Page 481 of 655 FirstFirst ... 381431471477478479480481482483484485491531581 ... LastLast
Results 7,201 to 7,215 of 9824
    Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Rushing? He was notoriously late by a couple of months almost every issue. The book was always late and it was always bc he took too long to finish his art
    He was rushing because he had to meet deadlines that he couldn't possibly make with his style. Hence, even with the delays, it looked rushed compared to his earlier work.

I feel claustrophobic in the X-universe, now. I’m not a mutant. I’m not persecuted. I don’t need to live on a remote island. And I feel fine with everyone as long as they behave nicely.

The readers don’t need to be traumatized by anything.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    I feel claustrophobic in the X-universe, now. I’m not a mutant. I’m not persecuted. I don’t need to live on a remote island. And I feel fine with everyone as long as they behave nicely.

I don´t think that was ever a requeriment to be a reader of X-men

I am enjoying the run but I understand this era is not for everyone, maybe you should look into somethign else that gets your attention until this Hickman´s story is done.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    I loved Psylocke since the 90s. The cartoon cameo, the games apparitions, in the comics...

Now I don't know if I am a fan of Betsy Braddock or Kwannon. lol
    Well you are a fan of both BUT Kwannon is going to be written more like the character you liked in the 90s

But you were cool with the isolated school/ mansion?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    At the school it felt like there was a plan for the future. Sort of a 'running to' situation. Krakoa feels more like a 'running away.'

The situation on Krakoa appears to be 'lets drink and screw and react to anyone coming to kill us, but just sort of party down here in the ashes of our dream, which is dead.'

The fact that X-Factor operates out of a place called 'the Boneyard,' which is surrounded by a garden of corpses cloned from their own bodies, just hangs a lampshade on the whole 'party through the apocalypse / shrug at the trauma of our never-ending cycle of deaths' mood going on.

Oh, and I'm a *fan* of this new direction. It's dark AF, and I'm here for it.

Spectacular Member

i hope they stay on the island forever ... it makes them 1000% more exciting, intriguing and interesting.

The X-men were rarely in the mansion, always wandering somewhere in the wider world, sometimes in another dimension…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    At the school it felt like there was a plan for the future. Sort of a 'running to' situation. Krakoa feels more like a 'running away.'

The situation on Krakoa appears to be 'lets drink and screw and react to anyone coming to kill us, but just sort of party down here in the ashes of our dream, which is dead.'

The fact that X-Factor operates out of a place called 'the Boneyard,' which is surrounded by a garden of corpses cloned from their own bodies, just hangs a lampshade on the whole 'party through the apocalypse / shrug at the trauma of our never-ending cycle of deaths' mood going on.

Oh, and I'm a *fan* of this new direction. It's dark AF, and I'm here for it.
    How is running away? They are doing he exact opposite, they're finally building something that is uniquely theirs and can't be taken away by humans or simply sold. The school was never a plan for the future, because it could never be a place where they can truly build a community.

The X-men were rarely in the mansion, always wandering somewhere in the wider world, sometimes in another dimension…
    Except every story started and ended in the mansion, when it was not entirely set there with someone blowing it up. But if it is for going to other places, in this era they went to space (X-men and New Mutants), the City of the Children of the Vault (X-men), Otherworld (a whole event there, plus Excalibur), Mojoworld (X-factor), fictional Latin American countries (New Mutants and X-force), Russia (X-force), Madripoor (Madauders), and the most exotic place of them all... Davos.

There have been several Hickman stories interacting with the Shi’ar in space, the Marauders literally travel around the world in a boat, CoTA is set entirely outside of the island, Wolverine has been going to Europe and Canada to fight vampires, Excalibur and New Mutants have both gone into Otherworld, SWORD is exploring the edges of the universe... need I go on?

Totally cool that you don’t like the books, you do you. But the books aren’t just on the island.
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 04-08-2021 at 06:18 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    How is running away? They are doing he exact opposite, they're finally building something that is uniquely theirs and can't be taken away by humans or simply sold. The school was never a plan for the future, because it could never be a place where they can truly build a community.
    What “finally?” They did the same thing on Genosha and Utopia, and both more or less ended the same way. Krakoa (which is already inherently flawed considering the damn place is sustained by mutant life energy) isn’t going to end any better.

There have been several Hickman stories interacting with the Shi’ar in space, the Marauders literally travel around the world in a boat, CoTA is set entirely outside of the island, Wolverine has been going to Europe and Canada to fight vampires, Excalibur and New Mutants have both gone into Otherworld, SWORD is exploring the edges of the universe... need I go on?

Totally cool that you don’t like the books, you do you. But the books aren’t just on the island.
    The basic concept of this run feels claustrophobic to me: the glorification of the “between oneself”. In our multicultural societies, it’s a dangerous path…

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    What “finally?” They did the same thing on Genosha and Utopia, and both more or less ended the same way. Krakoa (which is already inherently flawed considering the damn place is sustained by mutant life energy) isn’t going to end any better.
    Genosha wasn't done by the X-men, and had no participation of them. Utopia was always a temporary solution.

Krakoa is a true nation, that has all the mutants, even the evil ones, onboard, and has expanded even beyond the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Genosha wasn't done by the X-men, and had no participation of them. Utopia was always a temporary solution.

Krakoa is a true nation, that has all the mutants, even the evil ones, onboard, and has expanded even beyond the planet.
    Utopia's population was also like 200 mutants. Krakoa has hundreds of thousands and growing

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Genosha was quite different to Krakoa, they didn´t have live saving medicines but they got a mixed human and mutant population that had to get over years of mutant slavery and multiple civil wars and yes the X-men didn´t have anything to do with it.

Utopia was a last resort refuge for mutants so it wasn´t mean to be an actual nation.

I get the criticism on the way they are running things and some stories are done precisely to make the reader ask questions but I honestly can´t find anything wrong in the act of a group of persecuted people finally getting their own place to live in peace, especially when they come from different parts of the world. They don´t need to suffer constantly to be counted as heros just as they didn´t need to suffer in the X-mansion.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022