that did establish that? Something about the beings that rule the realms of death getting pissed that mutant souls kept getting yanked back to Earth.