42c47ff28b260a023c0ca2d0015b676c.jpg

And Dani and her best friend, Rahne, by Peter Nguyen

8d66bfa9eb2f90cc56ea74803bea7b9c.jpg

Happy New Year to Dani and her fans .

Happy 2024, everyone!

Picture1.jpg

Dani got some nice variants on Marvel Snap

Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Very nice. I haven't seen the last two before.

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Dani got some nice variants on Marvel Snap

Aw "Snap"! It can be a fun treat when you find these mobile games get original art in addition to just grabbing existing pieces and stuffing them into the game.
    Happy New Year all!

Think I should make a Rahne thread? I imagine I wouldn't be a lot of fun when I dismiss almost everything that happened to her after she left New Mutants up to her being resurected. But others might enjoy it and I know some actually like her second time with X-Factor though I think it was mixed bag.
    “After all, it could only cost you your life, and you got that for free!”
    ~*Earthbound.

Why not? I think most of us have runs where we hate what's happening to our favourite characters. I'm pretty sure a lot of people hated what Rahne went through in X-Force and then in X-Factor.

First Dani question of the year -- what are your least favorite Dani moments?

I may have to think about that for a bit, although kissing Sam is on that list, somewhere...

Happy New Year 2024 to Dani and her fans!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Hoping for an expanded role for Dani in 2024. The current era really did not do much for her. My favorite run was Ayala's New Mutants, but everything else was pretty subpar.
    She also desperately needs her own new costume that's not a variation of the yellow uniform. If only Dauterman had gotten to design a Gala look for her...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Hoping for an expanded role for Dani in 2024. The current era really did not do much for her. My favorite run was Ayala's New Mutants, but everything else was pretty subpar.
    She also desperately needs her own new costume that's not a variation of the yellow uniform. If only Dauterman had gotten to design a Gala look for her...
    Agreed.

I loath how Dani's barely second string these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Agreed on both counts.

For a costume, I'd like to see something based on the 2023 Gala look.

20231121_123201.jpg

Maybe something like this:

Aleta_Ogord_(Earth-691)_from_Guardians_of_the_Galaxy_Vol_1_15_0001.jpg

In blue and gold, minus the cape and with the neck and chest filled in with either colour.

Happy New Year to Dani and all her fans! Let's hope 2024 gives her a bit more to do!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Why not? I think most of us have runs where we hate what's happening to our favourite characters. I'm pretty sure a lot of people hated what Rahne went through in X-Force and then in X-Factor.

First Dani question of the year -- what are your least favorite Dani moments?

I may have to think about that for a bit, although kissing Sam is on that list, somewhere...
    That's tough. The most irritating things that come to mind from the stories I've read tend to be just the fact that she isn't getting enough spotlight although there is still Dani stuff I haven't read. After Rahne, she's the New Mutant I've read the most stuff for.

I'm not any kind of anti-ship(or pro ship really) but the kissing Sam thing was kind of weird. If that was going to happen, I feel like it would have happened way earlier in their histories.
    “After all, it could only cost you your life, and you got that for free!”
    ~*Earthbound.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Agreed.

I loath how Dani's barely second string these days.
    Doesn't really make her that different from every other character. Unless a character is the star of a stealth solo they are all second stringers in the team books that they appear in.

I'm not sure what my all time least favorite Dani moment is. Maybe the costume that she showed up wearing while she was posing as a member of the MLF.
    But CBR's very own Arachne did a nice job redesigning it. At least I think that it was Arachne. Apologies to anyone who I didn't credit properly for redesigning Dani's costume. Apologies to Arachne if I was right the first time.
    Kissing good old boy Sam was strange, but I've seen weirder.

Dani's obvious lowlight for me this year was the unfortunate RoX miniseries that I had been looking forward to.

I came across a look from a Marvel game that's probably my favorite for her. It's a new (and much better) version of her Academy X era.
    images.jpg