Page 147 of 655 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151157197247647 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,205 of 9824

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    He started off Red talking about forming a mutant nation, but then ended up doing other stuff, for some unknown reason. Hickman’s run started out with a new mutant nation, Sounds like Hickman’s mutant nation won out.
    That makes sense X-men Red run felt interfered with but hey we got Hickman stuff and it seems way more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post

There are many people that don't even think he is a villain and don't care when he kills someone.
    If people are threating to wipe up out your species and killed 16 million of you, I think killing should be an option on the table. Just killing alone doesn't make you villain I mean if X-men had killed a bunch of Inhumans they would have been right.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 08-24-2019 at 07:45 PM.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I don't believe he is a villain. I should have made that clear

But he is definitely the X-men most iconic antagonist by far. The fact that he is seen as heroic by many gives the X-men themselves some deep and questions to their cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Most of the time the issue with Magneto isn't what's behind what he's doing, but his methods. And to be honest, I think Emma has been on the side of the X-Men for far too long to be shoved back into the box of an outright villain. She works best, IMO, as someone shady, who will help the heroes but they won't be happy accepting her help most of the time. With one or two of them trying to get her to stop being so shady all the time.
    Shady is a bit too soft for Emma. she is flat out dangerous

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Shady is a bit too soft for Emma. she is flat out dangerous
    Through most of her history, she has been morally grey for the X-Men, but always had the students best interest in mind. It was only recently with the rush to make Scott and Emma cartoon villains that things went sideways.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont consider Magneto a villian and he hasnt been since 2001's Eve of Destruction. I'll put a footnote on one of the final arcs of Blue where he loses it trying to kill Emma but that seems to have been a momentary slip and ultimately didnt revert him back to villian status considering it was almost immediately ignored in his subsequent appearances
    I'm glad the whole "Rawr I'm evil Magneto punting puppies with my Brotherhood of Evil Mutants on my death fortress" got dropped thanks to Age of X-Man. It did nothing but hurt the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont consider Magneto a villian and he hasnt been since 2001's Eve of Destruction. I'll put a footnote on one of the final arcs of Blue where he loses it trying to kill Emma but that seems to have been a momentary slip and ultimately didnt revert him back to villian status considering it was almost immediately ignored in his subsequent appearances
    This brings up one of the biggest problems with how hes portrayed, theres no consistency. I mean this could be said for any character seeing as the creative teams are never set in stone, but since Magneto comes with the baggage of being their most iconic villain like phoenixzero mentioned the way hes written gets even muddier; the magneto im familiar with isnt Necessarily the same as yours. At least it keeps the debate healthy,though it seems everyone talkies about this rn agrees lol

The purple briefs are what make him evil, not the mass murders and terrorism. If the kink trunks ain't on his constitution, the X-Men must grant absolution.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Most of the time the issue with Magneto isn't what's behind what he's doing, but his methods. And to be honest, I think Emma has been on the side of the X-Men for far too long to be shoved back into the box of an outright villain. She works best, IMO, as someone shady, who will help the heroes but they won't be happy accepting her help most of the time. With one or two of them trying to get her to stop being so shady all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    I'm glad the whole "Rawr I'm evil Magneto punting puppies with my Brotherhood of Evil Mutants on my death fortress" got dropped thanks to Age of X-Man. It did nothing but hurt the character.
    Right?? Such a yawn. We've seen it played out how many times now? Hes infinitely more interesting as a wildcard ally-ish figure. I'd rather read about two ideologies interplaying Intead of one being automatically villified

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    Right?? Such a yawn. We've seen it played out how many times now? Hes infinitely more interesting as a wildcard ally-ish figure. I'd rather read about two ideologies interplaying Intead of one being automatically villified
    For a series that is heavily involved with the "Grey" family, the X-books have not done shades of them very well recently.

Schism could have worked. If you take away Jason Aaron's fanboying and editorial's insistence on it having a good guy and bad guy, and make it be Scott vs. Storm, it could have worked well.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    The purple briefs are what make him evil, not the mass murders and terrorism. If the kink trunks ain't on his constitution, the X-Men must grant absolution.
    Red and purple arent even complementary ...i take it all back his extremism crossed the line
    For a series that is heavily involved with the "Grey" family, the X-books have not done shades of them very well recently.

Schism could have worked. If you take away Jason Aaron's fanboying and editorial's insistence on it having a good guy and bad guy, and make it be Scott vs. Storm, it could have worked well.
    Storm in a position of leadership? Every editor from the past like 10 years just broke into a sweat

Red and purple arent even complementary ...i take it all back his extremism crossed the line

Storm in a position of leadership? Every editor from the past like 10 years just broke into a sweat
    She made the most sense at the time. Logan didn't because trying to paint him as Xavier just made them look like hypocrites. Bobby and Kitty weren't ready to lead.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I don't know if this is the correct place to say this...
    isn't it weird that nobody hates Nightcrawler?
    All characters have haters and people talking bad about them but not Kurt.

(I love him)

She made the most sense at the time. Logan didn't because trying to paint him as Xavier just made them look like hypocrites. Bobby and Kitty weren't ready to lead.
    Logan's BSOD and the fallout works as a catalyst, but as has been said before, trying to paint him as the new Xavier to Scott's new Magneto was, at best, pounding a square peg into a round hole.
    Dark does not mean deep.

This brings up one of the biggest problems with how hes portrayed, theres no consistency. I mean this could be said for any character seeing as the creative teams are never set in stone, but since Magneto comes with the baggage of being their most iconic villain like phoenixzero mentioned the way hes written gets even muddier; the magneto im familiar with isnt Necessarily the same as yours. At least it keeps the debate healthy,though it seems everyone talkies about this rn agrees lol
    IDA. Magneto has been fairly consistent for the past 15 years except for that one indiscretion from Blue last year

Agreed. Made no sense and Bunn didnt do a good job of selling it. The issues he had with Emma didnt justify that turn

(I love him)
    Not really. Nightcraweler is like the most inoffensive major character in the line
    Last edited by Havok83; 08-24-2019 at 08:58 PM.

(I love him)
    he did nothing wrong