Page 673 of 673 FirstFirst ... 173573623663669670671672673
Results 10,081 to 10,085 of 10085

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    That's only counting 616. X-Men have more alternate reality versions
    One can argue if those count as the same characters or not. Especially since most people have their attachments to the 616 versions. And if we start to consider alternate reality versions, then that wouldn't exclude the movies, TV shows, video games, etc.

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    One can argue if those count as the same characters or not. Especially since most people have their attachments to the 616 versions. And if we start to consider alternate reality versions, then that wouldn't exclude the movies, TV shows, video games, etc.
    True. Maybe Comicvine has counted all of them? But as I said mavel has published around 30 thousand issues of comics right? And they're available on Marvel Unlimited. So it makes sense for Wolverine to appear in third of them and Scott appearing in 8 thousand issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    True. Maybe Comicvine has counted all of them? But as I said mavel has published around 30 thousand issues of comics right? And they're available on Marvel Unlimited. So it makes sense for Wolverine to appear in third of them and Scott appearing in 8 thousand issues.
    I don't know but the numbers come across as skewed to me because even looking at Wolverine's page on Comicvine, in the top five books he's appeared in, 3/5 of those are foreign language reprints.

There's also Essential X-Men which used to reprint all the X-Men issues as well (but in English in Europe I believe). That's partially why the X-Men have always had such a boost when it comes to Comicvine appearances because pretty much all the main characters list Essential X-Men as one of their most recurring books.

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

I think I should start rooting for another character anyway. I'm done defending Cyke. I've had enough.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JThree View Post
    Disagree. It was Claremont's original plan for Maddie to originally be Jean reborn. Check out those few pages from XMen (Can't remember those issue numbers) from the mid eighties. I think it was a valid plan, until Layton, Shooter, and everyone else came up with an alternate plan to bring Jean back.
    --jthree
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I've seen Claremont state that his his only plans for Maddie and Cyclops were to have Cyclops retire and ride off into the sunset to live a normal life with a normal girl.
    No, in the "From the Ashes" arc, Claremont intended Maddie to be here own person and everything else a red herring. It was his way of having Scott move on while also paying homage to his original planned ending for Jean had she lived. He really should have had Maddie look nothing like Jean once Mastermind was defeated, or preferably just wrote Scott out in a different way so he could focus on Storm. Turns out if he had been more patient, Jean was gonna be resurrected in a few years and he may have had more control over it.

Maddie ended up becoming one of his best written characters as part of her descent into the Goblin Queen and the clone retcons actually made more sense than what came before. But I'm not sure her existence is worth the rest of it, both the X-Factor stuff and Claremont 's own very dodgy ideas it interrupted
    Last edited by SiegePerilous02; Yesterday at 08:06 PM.