Page 352 of 663 FirstFirst ... 252302342348349350351352353354355356362402452 ... LastLast
Results 5,266 to 5,280 of 9936

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I'm not sure if this is controversial, but ninjas - you just can't have enough of them (well, just so long as they aren't those super teched out ninjas that seemed prevalent in the X-books in the early '90s).

Also, not every character needs a jacket.

Okay, these may've been more controversial back in the '90s, lol.
    When it comes to the X-Men, Cyclops, Rogue, and Wolverine are the characters I think about in regards to wearing jackets.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

THe constant threads of "When is x and y gonna be able to live on krakoa" are annoying and nonsensical. Its been a year. let the mutants have some good, not crowded, times.

They are still figuring stuff out.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    The reason for monogamous relationships ending (in-universe) has never been that monogamy was not fulfilling to those characters. I don't think there was even a hint of an implication.
    Yeah, but really, for how long imply characters are in a poly or non-monogamous relationship was not a taboo? Until 2019, most likely. Even now, they aren't making it official. It's kind like complaining about Iceman wasn't shown to be gay from the start when that was not an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    When it comes to the X-Men, Cyclops, Rogue, and Wolverine are the characters I think about in regards to wearing jackets.
    How can you just erase Jubilee from the jacket wearing club... Dishonour on you, dishonour on your cow

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    How can you just erase Jubilee from the jacket wearing club... Dishonour on you, dishonour on your cow
    Because Sage stole it

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post

Sorry, my brothers and I have always thought of it as a raincoat ever since the '90s animated series.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Mighty Member

Not really about the universe itself, but a lot of people have levels of vitriol and disdain for certain characters(And by certain characters, I mean it feels like every character has that one user that hates them like they curbstomped their mother or something).

And that's so god damn weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Yeah, but really, for how long imply characters are in a poly or non-monogamous relationship was not a taboo? Until 2019, most likely. Even now, they aren't making it official. It's kind like complaining about Iceman wasn't shown to be gay from the start when that was not an option.
    Having the option available, because the modern readership finds itself more liberal or whatever, doesn't mean that it makes sense with certain characters, or even a plurality of them. It doesn't make sense with the characters that are implied but I don't think it would work with most of the characters either.

The Iceman situation is different in a few ways so I don't think it works as an analogy. Now, I don't think it's a bad thing that he is gay - but I do think how it was done was pretty bad and it isn't something that should be emulated with other characters.

I can't tell if Hickman is trying to give some love to the fandom that wants poly representation, if he's trying to comment on the character relationship, or if he's trolling - but I do know that I don't like it.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    Not really about the universe itself, but a lot of people have levels of vitriol and disdain for certain characters(And by certain characters, I mean it feels like every character has that one user that hates them like they curbstomped their mother or something).

Sometimes I read a book (like AvX or something after that) where a character, like Wolverine, starts to really get annoying, but then I remember that there are writers and editors behind the scenes making him act that way. It's a shame, but what can you do?
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post

This isn’t controversial this is fact. There is hate for characters on these boards and across the interwebs lol.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Fantastic Member

Marauders is actually a pretty awful book so far that tries to hamfist a BFF relationship between two characters whose personalities have never aligned even after they gained a sense of respect for one another and the sudden shift is extremely jarring to the sense of disbelief.

On top of that the second most notably Jewish mutant behind Magneto (and not far at that) gets two different sets of knuckle tattoos and has her body cremated.

On top of that she is drinking excessively and kissing total strangers (while drinking, even!) And her actual mother figure of Ororo and more believable best friend of Bobby (versus Emma, yikes) both fail to see anything wrong with such actions and make no attempt to empathize with the woman who is uniquely unable to use the portals and has been going through a lot in-canon (most notably the failed wedding, but also being trapped in the alternate reality and the way in which she and Piotr became more aware.. only to not address it at all afterward).

Its very very obvious (and poorly done, imo) pandering and character assassination to have her doing all this things with no real scenes of her talking to people she *does* have good repoir with like Ororo, or Logan, or Bobby, or Illyana. Instead they are all just background actors for whatever random event befalls her issue to issue for the sake of validating some odd (and potentially very inappropriate) Fandom ships, like with Kitty and Emma fondly looking back at Emma's kidnapping and wondering what that would be like—without a shed of shame or ownership to Emma's inappropriate actions at the time. Because if it hints toward a sexual attraction people want, its evidently okay. Even if it is actually just plain out of character for Kitty to go around kissing random people while drunk/drinking.

Oh, and her entire death and ressurection made no sense at all and was purely there to show Emma's connection to her at the expense of the telepath who actually has a connection to her from having taken her in at 13 and was actually the one to help her control her powers. But showing one character as inept to prop up another character isn't new or uncommon in comics.

But it should be, because its the hallmark of a bad comic.

I've yet to be impressed with anything posr H/DoX mini, which is a shame since it was so good.

Quote Originally Posted by Anchorsify View Post
    Marauders is actually a pretty awful book so far that tries to hamfist a BFF relationship between two characters whose personalities have never aligned even after they gained a sense of respect for one another and the sudden shift is extremely jarring to the sense of disbelief.

On top of that the second most notably Jewish mutant behind Magneto (and not far at that) gets two different sets of knuckle tattoos and has her body cremated.

On top of that she is drinking excessively and kissing total strangers (while drinking, even!) And her actual mother figure of Ororo and more believable best friend of Bobby (versus Emma, yikes) both fail to see anything wrong with such actions and make no attempt to empathize with the woman who is uniquely unable to use the portals and has been going through a lot in-canon (most notably the failed wedding, but also being trapped in the alternate reality and the way in which she and Piotr became more aware.. only to not address it at all afterward).

Its very very obvious (and poorly done, imo) pandering and character assassination to have her doing all this things with no real scenes of her talking to people she *does* have good repoir with like Ororo, or Logan, or Bobby, or Illyana. Instead they are all just background actors for whatever random event befalls her issue to issue for the sake of validating some odd (and potentially very inappropriate) Fandom ships, like with Kitty and Emma fondly looking back at Emma's kidnapping and wondering what that would be like—without a shed of shame or ownership to Emma's inappropriate actions at the time. Because if it hints toward a sexual attraction people want, its evidently okay. Even if it is actually just plain out of character for Kitty to go around kissing random people while drunk/drinking.

Oh, and her entire death and ressurection made no sense at all and was purely there to show Emma's connection to her at the expense of the telepath who actually has a connection to her from having taken her in at 13 and was actually the one to help her control her powers. But showing one character as inept to prop up another character isn't new or uncommon in comics.

I've yet to be impressed with anything posr H/DoX mini, which is a shame since it was so good.
    All of this. The Emma/Kitty thing is grating.

Quote Originally Posted by Anchorsify View Post

My opinion is that they try to do something new by erasing the old stories. But can we really forget what happened and why using characters that have history, to begin with?

Are they just their appearance, name and their powers?

I wasn’t impressed by H/DoX mini too…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post

Some things feel as if they are being done for the sole purpose of being different.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    What, are they buddies now? Kitty used to hate Emma's guts. They did patch up a bit in Whedon's Astonishing but still.