Page 93 of 663 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143193593 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 9943

I love Rogue's pink Shi'ar spacesuit sue me

Fantastic Member

Oh, is it this thread again? Let’s rustle some jimmies: Kitty and Piotr was a harmless story of young love that wasn’t an issue at all, and people only try so hard to demonize it because they want to ship Kitty with his sister instead (despite kitty literally having read illyana bed time stories, but they never want to acknowledge *that* while trying to say how bad the age gap was between Piotr and kitty).

Marvel are cowards for hyping up their wedding as the wedding of the century just to renege on it with zero closer for either of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Anchorsify View Post
    Oh, is it this thread again? Let’s rustle some jimmies: Kitty and Piotr was a harmless story of young love that wasn’t an issue at all, and people only try so hard to demonize it because they want to ship Kitty with his sister instead (despite kitty literally having read illyana bed time stories, but they never want to acknowledge *that* while trying to say how bad the age gap was between Piotr and kitty).

Marvel are cowards for hyping up their wedding as the wedding of the century just to renege on it with zero closer for either of them.
    Totally correct, there are worse pairings that come from adultery or genocide but the problem is Kitty and Colossus. Right.

Text > subtext

Make of that what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Text > subtext

The distinction between the two sometimes being arbitrary and based in biases.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Text > subtext

Isn’t that contradictory? If we make of it what we want aren’t we then valuing the subtext over the text? ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Most of the classes that we see are about practical skills as a X-man, which the X-men are obviously qualified to teach. Plus, the school was also qualified to teach some college-level classes.

Plus, considering the amount of telepaths there, why do they even need degrees? What will 4 years in engineering college will teach Forge or Madison Jeffries?
    Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Studying in the Mansion X counts as "College Graduate" if the character cards are valid. For example Cyclops counts as "College Graduate" and we all know that he has never been to college

And Iceman is an accountant.
    Good Points

It is weird always when some people are talking about school aspects, Do the X-men go on mission 365 days a year? 24 hours a day? With every member of the team? So the general consensus thinking is Xavier and others has a bunch of 13 to 18-year-olds teach them no life skills and give them no education? How many qualified teachers do people think the X-men need for classes sizes they have? Online course exists and Beast is one of the smart humans around is it impossible to believe that beast has set up a virtual school course for students that only need ONE valid instructor for test taking purposes? The X-men has danger room tech that can create any scenarios but can't be used to teach information? How much secondary information do people need to be told? You don't see the X-men eat but you assume they eat, You don't see them go to the bathroom but they go to the bathroom, You don't see them shopping but they have to shop. They are tons of things you have to assume happened. How many X-men have a driver license? Have seen them get a drivers license. You can choose to believe the X-men are inept or they are things that happen off panel.

Anyways when school was named "Jean Grey School of Higher Learning". The "Higher Learning" part actually refers to the fact the school is teaching up college level.

I guess I will do an Unpopular opinion X-men is better as an actual school than school is a front. The X-men stop wearing mask a long time back. I hate to tell some people but it is kind impossible to hide that way.

Spectacular Member DamianWayne1's Avatar

• Marvel doesn't hate your favorite character.
    • Xavier was always a jerk.
    • Morrison wrote both Scott and Jean well individually but didn't write their relationship well (mostly on Scott's end).
    • I like Emma and Scott as a couple, but not how they got together.
    • I like the O5.
    • Teen Jean was awesome.
    • Kitty & Doug were, and always will be a better couple than Kitty & Piotr.
    • I don't like Storm as a goddess.
    • Ororo & Logan made a good couple and moreover, them as a couple makes sense (mutual respect, longtime friends, longtime teammates). However, their respective best relationships are not with each other.
    • Scott Summers has made mistakes.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I’m re-reading the X-books from ‘91 to ‘97 right now, and I’ll have to say Emma and Banshee had more chemistry than Emma and Scott did during their entire relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianWayne1 View Post
    • Morrison wrote both Scott and Jean well individually but didn't write their relationship well (mostly on Scott's end).
    • I like the O5.
    • Teen Jean was awesome.
    • I don't like Storm as a goddess.
    • Ororo & Logan made a good couple and moreover, them as a couple makes sense (mutual respect, longtime friends, longtime teammates). However, their respective best relationships are not with each other.
    • Scott Summers has made mistakes.
    For Xavier, it seems that the unpopular and controversial opinion is not considering him as a jerk which I do.

For Scott Summers, it would be unlikely to consider that someone never makes mistakes. So most people think that?

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

• Scott Summers has made mistakes..
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post

For Scott Summers, it would be unlikely to consider that someone never makes mistakes. So most people think that?
    Literally NO ONE thinks that.

While the company obviously doesn't hate anyone, there are writers and editors that hate some characters, or love others a little too muc.

• I like the O5.
    • Teen Jean was awesome.
    I don't think any of those is really that unpopular, or unpopular at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    I don't think any of those is really that unpopular, or unpopular at all.
    These threads always ends up as just "Your opinions on...".

I can agreed with this.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I didn't like Emma much at the start (I'm still not huge on her) but I have been reading some of her good years on generation. It makes me feel that she does have a heart but contratry to what people believe I don't think it was Morrison who elevated the character, she was already developing before and on a cool way but the love drama and antagonism with Jean that came from Morrison only hurt her character. She could have even be with Scott without much drama, so yeah I don't think Morrison did her any good.

(I know some people disagree but that is why i posted this on the unpopular opinons thread and i'm not trying to bash anybody)
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 07-13-2019 at 08:51 AM.

M, Monet St. Croix, doesn’t need psychic powers.

She can be superstrong, supertough, fly and be haughty.