Page 378 of 655 FirstFirst ... 278328368374375376377378379380381382388428478 ... LastLast
Results 5,656 to 5,670 of 9824
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

"...with dozens of writers and editors all arguing all the time"...that reads like a line from a BC article.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Exactly and I'm sure he worked out certain things in the contract stage and that's why it took so long. Also unlike before when fox had the rights marvel has every once give to want the x-men to be as successful as possible. Hickman has basically been given control of the entire line and whatever books fall underneath that for x-men that hasn't been the case since ever. I'm sure he has sales check marks where they evaluate or contract options but other than that I'm sure he has free reign. He is onboarding talent by request
    That is literally what they always say. What’s he gonna say? That he got bullied into a freelance contract again so he could avoid a blacklist by the industry and lose his independent work opportunities? (A thing he talked about on bleeding cool when dox first started btw) he is doing this thing called lying people do it all the time to save face. Like Jim Starling did when they let him write thanos comics again until he was fired again lol. We won’t get the real story till a year after he is done and fired/quits AGAIN

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    "...with dozens of writers and editors all arguing all the time"...that reads like a line from a BC article.
    In that BC is accurate of their portrayal of the comics industry as toxic nightmare where it’s best writers get so little money they need go fund me pages to pay for cancer treatments? Yeah it does

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantor View Post
    In that BC is accurate of their portrayal of the comics industry as toxic nightmare where it’s best writers get so little money they need go fund me pages to pay for cancer treatments? Yeah it does
    Then my very genuine question would have to be...why do you continue to support such an industry generally and the X-franchise specifically?
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

BANNED

Then my very genuine question would have to be...why do you continue to support such an industry generally and the X-franchise specifically?
    I don’t I encourage people to use YouTube to read the comics if they are interested. I haven’t payed for a comic in 15 years
    Last edited by Gigantor; 10-25-2020 at 08:09 PM.

I don’t I encourage people to use YouTube or grey sites to read the comics if they are interested. I haven’t payed for a comic in 15 years
    Oh. Okies.

BANNED

Oh. Okies.
    Don’t tell me you actually pay for all those dox books? In this economy? Jesus Christ man just watch comics explained!

Well...I don't buy every title, just the ones I'm interested in (only six of the lot) and I follow WildeBeard on YT as I find his overviews to be quite balanced and without the annoying personal speculation.

To be fair the majority of Americans need gofundme to pay for their medical treatments, even the ones with well paying jobs, because of America joke of a healthcare system. But comic writers definitely need a union because they have no healthcare benefits and they get underpaid a lot. There's a reason why marvel and dc is fond of bringing in established novels/essayists other than popularity and that's because these writers don't mind being paid scraps since they're writing comics for fun and its their third or even fourth source of revenue.

Not to get all dialectical materialism in here, but there's no such thing as ethical consumption under capitalism. That's not to say disregard the dubious ethics and treatment of workers by corporation but if you want to support comic writers and artists then the way to go is by buying the comics they write.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Wasn't there some rumor ages back about the X-Men all getting their own planet? Was that some scrapped idea, because IIRC it came alongside a bunch of actually legit rumors.
    Remender and Marts were going to take the mutants offworld when the terrigen mists flooded the Earth. Instead the replacement creative editorial team took them to Limbo instead.

Astonishing Member

We need musical numbers. More musical numbers

Incredible Member

Only the Americans.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

The Marvel Girl costume sucks.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    The Marvel Girl costume sucks.
    I don't think that's unpopular.